What's new

Tutorial How to add scripts to your script.img with OpenIV.

• Thread starter IIV NATHAN VII
  • Start date
  • Views 14,787
IIV NATHAN VII

IIV NATHAN VII

You never know for sure unless you try
Frame In Gold Modder Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
As I'm still aware that many of you do not know how to put a .sco into your ISO and/or customise your own addon slots etc.. I thought I would make this nice tutorial for you.

1.) Firstly you need OpenIV which you can get here.

2.) Now you need Xbox Image Browser which you can get here.

3.) Now you need a modified script.img & script_network.img, I currently recommend MDv5 which is available here.

4.) Now you have the script & script_network.img, you need to open your script.img in OpenIV, so lets get started.

When you first launch OpenIV you will be presented with the following screen.
gUSy8Aq.png

-------------------------------
You can select either EFLC or GTA IV, they will both do the exact same thing, I usually use EFLC so I'm going to click that.
NOTE: OpenIV will probably ask you where your GTAIV.exe/EFLC.exe file is, if you do not have this go here and download it.
Next you shall be presented with the following screen, so go ahead and click file -> open archive.

tLLVNvK.png

Now navigate to the file you downloaded (or are going to add .sco's to), and hit open.
PQijzUz.png

You will be presented with a screen similar to this one, you want to go ahead and click "edit mode" so as you are able to add/rename .sco files.
sok3fin.png

Now you want to add your .sco file, so go ahead and select the + button and you shall be prompted to select a file to add.
y2o1sM6.png

After adding your .sco file, you must name it correctly for it to be loaded, I added example.sco so I'm going to rename it to a modslot, for my current setup I'm using MDv5 so it's addonmenu1.sco through addonmenu10.sco
aczDkAF.png

3YeBqgg.png

Now that you've added your .sco file you want to rebuild your .img, to do this go File -> Rebuild.
GMi9ab2.png

IbbbfX4.png

Now you're set! Now all you need to do is Open your ISO in Xbox backup creator and replace your script.img and script_network.img and you're set to burn/play :biggrin:.
-------------------------------​

Last edited:
JumpScoop

JumpScoop

Reaction score
Sin$
You should add how to edit the modmanager.sco and replace the "Addon Slot 1" text with your custom text, as well as how to do colors and symbols.

IIV NATHAN VII

IIV NATHAN VII

You never know for sure unless you try
Frame In Gold Modder Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
You should add how to edit the modmanager.sco and replace the "Addon Slot 1" text with your custom text, as well as how to do colors and symbols.
Mhmm mayb'.

JumpScoop

JumpScoop

Reaction score
Sin$
Lol why would he do that lol ? Its pritty pointless
Teaching about the colors just adds on to what I said before, "You should add how to edit the modmanager.sco and replace the "Addon Slot 1" text with your custom text, as well as how to do colors and symbols." It would teach others low-level editing of .sco files and let them change the names of the addon slot to what they are adding because some people like it like that. The colors would just be a "fun little twist".

Dark Booter

Dark Booter

Grizzled Veteran Experienced Veteran Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I remember the good times when GTA IV modding was at its peak :frown:

Top Bottom
Login
Register