Keep Kalm Chive On
Reaction score
Sin$
Tools-

-tools needed to open xbox
-rubbing alcohol
-Q-tips
-compressor or some type of compressed air thing

First of all you are going to want to take apart your xbox 360. I am not going to tell you how to do this but i will link you if you dont know.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjXaXl9Qch8
Second you are going to want to take apart your DVD drive.

You are going to want to use Qtips and rubbing alcohol for this. Dip the Q tips in the alcohol so it get wet on one side but not soked. then rub it on any dust spots like the laser, the black thing that holds the dvd in place. Clean anything with dust and make sure you dry it off with the other end of the Qtip.

Now for the console. Take your air compressor and spray it down. Spray down anything to get rid of dust. You can also use the Qtip and rubbing alchol to clean anything down just make sure you dry it afterward. Then put your xbox back together and your done.

I wanted to make this tutorial becuase my xbox wasnt sounding right and i just blew in the back of my xbox and dust just rolled out so this is a good way to keep your xbox at top notch and not worry about RROD. :biggrin:

Astro

The Black Hand

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Not sure how often this has been posted, but I can say that this does help. I usually do this every so often to RROD prone boxes of mine, just as a precaution.

Z

Zap

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
This may help you with avoiding RROD,but it also ends your warranty to get a new xbox. So,whoever uses this it is at your risk.

Chromo

Chromo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This may help you with avoiding RROD,but it also ends your warranty to get a new xbox. So,whoever uses this it is at your risk.
My warranty is already voided so i guess theres no more harm haha. Thanks nice tut!

Top Bottom
Login
Register