• Thread starter They Call Me Scriv
  • Start date
  • Views 10,456
They Call Me Scriv

They Call Me Scriv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
COME ON GUYS, I CANNOT BELIEVE THERE IS NO-ONE WHO HAS WORKED THIS OUT YET, GET ON IT! ANY IDEAS HOW? I HAVE HAD A GO MYSELF WITH A BRIDGE AND ZONEALARM BUT CANT SEEM TO DO IT.

HELP PLEASE

Lord Zedd

Lord Zedd

Seasoned Member
Modder Fabled Veteran Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
Get better internet and you won't have to cheat your way to host. :O

They Call Me Scriv

They Call Me Scriv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
ha ha sorry about the caps, it just started like that so I thought I would continue that way. Its not just about internet, I am from the UK so it is hard for me late at night. Its also just about knowing how to do it, I like working this stuff out, thought someone here might be able to help

R

raven360

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
ha ha sorry about the caps, it just started like that so I thought I would continue that way. Its not just about internet, I am from the UK so it is hard for me late at night. Its also just about knowing how to do it, I like working this stuff out, thought someone here might be able to help

Even if it can be done it will most likely get you banned fairly quickly. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that Bungie upgraded Banhammer in H3 and Reach to detect bridging. I'm sure 343i have their own version of Banhammer, or it may be the same as Bungie's.

E

EchoesofSilence

Reaction score
Sin$
f*** the people around here are useless, and so are you. Did you even search? I made a thread about this about 72 hours ago.

I can't believe what this forum has degenerated into. It used to be the go-to site for cheating, now you post something and almost all the replies are ****ing retarded.

The one guy that tries to provide something constructive is actually totally wrong and shouldn't be saying anything in the first place...

Even if it can be done it will most likely get you banned fairly quickly. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that Bungie upgraded Banhammer in H3 and Reach to detect bridging. I'm sure 343i have their own version of Banhammer, or it may be the same as Bungie's.
Noone has ever been banned for just bridging. It certainly isn't going to get you banned quickly, do you have any idea what it would take to actually detect it? Where do you people get this ****?

SurF

SurF

Seasoned Member
Fabled Veteran Hardened Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Ahhhhhhhh the great days of Halo 2... getting bridged host and team standbying modders. Brings tears to the eye...

Tyno

Tyno

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
**** the people around here are useless, and so are you. Did you even search? I made a thread about this about 72 hours ago.

I can't believe what this forum has degenerated into. It used to be the go-to site for cheating, now you post something and almost all the replies are ****ing retarded.

The one guy that tries to provide something constructive is actually totally wrong and shouldn't be saying anything in the first place...

Noone has ever been banned for just bridging. It certainly isn't going to get you banned quickly, do you have any idea what it would take to actually detect it? Where do you people get this ****?

That BS Angel mentioned something about them being able to detect "connection manipulation" i'll see if i can find the link but i agree with with you in the fact that it would take them a while to find you

TheBestKilleR

TheBestKilleR

ChiKKen Swoup
Mythical Veteran CotM Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
i live in the middle east and i have no problems whatsoever.
the halo 4 netcode is just that good..plus i don't think anyone knows how to do it in halo 4, if u r that desperate just do it urself

They Call Me Scriv

They Call Me Scriv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have been trying to do it myself bro, thats where Im here for help. I am just very very surprised no one has worked it out yet.

Krafty

Krafty

It was me the whole time!
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
COME ON GUYS, I CANNOT BELIEVE THERE IS NO-ONE WHO HAS WORKED THIS OUT YET, GET ON IT! ANY IDEAS HOW? I HAVE HAD A GO MYSELF WITH A BRIDGE AND ZONEALARM BUT CANT SEEM TO DO IT.

HELP PLEASE
Halo 3 was difficult to bridge in as well since Bungie actually tested and prepared for such situations. When me and Venomous Fire attempted, it was hard to even see when he got host. Doing it like Halo 2 resulted in blue screen until the ZA firewall was turned off. Even when he got host, raising the firewall, it still went back to blue screen. It was almost like the game knew wouldn't start the game until his connection was unrestricted.

Finding exploits such as this in Halo 2 was easy. But now its not, and chances are people may not devote themselves to that much troubleshooting for a video game (or they might...).

Maybe instead of coming in here with your caps lock, you can be the one to discover it instead of waiting for someone else to do it for you.

Lucifers Dog

Lucifers Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
No one works it out because it is useless to have host in this game. It was used to cheat in other games to go up in ranks and now that's gone. So what's the point?

They Call Me Scriv

They Call Me Scriv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok so again, apologies for the caps lock, I was excited. I dont see why everyone seems so harsh around these parts. I have tried very hard to do it myself, so I have come to this place, where people supposedly do this sort of stuff ... Have I done something wrong here? Because there is a lot of hostility, maybe this place just isnt what it used to be... no one seems interested in working this stuff out, just boosting and double xp codes and actually maybe that is why I was in caps, to attempt to shake people up. Where are the modders and game exploiters this place used to have?

They Call Me Scriv

They Call Me Scriv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
No one works it out because it is useless to have host in this game. It was used to cheat in other games to go up in ranks and now that's gone. So what's the point?
It is not useless when you are playing early in the morning and most of your country has gone offline meaning you play people who have a 0.5 to 1 second advantage over you. Also, its important just for the importance of knowledges sake. I for one like working this stuff out, I thought over people did too? and there is a ranking system.

Krafty

Krafty

VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I thought over people did too? and there is a ranking system.
No. People only did it to rank up.

What he meant was in Halo 2, the ranking system was based off skill and you had the possibility of ranking down, so in Halo 2 you could go backwards in progress instead of forwards if you lost or kept losing. Therefore, winning was the only option for people, and they did whatever means to win (standbying and/or modding). Bungie just wasn't prepared for it, and still had a difficult time combating it since all they could do is reply on player feedback and gameplay reports.

There's also the matter of showing off their rank icons, which in Halo 4 is obsolete since its an identical typographic icon.

And the difference with the ranking system (which I'm surprised you didn't catch its one of THE most biggest complaints) is that even if you lose, you still gain points and can still rank up. So in Reach/Halo 4, losing doesn't really matter since it doesn't penalize you for it. So even if you lose, you still kinda win. In Reach, I hit the jackpot 8 times, and each time I lost. So, I got more XP for losing in Reach than I would for winning.

Jim Halpert

Jim Halpert

Yoink!
Tutorial Creator Reporter
Reaction score
Sin$
The thing is, like in halo 2, 3 and reach there wasnt the join session in progress, obviously.

But with that, its harder to tell whos host. I see black screen quite a bit because the game naturally finds the best host, so if you force boot someone, or block their connection, since "X" person already has host, it wont be switched because its already found the best possibility from its "decision"

now that being said, that rules out any bridge in a match thats already started.

But from a match thats just starting, the moment it goes to loading screen its looking for the best possible host, before youve technically entered the match, essentially your trying to beat the gun before it fires

also, back in halo2 days, internet wasn't as stable and secure as it is today

They Call Me Scriv

They Call Me Scriv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
yeah I did know that, but there is still a system, where cheating would be beneficial. Although like I have explained, there are other reasons to know. They are also updating it to be like true skill in January are they not?

Krafty

Krafty

VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
yeah I did know that, but their is still a system, where cheating would be beneficial. Although like I have explained, there are other reasons to know. They are also updating it to be like true skill in January are they not?
Another thing to note is that unlike in Halo 2/3, 343i solution with dealing with cheaters was to place an XP cap or ban people from gaining XP, hence why they stuck with a progressing points system instead of a ranking ladder. So, even if people were to use this for cheating, thats the main hurdle they wouldn't be able to get over.

Since it's useless to then cheat since constant winning will ban them from gaining anything, thats another factor as to why no ones really bothering with taking the time to figure this out.

The "skill" ranking will be added, but only visible to you and only available to view through Halo Waypoint.

Top Bottom
Login
Register