What's new

Tutorial HOW TO CHANGE YOUR PUBLIC IP STOP A DDOS ATTACK ON XBOX LIVE

• Thread starter TheRealChased
  • Start date
  • Views 1,085
T

TheRealChased

Reaction score
Hope you guys enjoy my first tutorial should help alot of you with all these little kiddies thinking they are cool.

A

AzzidReign

Man with the plan
Administrator
Reaction score
All you need to do is plug in directly to the modem and ipconfig /release and then /renew. Then plug it back into the router and you are done.

T

TheRealChased

Reaction score
All you need to do is plug in directly to the modem and ipconfig /release and then /renew. Then plug it back into the router and you are done.
when you ipconfig /release /renew that does not change your public ip that changes your local ip on the network for your computer. its misleading there are videos showing that and i have personally tested that method and it does not work for me

A

AzzidReign

Man with the plan
Administrator
Reaction score
when you ipconfig /release /renew that does not change your public ip that changes your local ip on the network for your computer. its misleading there are videos showing that and i have personally tested that method and it does not work for me
No, it does not. If you use the lan and connect DIRECTLY TO THE MODEM, you are changing the modem's IP address. If you stay on wireless or through the router, then yes, you are correct. But the way I've stated it, you are incorrect. I've done it when I was getting DDoS'd and spoke with tech support asking if they could change my IP address and they told me what I posted above.

It's much easier than what you are suggesting, especially if you have a laptop that you can bring directly to the modem. You just unhook the lan to the router and plug that directly into your lan port on your laptop. 2 ezpz code lines and done.

C

Cakes

お前はもう死んでいる
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Doesn't that only work if your ISP gives you a dynamic address? Back in the day this never worked for myself as my ISP gave us a static IP. Nowadays I can just disconnect for like 10 minutes and it'll give me a new one.

A

AzzidReign

Man with the plan
Administrator
Reaction score
Doesn't that only work if your ISP gives you a dynamic address? Back in the day this never worked for myself as my ISP gave us a static IP. Nowadays I can just disconnect for like 10 minutes and it'll give me a new one.
You are probably right. I've never had an ISP with a static IP.

Top Bottom