How to bypass PS3 firmware check Tutorials

Discussion in 'PlayStation 3 Modding & Tutorials' started by gk911turbo, Dec 16, 2008 with 0 replies and 3,817 views.

1. gk911turbo

gk911turbo Enthusiast

Ratings:
    This is something useful to those who eventually want to mod their PS3. What this does is allows you to keep lower firmware an still get the benifits of playing games that require newer firmware and going online to the playstation network and all of that. As many people know if you have older firmware it makes it easier to mod the system as when they have firmware updates they include security updates that make it harder for people to mod them.

This tutorial is not my own but I thought I would post here as I am trying to help build up the PS3 part of Se7en Sins!!!

Bypass PS3 Firmware Check
    Original Poster- Greg

Remember the [Click here to view the link] for the PSP? Maybe you do, maybe you don’t; in any case, this method to circumvent the PS3 firmware check works in a similar manner by hijacking DNS requests and redirecting you elsewhere. The concept is actually quite simple… Once setup (follow the instructions below) PS3 traffic will be directed to our server which hosts modified files to report back firmware 0.00.
    These are the steps I took (on my Intel Mac using [Click here to view the link]):

1. Open a terminal window
    2. Type “cd /opt/local/var/db/dports/sources/
      rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports/net/ettercap-ng”
    3. Open “Portfile” and add “–enable-plugins” to configure.args. Save & exit.
    4. Type “sudo port -v install ettercap-ng”
    5. If everything installed fine — proceed…
    6. Grab [Click here to view the link] and replace “/opt/local/share/ettercap/etter.dns” with it
    7. Boot your PS3, ensure it’s connected to the network
    8. Start ettercap by typing “ettercap -T -Q -M arp -i en0 // // -P dns_spoof”
      (replace ‘en0′ with whatever network interface you’re using)
    9. Wait a few seconds and try going to the PlayStation Store — that’s that.
    The same can be achieved on a Linux or Windows box using the same tool, ettercap-NG — [Click here to view the link]. With Windows you’ll also need [Click here to view the link].
    So, with that said and done, you can now:

• play PS3 games online without updating
    • browse the PlayStation Store without updating

I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY IF YOU FOLLOW THIS TUTORIAL! I AM MERELY BEING A MESSANGER AND SHARING INFORMATION I HAVE FOUND!

FOUND AT [Click here to view the link]