J.Smallwood's How to become a Mod User on GTA IV & EFLC
I have created this quick simple guide to show the public starters on how to start Modding GTA from Start to Finish.
I "JSmallwood" can gurantee you will be sucessfully modding by the end of this detailed guide.
This is what you shall need for the following operation
DVD + R Dual Layer burner on your Computer.
DVD + R Dual layer disc's.
The Programs you shall need are:
Xbox Backup Creator
Instruction Guide starts below
1. You need to Download a ISO for which ever GTA you wish to Mod on. A ISO is a copy of the game. Download
Grand Theft Auto IV ISO or Grand Theft Auto: Episodes From Liberty City ISO.
(You can find a ISO for these games if you use your search engine)
2. Once you have Downloaded your ISO with Bittorent and it has finished then go to your [Downloads folder] and find the ISO Folder.
3. Now you will see a load of files so go down to the bottom and you shall see a file called mvl-gtae.rar that you need to extract to your Desktop.
4.Now once it has extracted then you shall see 2 files on your desktop. One called mvl-gtae.iso and another called mvl-gtae.dvd
5.Go and Download a set of Modifications that you like for GTA IV or EFLC.
6. Open Xbox Backup Creator
7. When the program is open click [image tools] Then [Image Browser]
8. then click [File] and [Open image fie] and open mvl-gtae.iso
9. When you have the ISO open then just replace your Common.rpf + DLC1 + DLC2 like shown.
10. Now if you get Map images with any Mods then this is how you replace image files.
The [RED] is what drop down box you use to get to the [Maps] and the [BLUE] is which sections are image files. You simply [Right Click] and [Replace]
11.Once you have Replaced all the files you needed to replace then close Xbox backup creator.
12. Now open up [ImgBurn] and click the icon and the top left.
Now this should show up:
13. Now put your DVD+R DL Disc into your disc drive and open the mvl-gtae.dvd and set write speed 2.4 (Just like shown in the screenshot)
14. Now let your Modifications Burn.
15.Now you will need to take apart your Console and disc drive to hotswap the Modifications disc that you are burning or have burn't.
Video's On how to disasemble the Xbox you have and on how to hotswap your disc's can be found on www.youtube.com
Tutorial Creator - J.Smallwood