How to Bridge + Standby in CoD4

Discussion in 'Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare' started by Otaku Se7en, Jan 13, 2009 with 45 replies and 5,007 views.

1. Otaku Se7en

Otaku Se7en The Old School Retired

Ratings:
    [Tutorial] How to Bridge + Standby in CoD4 [No Pics]

Things you need:
    1. A good internet connection that can pull/hold its own Host.
    2. A Lag Switch

Where to find those:
    1. [Click here to view the link] or [Click here to view the link]
    2. [Click here to view the link]#

Also see: Faster Internet and Xbox Live
    Perhaps that can help some of you get faster internet, I have not tested it myself.

Now its not exactly 'Bridging' because you lag yourself to your own lobby. But it dosen't count as quitting so its just as good.

If in Lobby: Flip the Switch OFF until it says selecting new Host, (That means you jus Lagged out the Current Host,) Then flip it back ON, if your internet is not good enough to hold host the game lobby closes.

If in Game: Flip it OFF and hold it until your Xbox Starts working like mad after the map loads, (about 5 seconds after the map loads) Flip it back ON. Then it will tell your session timed out, and you will be in your own lobby. If your connection is not god enough to hod host, the gae lobby closes.

How to standby: When Host and in game, flip the switch OFF, it freezes EVERYONE in the game but you, you can kill them all 1 by 1, it even freezes people mid air. You can hold it off for at least 7 Seconds, I've never gone longer than that.

How to tell if your host: Flip your switch OFF then run 2 or 3 feet, flip it back ON, if it jerks you back and lags, your not host.

Let me know if somthings wrong, or can be added.

Important Note: Flipping your Lag Switch 'OFF' is the same as putting your Zone Alarm firewall on 'High'

Credits:
    Nerve: For unknowingly introducing me to the Lag Switch (shown Here: http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/call-duty-4-glitches/85705-cheat-call-duty-4-a.html)
    Me: For figuring out how to get host.

Have Fun:thumbup:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Dukes 1800

Dukes 1800 Getting There

Ratings:
    Can I do this with net tolols? I've tried it and I can't bridge the host or standby like you said I can only make everybody else lag when I'm host.
    Can you help me out please?

3. OP
    Otaku Se7en

Ratings:
    If your host why are you trying to bridge it? If you are host and leave it off, Everyone times out but you, if you are not host, and leave it off, you lag host out, but if your connection isn't good enough to hold it or someone elses is better, you lag out right after the host did.

Also, if you use Zone Alarm with your bridging, putting the firewall on 'High' is the equivalent to Flipping the Lag Switch 'Off.'

4. Dukes 1800

Dukes 1800 Getting There

Ratings:
    hopefully this thread is still active and someone will help me out:S
    i am a complete noob to this stuff so heres what happens to me: im in a lobby and i hit on in net tools then nothing happens and the countdown starts regularly. so i assume im already the host then i start the game and then i turn my lag switch in and im the only one lagging. and when i hit on in a private match and i know im host no body freezes they are just really laggy. i use net tools and i use mcafee if that helps

5. OP
    Otaku Se7en

Ratings:
    Never heard of either of those, I use Zone Alarm and a Lag Switch.

6. CrazyBeast

CrazyBeast Newbie

Ratings:
    I get the game lobby closed message. Is there a way for me to make a better connection?

7. OP
    Otaku Se7en

Ratings:
  8. Dukes 1800

Dukes 1800 Getting There

Ratings:
  9. OP
    Otaku Se7en

Ratings:
    I'm sorry, the link is good, its in the Prem forums.

10. Lucidity Lou

Lucidity Lou Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Can't be done ranked it ends the game and selects a new host (Unless you have auto standby and set it to like 2 seconds on high and 1 second MED).

11. OP
    Otaku Se7en

Ratings:
    When it does that on my screen, I get host.

12. fokeiro

fokeiro Contributor

Ratings:
    when im in the lobby i do exactly until it say changing host then i turn it on but i always get lobby closed.

update < if i get host one i need to go to the dashboard and back into the game to be host again.

13. OP
    Otaku Se7en

Ratings:
    That sounds like you have a bad connection, not meant to hold host in that game, I get host every time by my methods, its 1 in 4 or 5 that I don't.

14. Doeboy1337

Doeboy1337 Member

Ratings:
    you don't need to lag yourself out of a game to get your own lobby. After seraching put your firewall on high and boom. Also, If you can hold a standby for 7 seconds then you have a godly connection, or your lucky. Before cod5 when i standbyed I could type in .5 in autostandby and it would almost always lag someone out.

15. OP
    Otaku Se7en

Ratings:
    My connections not godly at all, its rather ****ty in most games, I've stolen host from Fiber Optics in Halo 3 before, I don't know why but my or any other connections in my neighborhood always get host.

16. PaV

PaV Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i get into my own lobby, but then i never get host :S someone help. And plus, when i do it in a game, it always just lags me out. someone help please

17. OP
    Otaku Se7en

Ratings:
    Yea your actually lagging your own lobby unless your connection beats host, if it does, host lags out and you the game gets a new host.

18. PaV

PaV Enthusiast

Ratings:
    so how would i be able to get host? :S

19. OP
    Otaku Se7en

Ratings:
    You lag your own lobby others will join your host, waitch in the top right corner when others join, if it says selecting host and their name is above yours in the lobby, then you lose host to them. You need to have a good connection to get host this isn't a 100% get it everytime thing.

20. HangtimePro

HangtimePro Permanently Plugged In

Ratings:
    Really?
    Becasue I've gotten host when I was second in the lobby. And trust me I've played plenty games where I know I'm host.