DOMIN8

DOMIN8

Retired Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Scaling the Mountain Platinum Record
Reaction score
I've been asked this a few times so I figured I would just make this little thread so I can just link people to it. At the moment this only works for guns.

If you don't already have Cheat Engine, you can get it here: Cheat Engine 6.5.1

You'll also need the latest Cheat Table compiled by TechnoJacker: BL2 Cheat Table
(Just download the Borderlands2.cetrainer)

Now that you have the necessary software, all you need to do is start up BL2 and get to the main menu. Once you are there, Alt+Tab back to your desktop, find the Borderlands2.cetrainer and double-click it to start it up.​

dBRInWO.jpg

Click on Enable

If it enables correctly, you should see all the blue options appear that are in the previous picture. Click the box next to Scripts to open up the Scripts menu. Scroll to the bottom of that list for Gun Deletion Check Bypass and click that.

oOjDt3X.jpg

Make sure the box is checked.

You can now Alt+Tab back to BL2 and you should be able to use hybrid guns. If you are using the script you can even leave hybrid gear equipped or in your backpack but, if you ever load that character without the script running, you will lose all of your hybrid gear.​

Last edited:
K

kaylin1997

Reaction score
is this only for steam or does it work without steam? :rolleyes:

DOMIN8

DOMIN8

Retired Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
blusty

blusty

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have no idea of how happy this makes me
The joy i get knowing that i can still use modded weapons and hybrid guns by by-passing GBX's idiotic and retarded sanity check makes me giggle for joy
I laugh at Gearbox's lame attempt to ban us from modding, i laugh in their face
They say the best revenge is not to get angry but to get even....using Cheat Engine is now my best friend :smile:
Thank you Domin8 for such a wonderful thread and tools :smile:

W

warmachine79

Reaction score
does this work for consoles or only pc?

W

warmachine79

Reaction score
lol sorry im a noob at all this. is there anyway to do it on console?

K

kinix

Reaction score
Hello, is there something to bypass sanity check for items (grenade, relic, shield ...) ???

DOMIN8

DOMIN8

Retired Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Deadzz

Deadzz

Reaction score
Just saw this, I was planning on posting a thread about it but you beat me to it, months in advance.

DOMIN8

DOMIN8

Retired Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Just saw this, I was planning on posting a thread about it but you beat me to it, months in advance.
Well I posted it pretty much right away after I helped TJ test it... :smile:

Dasa188

Dasa188

Reaction score
How exactly does this work? Do you use Gibbed to put the modded gun in your bank like before? Or do you have to run the game then run the script and then find a way to put the modded gun in the game? I appreciate any help. thx

DOMIN8

DOMIN8

Retired Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
How exactly does this work? Do you use Gibbed to put the modded gun in your bank like before? Or do you have to run the game then run the script and then find a way to put the modded gun in the game? I appreciate any help. thx
Add the modded weapons in Gibbed just as before and save. Then start up BL2 and before you load your character, start CE and enable the script.

Konvict1998

Konvict1998

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does this allow you to join other people games?

VinylicPuma3

VinylicPuma3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does this allow you to join other people games?

Yes. You can join other peoples games with the weapons equipped. I don't recommend you go around flaunting them however, it's best some people think that modded weapons are gone for good. :smile:

It really only works with guns like Domin8 says, haven't gotten class mods, shields, relics, etc to work. I made a cool cross between a Sandhawk and a Lady Fist the other day. Killed pete in 4 secs lol.

A

arsenic11

Reaction score
Im a beginner at all of this, but is there a way to bypass the sanity check on ps3 because when I save some weapons they dont load up in the bank.

Sparfire

Sparfire

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Im a beginner at all of this, but is there a way to bypass the sanity check on ps3 because when I save some weapons they dont load up in the bank.
If they are modded, you can't use them on console. The patch/sanity check removed that possibility.

Top Bottom