What's new

Solved How to create a plugin?

T

Twain

Kamehameha!
Reaction score
Hello,
i want to create a plugin from scratch, so i started a new VS2010 Project and selected Xbox 360 Project. Then i created the Project like this:

After that i removed all the code generated in the main .cpp file (also the main()-Entry).
Now i placed this:
Code:
BOOL APIENTRY DllMain(HANDLE hModule, DWORD dwReason, LPVOID lpReserved)
{
        return true;
}
in the main .cpp file. But now i get alot of __CAP_Enter-Function Errors and this:
XAPILIBD.lib(xapi0.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol main referenced in function mainCRTStartup
So i guess because i removed the Entry, it doesn't know which Entry to use, but i couldn't find a way to set DllMain as new Entry Function. I thought about using the regular main()-Entry as Entry, but i looked in some .xex sources and they all used DllMain as Entry so i think it should be like that.
Any help is greatly appreciated! :smile:

X

XboxLiveLogon

The Suspense is Keeping me Alive!
Retired
Reaction score
Make sure you post your support thread in the correct section, I have moved it so you can recieve the help you need.

C

CeratedSuperior

No sympathy for the Devil; keep that in mind
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but I was having the same issue and wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. I got rid of the error for not having the main() entry point but now it seems the plugin isn't loading. I connected to vs and didn't see it loaded at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

B

Brujo666

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but I was having the same issue and wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. I got rid of the error for not having the main() entry point but now it seems the plugin isn't loading. I connected to vs and didn't see it loaded at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Go to the Properties -> Configuration Properties -> Linker -> Command Line
In the Additional options section add the following line:

/ENTRY:"mainACRTStartup" (If you are using WinMain) or "_DllMainCRTStartup" (for DLL/Static Library)

Top Bottom