• Views 85,542
Invisible Man

Invisible Man

Le Penseur
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Journalist AzzidReign Jr
Reaction score
Sin$
Over the last few years, this issue has come up quite a few times here on Se7ensins. Most of the time when someone asks, "How do I convert my PC save to PS3", they are usually met with a vague answer like, "Change it in Gibbed".

Since there is a little bit more involved in the process, I have decided to make a step by step tutorial for those of you that might need it.

HOW TO CONVERT PC SAVES TO PS3

STEP 1:
Place your PC save and a PS3 Dummy Save onto your desktop
5j39ZhZ.png
A dummy save is just a save you make to use as a base to resign everything to. All you do is make a new character on Borderlands: TPS or Borderlands 2 and transfer that over to your desktop.

STEP 2:
Open Bruteforce , select your Dummy Save and click "Decrypt All Files".

7oXsUFs.png

STEP 3:
Open Gibbed Save Editor and use it to open your PC save.

B2vp6FG.png

STEP 4:
Where it says "Platform", change it to PS3.

vhVxIE1.png

STEP 5:
Now it's time to save your file.
* Click save
* Select your PS3 save to save over
* You will be asked if you want to replace it.. Select yes.

pnFX24y.png

p8HSZ7I.png

STEP 6:
Go back to Bruteforce and click Encrypt PFD, then select "Encrypt All Files"

k8oNBn1.png

STEP 7:
Transfer your save back to your PS3

Congratulations!!
You have now successfully converted your PC save into a PS3 save.

F

freelemons

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi

Before decrypting the dummy savefile, does the Bruteforce do you need to configure a profile using the param file from the dummy folder? I've followed multiple tutorials but nothing has worked for me. After replacing the dummy save with the gibbed save, and encrypting it, somehow data from the dummy save remains unchanged (i.e. level 1 Axton).

DOMIN8

DOMIN8

Content Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Scaling the Mountain Platinum Record
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi

Before decrypting the dummy savefile, does the Bruteforce do you need to configure a profile using the param file from the dummy folder? I've followed multiple tutorials but nothing has worked for me. After replacing the dummy save with the gibbed save, and encrypting it, somehow data from the dummy save remains unchanged (i.e. level 1 Axton).
I've never once edited any param files or anything and BF has worked fine. Just know that the description of the save doesn't update until you actually loaf up the save in-game.

F

freelemons

Reaction score
Sin$
I've never once edited any param files or anything and BF has worked fine. Just know that the description of the save doesn't update until you actually loaf up the save in-game.

Wow I feel kinda silly. I thought I was failing because when viewing the savedata from the XMB it only says level 1 Axton, but after loading it in-game everything worked out perfectly. Thanks for your help and the quick response.

Keima Katsuragui

Keima Katsuragui

Reaction score
Sin$
It can be any savedata of any game?or you have to be Borderlands?
You can turn any PC game to PS3?

PS: Sorry my bad Inglés.

G

greennova3500

Reaction score
Sin$
when i download brute force my pc states there is malware detection and deletes it?

Silversong

Silversong

Reaction score
Sin$
I don't suppose this works in reverse? Taking a PS3 save to PC for Borderlands 2?

T

Technosprite

Reaction score
Sin$
What if you just downloaded a ps3 save file and wanted to extract it to your ps3?

T

Timbo96

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello,
i just signed up because i used your guidelines for transferring my pc saves to PS3, to upload them in PSN for PS4.
First i used some dummy saves off the Internet but the PS3 wouldnt find those saves (treated as you suggested).
Then i tried creating an own character on the PS3, transfered it via USB Stick and bruteforce wouldnt decrypt them properly. The little box on the lower left wouldt turn green and the program asks me if i want to decrypt the param.sfo.
Would appreciate any help as i want to play Borderlands 2 with my friends on PS4. Sorry for my mediocre english i am from germany.
Greetings,
Tim

P. S. : on PC i have the Handsome Collection.
The PS3 only has the normal game as my friend only handed me this one disc (i believe the dlcs are on another disc?). Idk if it makes a difference.

Last edited:
tibs

tibs

Reaction score
Sin$
Over the last few years, this issue has come up quite a few times here on Se7ensins. Most of the time when someone asks, "How do I convert my PC save to PS3", they are usually met with a vague answer like, "Change it in Gibbed".

Since there is a little bit more involved in the process, I have decided to make a step by step tutorial for those of you that might need it.

STEP 1:
5j39ZhZ.png
A dummy save is just a save you make to use as a base to resign everything to. All you do is make a new character on Borderlands: TPS or Borderlands 2 and transfer that over to your desktop.

STEP 2:

7oXsUFs.png

STEP 3:

B2vp6FG.png

STEP 4:

vhVxIE1.png

STEP 5:
* Click save

pnFX24y.png

p8HSZ7I.png

STEP 6:

k8oNBn1.png

STEP 7:

Congratulations!!
Do you need to have all D

STEP 1:
5j39ZhZ.png

STEP 2:

7oXsUFs.png

STEP 3:

B2vp6FG.png

STEP 4:

vhVxIE1.png

STEP 5:
* Click save

pnFX24y.png

p8HSZ7I.png

STEP 6:

k8oNBn1.png

STEP 7:

Congratulations!!
Do you need to have all DLC on both systems for this to work?

Top Bottom
Login
Register