Not open for further replies.
Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
MotM Bright Idea 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
Well as some of you may know, iGameGuardian is a jailbroken package that is similar to Cheat Engine except it's for iOS. The dev is a bit cheeky though, he requires you to donate $5 to him before he even lets you use the app. If you have gotten the app from a pirating repo, it gives you the "Initialization Failed" error. That error comes up because the dev registers the MAC address of your iDevice on his servers so you can use the app. There is a workaround. It requires you to change your iDevice MAC address, if you don't want to do that, don't stay on this post. For those of you who are still here, here is the workaround:

Requirements:
-MobileTerminal
-iGameGuardian deb file
-iFile
-SSH program such as iFunbox

Now then, first you will want to download and install this deb file:
https://mega.co.nz/#!V14SWRQI!cvPu2nxy-lbR5K8zdF6F_j7EPgdS1-_Ap7mMgDh27bI
To install it, just transfer it to any directory on your iDevice...I suggest /var/mobile/Documents
Next, go to that directory, click on the deb, click install. If you don't see the app on your springboard then respring, if you still don't see it then restart your iDevice.
Don't open the app otherwise it will give you the "Initialization Failed" error.

Next, open up MobileTerminal.
Type in this command without the quotes (it's a registered MAC address supplied by a buddy of mine, it is set up to work with the copy of iGameGuardian I linked above, this address won't work with any other copy):
"sudo nvram wifiaddr=24:5F: DF:69:E6:9A"

If you want to change your MAC address back to the one you had before type in this command (the app will no longer work if you do this, you will have to change it back to the other MAC address if you want it to work):
"sudo nvram -d wifiaddr"

The prompt should no longer appear when you load up iGameGuardian.

Edit: There is no space between the ":" and the "D", the site was changing it to this :biggrin:

E

erictez

Reaction score
Sin$
Well as some of you may know, iGameGuardian is a jailbroken package that is similar to Cheat Engine except it's for iOS. The dev is a bit cheeky though, he requires you to donate $5 to him before he even lets you use the app. If you have gotten the app from a pirating repo, it gives you the "Initialization Failed" error. That error comes up because the dev registers the MAC address of your iDevice on his servers so you can use the app. There is a workaround. It requires you to change your iDevice MAC address, if you don't want to do that, don't stay on this post. For those of you who are still here, here is the workaround:

Requirements:
-MobileTerminal
-iGameGuardian deb file
-iFile
-SSH program such as iFunbox

Now then, first you will want to download and install this deb file:
https://mega.co.nz/#!V14SWRQI!cvPu2nxy-lbR5K8zdF6F_j7EPgdS1-_Ap7mMgDh27bI
To install it, just transfer it to any directory on your iDevice...I suggest /var/mobile/Documents
Next, go to that directory, click on the deb, click install. If you don't see the app on your springboard then respring, if you still don't see it then restart your iDevice.
Don't open the app otherwise it will give you the "Initialization Failed" error.

Next, open up MobileTerminal.
Type in this command without the quotes (it's a registered MAC address supplied by a buddy of mine, it is set up to work with the copy of iGameGuardian I linked above, this address won't work with any other copy):
"sudo nvram wifiaddr=24:5F: DF:69:E6:9A"

If you want to change your MAC address back to the one you had before type in this command (the app will no longer work if you do this, you will have to change it back to the other MAC address if you want it to work):
"sudo nvram -d wifiaddr"

The prompt should no longer appear when you load up iGameGuardian.

Edit: There is no space between the ":" and the "D", the site was changing it to this :biggrin:
when i type in the command it says -sh: sudonvram: command not found......... can you please help with this

Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
when i type in the command it says -sh: sudonvram: command not found......... can you please help with this

There is supposed to be a space between "sudo" and "nvram". You were typing it in without the space.

E

erictez

Reaction score
Sin$
There is supposed to be a space between "sudo" and "nvram". You were typing it in without the space.

this is how i entered it sudo nvram wifiaddr=24:5F:dF:69:E6:9A it still says -sh: sudo: command not found.... the d is capitol i only put it like this to show you

Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
this is how i entered it sudo nvram wifiaddr=24:5F:dF:69:E6:9A it still says -sh: sudo: command not found.... the d is capitol i only put it like this to show you

Alright so try copying and pasting this in to MobileTerminal " sudo nvram wifiaddr=24:5F:dF:69:E6:9A " (with a capital d) or get Command Alert from cydia and try to use that to execute the command. If that doesn't work then just try typing in the command without "sudo".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register