Working How To Build The Spire Solo! (Open VoG Door Solo)

soberinsac

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This worked perfect for me i did it on hard for all 3 of my characters and it worked each time. Nice!! Cool way to get a chest for people who have never done this or ppl who got busy and hadnt done it on one of their characters etc.etc. THANKS for posting it!!

leele2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The gates never opens for me but I manage to go to the spot wait till the build the spire objective disapears and just glitch through the door using the sparrow glitch, it then loads the conflux object once I get there :smile:

unarmed box

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the door doesnt open just glitch through with your sparrow and everything will spawn afterwards

xThe Psycho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Worked for me multiple times. Nice thread! It let me explore the secret path to the Templar near the 1st chest with a friend so I didn't have to learn it with the actual raid team.

vSmasHx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Worked for me multiple times. Nice thread! It let me explore the secret path to the Templar near the 1st chest with a friend so I didn't have to learn it with the actual raid team.
I don't think there's a chest down there. Been searching for a while and I havent found any, yet... Good luck tho

soberinsac

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This still works after the latest PATCH!! I just checked the door wasnt open. I did the sparrow glitch to get in and I got two ascendant energy out of the chest. I went down further and everything spawned like normal so we still got this neat little tricka-rooney:sneaky:

justinktm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this doesnt seem to work for me i do everything correct and it says building the spire then dissapears doors closed and no chest

GOT IT ! i did what someone said to just start it exit then go back and resume instead of restarting and it works

Last edited:

fokeiro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so start it wait the 2 mins leave then return ro go in the leave right when u log in then go back and wait the 2 mins ?

DC2GiB

Liverpool FC
Reaction score
i sw the spire forming on mine, just came out too early, then i did it again waited for more than 2 minutes and there was no spire but there was something with light on the gate, problem is when i leave it does not say resume. tried glitching in but the confluxes do not appear either.

fokeiro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
door need to be open ( need to see spire with light) for chest to spawn u can still go in without doing anything but nothing spawns

Gods By Machine

Buried in Forgotten Grounds
Reaction score
If you go to the spot and come back in the 2 mins and the Spire is up, but no line of light shooting to the door, Restart, and try to come back from the spot just a little bit faster. Maybe 1 min 50 seconds.
Door was open, and the chest was there for me. 2 mins seems to be a little to long.

soberinsac

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm it worked for me before and after the patch. I went solo a couple times and I went with a buddy once also. we even had the huge vibration as the door opened up for us and the chest was there also with ascendant shards (2). Also I had the checkpoint after I did this . Maybe it works better on the PS4 possibly? I know Borderlands 2 was really weird with some things you could do on x-box 360 you couldn't do on ps3 and so on. Just a thought

jayman605

Reaction score
Doesn't work for me. When I come back from sitting there for 2-3 minutes, I see the spire, but when I'm about to go to the door, the spire disappears. :frown:
Use the speeder glitch to enter if the door isn't open. I just did this earlier today and it's still working. the chest was there and the confluxes formed at the templar area.

To clarify, the speeder glitch is when you ride your speeder up to the left side of the VoG door and position the front of your speeder under the round part with your left side to the wall. hold the thumbstick left and dismount your speeder and you will be inside the VoG. 
Just tried it and work for both normal and hard mode.
All you have to do like it was said before is to go asap to the spot before the Vex take the plates, wait 2 min then come back to the door. In your way of coming back, make sure you see the light going to the door just to validate the first step.
Now the door will be closed before you get there but don't worry, just do the door glitch to get inside
(here a link for the door glitch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHpmDUGkXVw#t=121 very easy to do)
Then just go the path down and you have the 1st chest.

PS:
I got something inside the 1st chest in lv26 mode then change to hard, repeat the steps, open the chest in hard mode but nothing was inside. I thought you could loot 2 times the same chest but in different mode?

The only chest that gives loot in both modes is the chest located to the left of the spawn point in gorgon's maze.

xThe Psycho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think there's a chest down there. Been searching for a while and I havent found any, yet... Good luck tho
There aren't any chests directly on the secret paths. However, I believe you can get a chest to spawn if all of your raid team takes all of the secret paths (might be without dying in them, too, haven't done it yet).

Thepredatormlg

IT Master
Reaction score
This is a nice little method to open the vog door in under 2 mins solo. All you need to do is dive to the spot in the video and sit there for 2 mins and drive out and the vog door should be open.

Video tut
this will still work if you do the door glitch did it today

DEATHxDEALR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok... I was wondering if this still works after the update...I tried if before and it worked. I tried today a couple times and I would come out after sitting in the spot for two min and the vex were controlling the zones.... before when it worked for me there wouldn't be any vex at all and I'd drive up and door glitch..
So I was curious if this still works

Top Bottom