• Thread starter Eeekaboo
  • Start date
  • Views 6,949
Eeekaboo

Eeekaboo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
!~Creating a Custom Theme for Xbox Dashboard~!

Warning: YOU ALWAYS RISK THE CHANCE OF GETTING BANNED BUT IT IS UNLIKELY!!!

Things you will need:
USB Flash Drive (If it is your first time using it on Xbox then you will have to configure it with however much memory you want it to have)
WinRaR http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm (usually it is the 32 bit)
USBXTAFGUI(For USB flash drive) http://www.filestube.com/d44b546e25ff308603e9/go.html
Modio http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JHKRAIQJ

REMEMBER: THE GUIDE IS MORE RIGHT THEN THE VIDEO!!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qIzSPsvAUI&feature=related[/youtube]

Step 1:(Sorry for no pictures at this first part) Firstly, go to your system settings on your xbox which can be found by pressing the big X in the middle of your controller and going to the right twice. With your USB plugged in go to your hardrive and find your themes by clicking Memory -> Themes -> then you need to have a Theme on there. (I'd just pick a free one off there if you have one) Move your Theme over to the USB Flash Drive then unplug it and stick it in your computer. (Close it for now until I tell you to open it again.)

Step 2: Open up Modio and click the big button in the upper left hand corner. Find where it says 'Other Tools' and then from 'Other Tools' it will say 'Theme Creator'. Click 'Theme Creator'. Look at the spoiler for a picture.
116n85d.jpg

Step 3: Load whatever themes into whatever category you want, name it, then click Save Theme and save it to desktop. Click spoiler for Picture.
2mq5g2h.jpg

Step 4: Once you have saved it to your desktop, there should be a file on your desktop with the name you just saved it as. Open up USBXTAFGUI and click file then open device. Click the spoiler, and you should have a screen like this.
23u6ec1.jpg
Once that is done then click on 0. {dir}Content then click on the one that says 1. {dir}0000000000000000. Click the spoiler to see what it should look like.
21euu55.jpg
After that keep clicking all the way until you can't click any farther. It should look like this.
6nwpbk.jpg
Your numbers most likely won't look the same as mine, but the point is, is that you have something there whether it's the name of your theme or random numbers like mine. That is the Theme that you saved there at the beginning. Listen carefully to this part! DRAG THE FILE INTO USBXTAFGUI, BUT MAKE SURE THAT YOU SAVE IT UNDER THE THEME YOU ALREADY HAVE IN THERE!!! It should look like what is in the spoiler.
29y2fls.jpg

Step 5: (Sorry but from here on out you need to read super carefully because I don't have pictures)Once you are on your Xbox go back to System Settings -> Memory then this time go to your Flash Drive -> Themes (There should now be 2 Themes in there) -> and move your original Theme back to your hardrive along with your new Theme if you did it right.

Please inform me on how well you liked the guide, +rep, and leave any comments necessary! Thanks for reading this and hope it works for you.

xVitalz

TCX xVitalz

Keep Dreamin'
Hardened Veteran Mr. Nice Guy Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Good job trying to help the community hyper link the links in your sig btw +rep

Kin

Kin

ロリコン
Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
nice post but this has been posted before alot but its always good to see someone who contributes with good stuff (couldnt think of a better word) in it

EscimoBoi

EscimoBoi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Sweet! How big is the ban risk for this? Doesn't seem like it could be very high... Any answer?

Mattch

Mattch

Enthusiast
Grammar Nazi Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
The ban risk is something like 0.0000000000000000001% I've had a modded theme on for around a year now and nothing.

I doubt theres anyway to check and at the very basics, it just a different picture at the background. Dosent really effect anyone as you cant share it or anything

Mr TenseJACOB

Mr TenseJACOB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Awesome tut :biggrin: Very Helpful! Ive been looking for this because i forgot how. :lol:
Thanks!!

....But Dont ask for +Rep....

melon2007

melon2007

92% Halo
Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
this has been posted numerous times but it's better than most of them

Top Bottom
Login
Register