• Views 235,006
E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I see alot of threads asking "How do I know if my 360 is JTAG-able?". Well here is the guide to find out. This will not require anything other than you reading a few numbers in your dashboard and possibly your Manufacture Date from the sticker on the back of the console.

The following is the method for the JTAG hack. Below this is for RGH and R-JTAG.

Figuring out Motherboard Type:

76d20f47.jpg

The Diagram only shows the generation. This is how to figure out which one of the two it is.
Xenon - NON-HDMI
Zephyr - HDMI
Falcon - HDMI
Opus - NON-HDMI
Jasper - HDMI

Finding the Kernel Version:
In the dashboard go to System Settings then go to Console Settings then scroll down to System Info. Your kernel version is shown here. In this picture the 360 has the 8955 kernel applied. This console is not vulnerable.
xbrtut1.jpg

Kernel Vulnerability:

8498 and Higher - Any console with a kernel 8498 and higher have been patched to stop the hack.
7371 and lower - Any console with the 7371 kernel or a lower version of the kernel are most likely vulnerable to the hack.(Explained Below)

Kernels 7357/7363/7371
These 3 Kernels are what you may call the "iffy" kernels. Some contain a patched CB which makes the console un-exploitable.

How do I know if my console has the patched CB?

1. If the console manufacture date is BEFORE 6-1-2009 then the CB in the 360 will not be patched and you can perform the JTAG hack on it.

2. If the console manufacture date is AFTER 6-1-2009 then it is going to have the patched CB and will not be able to get JTAG'd.

CB Versions
Now this check really isn't needed. But if you get a console past 6-1-2009 and it has one of the iffy kernels then you could always dump the nand and check the CB version on it. Maybe you would be super lucky and got a exploitable box past the date. Chances are 99.99% you will get a patched box. But if you want to entertain yourself then here are the CB version's.

Open your NAND image in either Degraded or 360 Flash Tool and check the CB version. Here is a picture of Degraded. Any CB version past the one shown in the "Non-Exploitable" Section will not be exploitable. Only the ones in the Exploitable CB versions are JTAG-able.
xbrtut2.jpg

Exploitable CB versions:
1888, 1902, 1903, 1920,1921: exploitable xenon
4558: exploitable Zephyr
5761, 5766, 5770: exploitable falcon
6712, 6723: exploitable jasper

Non-Exploitable CB Versions (CD = 8453 for all of them)
Xenon: 1922, 1923, 1940
Zephyr: 4571, 4572, 4578, 4579
Falcon/Opus: 5771
Jasper: 6750

RGH Hack
LsCREr6.jpg

The R-JTAG hack should be preformed on phat consoles. The following flow-chart explains what hack is executable on any dashboard.
XhdwTbx.png

OnyX

OnyX

Ideas are Bulletproof
Retired
MotM Frame In Gold
Reaction score
Sin$
Great tutorial, but isn't this in the "How to JTAG your Xbox 360" itself?

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Its in my tutorial and in the FAQ but no one really looks for this answer in there. The only thing this has that my other threads don't is the Iffy kernel check.

OnyX

OnyX

Ideas are Bulletproof
Retired
MotM Frame In Gold
Reaction score
Sin$
Its in my tutorial and in the FAQ but no one really looks for this answer in there. The only thing this has that my other threads don't is the Iffy kernel check.

Yea, but still great it will help the kiddies.

NC JUNGLIST

NC JUNGLIST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
On my regular xbox, which is online all the time, the kernel is 9199 but the dashboard is too.Are those two numbers always the same on a console, or is that just a coincidence?

M

MagiikBeans

Reaction score
Sin$
thanks!!! this is great to know.. one thing maybe someone get help me with is how do you choose between xenon, zephyr, falcon, or jasper?

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
thanks!!! this is great to know.. one thing maybe someone get help me with is how do you choose between xenon, zephyr, falcon, or jasper?
Those are the motherboard versions. I added a part to tell which Motherboard you have up there.

A

Alan187

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i gotta opus/falcon.
but wat does foxconn mean?
it says it on the bottom of my metal case with a date and serial number.

nvm cant jtag my box my kernel is higher than the 8498. but can you still answer my other questions?

T

TheMLG Blackout

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey,

I've ordered an Xbox 360 with the dodgy 7363 Kernal. Its got no HDMI port so that makes it either Xenon/Zephyr or Opus/Falcon. Would it be Jtagable? I don't know the manufacture's date as I haven't asked the supplier.

Whats the chance of it being manufactured before 6-1-09?

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
i gotta opus/falcon.

nvm cant jtag my box my kernel is higher than the 8498. but can you still answer my other questions?
Probably just the batch name and manufacture date of the metal case. Nothing more.

Hey,

I've ordered an Xbox 360 with the dodgy 7363 Kernal. Its got no HDMI port so that makes it either Xenon/Zephyr or Opus/Falcon. Would it be Jtagable? I don't know the manufacture's date as I haven't asked the supplier.

Whats the chance of it being manufactured before 6-1-09?
Its either going to be a Xenon or a Opus. If its a Xenon yes it will be exploitable. If its a Opus then it would have to be checked by checking the manufacture date.

Swiift

Swiift

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey I know this is kinda a noob question but are only original dashboards jtagable? Like no NXE?

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey I know this is kinda a noob question but are only original dashboards jtagable? Like no NXE?
Some NXE consoles can be exploited. It depends on the kernel version of the console and cb version.

X IN54N3 SPIR4L

X IN54N3 SPIR4L

Reaction score
Sin$
i gotta opus/falcon.

Foxconn makes metal cases for electronics. For example on most USB male connectors it will say "foxconn" on it

K

KaOtiC x

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Great Tutorial lol i finally Found out if My Regular Console Was JTAGABLE lol

Top Bottom
Login
Register