How to Burn Xbox 360 Games in Mac OS X

Discussion in 'Firmware Modding Tutorials' started by punkskater2448, Feb 2, 2009 with 89 replies and 186,338 views.

1. punkskater2448

punkskater2448 Taking Over The World Retired

Ratings:
    This tutorial will teach you the proper way to burn Xbox 360 games in Mac OS X

How To Burn Xbox 360 Games in Mac OS X

Older outdated methods had you hack the .ISO to set the layerbreak, and then you had to burn in Toast or something similar, and it was a 50/50 chance if it would work or not.

Tools Needed:

• OSx360
    Code:
     [SIZE=1]Download it here: [COLOR=Black]http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6P7Y0MVD[/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=Black]    
    [/COLOR]Pass: osx360[COLOR=Black] [/COLOR]

• . iso of game wanting to burn
    • . Blank DVD+R DL
    • . Stock DVD Burner on iMac/MacBook
    • . Mac OS X 10.4 or higher

Note/Disclaimer: This is written based on the fact that you already have a properly patched .iso Look around the net for tutorials on how to use ABGX360.

• Now, here's a quick screen grab of my specs.
    [​IMG]

• Now here is our OSx360.

• Where the questions mark file type appears, we are going to drag our .ISO image into there so it can look like this:

[​IMG]

• Now do a quick overview of everything in the in the verify tab of OSx360
    [​IMG]

• Move over 1 tab to Burn.
    [​IMG]

• Now insert blank DVD+R DL

[​IMG]

• Now BEFORE we hit burn, open up the Configuration tab (which will open a new window) and make sure it looks like this:

[​IMG]

• Specify Custom Layer Break: 1913760
    • Now Close that, and back to the burn tab!

[​IMG]

• Select the burn speed accordingly, depending on the media you're using.
    • Let there be burn.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

General FAQ

Q: OSx360, has checked my stealth and PFI/DMI/SS, do I still need to use ABGX360?
    A: Yes!.There was an image where I purposely removed some parts of the stealth and OSx360 said it was still good to go. So OSx360 is not to be used for checking your image, simply for burning it.

Q:I have a .000 image. When I hit burn, nothing happens.
    A:For some reason, either OSx360, or Macs in general do not handle .000 image files very well. We need to make it an .ISO image so we simply:
    Right click the .000 > Get Info > Change Extension to .ISO
    Now, we can burn.

Q: What about iBurn360? That lets me set a custom layerbreak and it's not that complicated. Just load and burn.
    A: iBurn360 will patch your games right before burning it. It compromises the security sectors of the game, and you WILL be banned.

This tutorial was not written by me, Punkskater2448. Credit goes to Jaded as 360iso.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    Do you have posting rights? I mean, 360iso has rules stating that you aren't to steal links/tutorials and what not...

3. OP
    punkskater2448

punkskater2448 Taking Over The World Retired

Ratings:
    Yes. If you read this members tut he gives every one permission to use this tut as long as credit is not taken for it. I do not steal tutorials.

4. DMPM

DMPM Enthusiast

Ratings:
    nice tut, is there anywhere to dl iso's of x360 games..?

5. ugotpwned5

ugotpwned5 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    What if you dont set the layer break? I have burned games for almost 6 months now using osx360 and have not had any problems..? Do i need to worry? ;(

6. Heart Skull Kid

Heart Skull Kid Newbie

Ratings:
    You say to use ABX360 but if I am currently without a Windows partition, how is this possible? I Googled and found no Mac versions of the software or DVDMulleter, which is what I normally used in Windows.

7. ugotpwned5

ugotpwned5 Enthusiast

Ratings:
  8. smokinsack

smokinsack Newbie

Ratings:
    do i need to have a mod chip installed in my xbox or can i ssimply use this program with a downloaded iso file?

9. Chsknight

Chsknight Newbie

Ratings:
    your xbox drive needs to be flash or modded

10. smokinsack

smokinsack Newbie

Ratings:
    i am not sure how to do that...could you point me in the right direction or help me out somehow...itd be much appreciated...i dont know all the terms but i am sure i can figure it out with some guidance pleasee

11. Chsknight

Chsknight Newbie

Ratings:
  12. KillaMike999

KillaMike999 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Hello, I am still trying to find ABGX360 for the mac? Any luck anybody?

13. Chsknight

Chsknight Newbie

Ratings:
    yeah i have been looking for it too and cant find it....

14. kurokaru

kurokaru Enthusiast

Ratings:
    [Click here to view the link]

In this zip is a folder called Mac OS X, unzip the installer and run it in your mac, that will install abgx. to replace de .ini you simply have to download it and go to "yourhomefolder"/abgx360

if someone can tell me how to use abgx in mac os x to read from the dvd drive it would be greatly appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Chsknight

Chsknight Newbie

Ratings:
    sweet thanks kurokaru!!
    and ill look into reading from the dvd drive and see what i come up with

16. frc351

frc351 Newbie

Ratings:
    hi im having a problem when i put in the disc into the harddrive of my xbox 360. a screen pops up saying that"this disc need to be in the xbox360 console to play" can some one give me a hang?

17. Chsknight

Chsknight Newbie

Ratings:
    dude omg so i tried everything to burn on pc
    and then i use my mac and it works...

sad world when i lost some love for my pc...

18. BrandonG777

BrandonG777 Newbie

Ratings:
    Dude!? How did you fit a freakin' DVD in your hard drive? Bad news is you've probably killed your hard drive doing that. :confused:cared:

As for the screen popping up, I'm assuming you mean the video partition of the disk is popping up which means you haven't correctly flashed your drive. Based on your post I would highly recommend you not proceeding any further with modding your 360. If you do I would suggest learning the correct terminology for basic computer components. :tongue:

19. seven11

seven11 Newbie

Ratings:
    im having trouble playing the game on my xbox. i've burnt multiple copies of the same game and it recognises them all as a DVD not a game. is it the burning process thats messes it up?

20. Coletrain17

Coletrain17 Contributor

Ratings:
    Nice work. It's really refreshing to see some mac tutorials around here. Great job and thanks a ton!