• Thread starter larry567
  • Start date
  • Views 38,908
L

larry567

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Can this please be moved to tutorials, some reason i couldn't post a new topic.

i did not make this tutorial, its just really hidden and i dont think many people have seen it. It makes it so you plug lpt into this, it will then turn into usb to plug into your computer, to get 2min dumps/writes for xenon, 10min for falcons, and 20min for jaspers. i just compiled the photos and put them in but this is not my tutorial and i take no credit for it

thanks, larry567

Today we will see how to make a USB module to dump (read) or flash (write) in the NAND Flash the motherboard Xbox 360 with Nandpro.

These actions are possible since the arrival of the hack free60 in August 2009 by using an LPT (connector older printers), but this method is rather long (and the time of operation can vary from one PC to another, 20 for some minutes, 2 hours for others), moreover it requires a top priority to unfold smoothly Error reading / writing (do not touch the pc during the read / write and close up the process are imperative ).

The USB protocol is when his much faster and more tolerant than the LPT, it would be a shame to miss out!

We will also see how to make the programmer that will allow us to flash (in LPT) component PIC18FXXXX. This operation is needed to run the USB module thereafter.

Let's see what we need to make this tutorial:

-15W soldering iron with fine tip.

De-tin.

The falling-legs resistors or condos to make connections on printed circuit assemblies or Kynar wire.

Programmer:

-Plate test or printed circuit board in individual pellets (especially not in strips or in block 3 tablets), 5 cm long by 5cm wide.

DB25-LPT connector (SUB-D25) or right angled male.

-8x diodes 1N4148.

Support tulip-28 Spikes 7.62mm narrow.

-1 Capacitor 100μF 25V radial chemical.

-1 220 Ohm 1/4W resistor (1/2W works too).

The software-WinPic800 download at this address:
http://www.winpic800.com//index.php?option...ge&Itemid=1

PICXBOOT.hex-file (available in the archive Picflash V3b Plus2 below).

USB module:

- Plate Test or printed circuit board in individual pellets (especially not in strips or in block 3 tablets), 3cm long and 4cm wide.

Support tulip-28 7.62 mm narrow pimples.

-1 PIC18F2455 microcontroller (18F2550 also works)

-1 12.000MHZ Quartz

-2 0.22pF ceramic capacitors

-1 220nF multilayer ceramic capacitor (capacitor chemical or CMS also works)

-1 100nF multilayer ceramic capacitor

1/4W or 1/2W resistors -5 100 Ohms.

1/4W or 1/2W resistors -2 10 KOhms

-1 HE14 connector scored single row right.

A-jumper (jumper) type hard drive, DVD player.

-Heat shrinkable,

Stranded-Wire Wiring 0.22 mm.

-USB cable (type A / A or A / B) male / male (length you want).

The software-programming and operating systems needed to install the module under Windows, available at:
http://sd-1.archive-host.com/membres/up/34...H_v3b_plus2.rar

-Optional: connector or socket PCB female USB type A or B

Note: If you take a USB type B, you will need a USB cable type A / B male, if you take one of type A, you will need a USB cable type A / A Male.

Now that we have everything we need, we can begin assembling the elements, the programming will come in the second part.

1) INSTALLATION OF THE MODULE AND PROGRAMMER USB

-A) FITTING THE PROGRAMMER:

"Here's the diagram:

100110080355689978.jpg

FYI:

A foot-1 of the microcontroller is usually indicated by a small dot on it.

The leg-No. 28 is located in front of the leg 1.

The diodes are 1N4148-one side of fitting the cathode part of each diode is represented by a black ring or ring on the diode itself, so you must connect all the cathodes together and then connect to the leg # 20 microcontroller (and has the positive side of capacitor).

The diagram is based programmer "ART2003"

100110080707221096.jpg

Here's mine when finished:

100110080840380370.jpg

I screwed a DB25 connector elbow directly on the PCB, but I had to cut inside of the plate to get the connector pins (which are offset from the holes of the plate and therefore can not all go together).

If you do not want to bother cutting, you can deport the connector with stranded wire, you do as you wish.

B) INSTALLATION OF MODULE USB:

-Arrangement:

100110081027955154.jpg

In this diagram, the module is fitted with a resonator, but rather take a crystal (connected to the legs 9 and 10 of the microcontroller) with two 0.22 pF ceramic capacitors (one leg of each condo connected to each leg of the crystal and the remaining legs of condos in the mass).

-Once the installation is complete, the jumper must be connected to GND and BOOT pins.

Photos of the USB module completed:

10011008112735459.jpg

10011008123549495.jpg

2) SCHEDULING OF INSTALLATION OF MODULE microcontroller and USB WINDOWS:

A) MICROCONTROLLER PROGRAMMING:

Connect the programmer (remember to connect the microcontroller) on the LPT port of your computer, open Winpic800 and in the main window click "settings" then "hardware".

Select ART2003 programmer in the left column and make sure you are well LPT:

10011008154015936.jpg

Click apply, then edit and test detection equipment by clicking on "detection device":

100110081620585326.jpg

The PIC is detected, it is perfect we can continue!

Now open the file picxboot.hex (file / open), then go to the tab "fuses" and make adjustments as the following image:

100110081740909758.jpg

Finally, go into the transfer menu and choose "program":

100110081839444581.jpg

The program went well, you can close Winpic800, remove the PIC programmer and put it on the USB module.

B) INSTALLATION OF MODULE USB WINDOWS:

Plug in your computer and use the file mchpusb.inf provided in the archive to install it properly.

Once the driver installed, you should see the USB module known as "Microchip USB device" in device manager windows:

100110082029748991.jpg

Then open the program PDFSUSB.exe located in the "program" and select the module from the drop-down list:

100110082140463909.jpg

Click "Load HEX File" and open the file and then make PICFLASH.hex "program device":

100110082245209645.jpg

The flash was uneventful, you can unplug the module from the computer and remove the jumper.

After reconnecting the module, it's all you have to install drivers for nandpro (Nandpro_driver_w32_x64 located in the archive), the module will be recognized as a "memory access":

100110082346229534.jpg

The module is ready, has left to assemble on the motherboard of the 360 and appreciate the joys of USB!

-FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:

-Q: When I plug the programmer, the microcontroller is not detected by Winpic800, or so I get an error when I want to set:
-A: Check out the assembly of the programmer, a link may be missing, inverted, or a component missing or damaged / reverse / defective.
-Check the box "use vdd" in the hardware setup of WinPic and retest detection, the problem comes from in some cases.
-Make sure you have the latest version of WinPic.
-Change the LPT mode in the bios of your pc and repeat the test.

-Q: When I plug the USB module on my pc I have a message "unknown device" that appears:
-A: check out the installation of the module, a link may be missing, inverted, or a component missing or damaged / reverse / defective.

-Q: I did the editing of son on the motherboard of my 360 and after typing the command in nandpro, I have this message displayed "incompatible hardware arm for this version of nandpro"
-R: the drivers for Nandpro are not installed!

"He may be a bug nandpro20b, pass on the 20a version and try.

-Q: What is a jumper (jumper) the USB module?

-A: It used to reflash the microcontroller in case of any possible future or SHIFT if you want to start over from scratch.

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS:

Thank you to 80Y and The Tool for the help provided, and the Forum XboxHackerBBS for images used to make this tutorial.
http://www.xboxhacker.net/index.php?topic=12306.0

Thank you to FoxDelta.com for their explanations on installing ART2003 programmer:
http://www.foxdelta.com/products/art2003.htm

C

CEP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i have no use for this or understand it one bit but you have my +rep for the effort and time

z IFuILILeTe z

z IFuILILeTe z

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i buy mines from a save seller on ebay,, for $30 ,.,..
this will take you at least 1 day to figure it out....

Z

zy0n

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah 1. This is already posted in another forum section... where it rightfully should be... not in the CALL OF DUTY MODERNWARFARE 2 section...

L

larry567

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
im sorry i tried posting it in tutorials but it wouldnt let me, and yes its not my tut, i just thought it was interesting seeing a lpt which turns into usb, like not just usb. i dont really know how to explain it but ya

Top Bottom
Login
Register