What's new

Tutorial How to Buy Digital Games without Tax (USA) and 5% GST (Canada) [Updated June 23rd]

• Thread starter Spooze
  • Start date
  • Views 88,754
J

josh11770

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
lol i never changed the address book after entering a new address and i know i sent more than 100 bucks since i entered it, meh

Spooze

Spooze

Xbox Achievement Whore
Retired
Mythical Veteran Fabled Veteran Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
https://account.microsoft.com/billing/addresses#/

go here, and click on where it says payment & billing, click on the address book, make sure your new one is preferred, once i did that it worked.
I've never seen this before. It must have been added fairly recently. It must have updated automatically for people because my address is there.

Either way, I'm glad you figured it out. I'll update the OP with this link. Thanks for finding it.

Professional

Professional

Admin
Administrator
Hidden Devils
Programmer Bug Finder Supreme Bounty Hunter
Reaction score
Sin$
Will paypal work? Otherwise this is still a great tutorial. How much tax is actually put on a game on average?

Spooze

Spooze

Xbox Achievement Whore
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Will paypal work? Otherwise this is still a great tutorial. How much tax is actually put on a game on average?
PayPal should work. Just make sure your billing on PayPal is the same as the Xbox One just to be safe. The tax all depends on your State/Province.

Ale34

Ale34

Reaction score
Sin$
How I make a address be preferred? I Have three of them, one in Brazil, one in China and one in US. But i cant see the option to make one "preferred" (On the Address book page)

Spooze

Spooze

Xbox Achievement Whore
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
How I make a address be preferred? I Have three of them, one in Brazil, one in China and one in US. But i cant see the option to make one "preferred" (On the Address book page)
When you go to edit an address it'll say "Set as your preferred billing and shipping address" at the bottom:
213677f0e657b122386ea08705944c55.png

Ale34

Ale34

Reaction score
Sin$
When you go to edit an address it'll say "Set as your preferred billing and shipping address" at the bottom:
213677f0e657b122386ea08705944c55.png

This box doesn't appear, I don't know why! In both accounts that I tried! I changed the US address to Cali, as they told here, but passed more than 21 hours and nothing. I think that is something with this ''set as preferred'' that I didn't saw.

llalalalalalla

llalalalalalla

Reaction score
Sin$
if i will pre order fifa 18 on amazon it wiil work on the xbox? and if so then why you need to buy digital gift card from amzon and put it in the xbox and only then to buy game if in amazon you dont have tax?

Spooze

Spooze

Xbox Achievement Whore
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
if i will pre order fifa 18 on amazon it wiil work on the xbox? and if so then why you need to buy digital gift card from amzon and put it in the xbox and only then to buy game if in amazon you dont have tax?
I'm not entirely sure if Amazon puts tax on Digital Games. I know they don't charge tax for Gift Cards, so that's why I said to buy an Xbox Currency Card from them.

T

tannerkist

Reaction score
Sin$
Thank you so much, just saved my Shadow of War pre-order from the depths of tax hell.

Jaykae

Jaykae

Removed
Grammar Nazi Hardened Veteran Reporter
Reaction score
Sin$
This still works great.
I purchased WWII and it was $59.99 and without TAX. :biggrin:

Top Bottom
Login
Register