How to add plasma shields to a map?

Discussion in 'Halo 2 Mod Help' started by Link Gray, Sep 6, 2008 with 6 replies and 372 views.

1. Link Gray

Link Gray Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I've seen in some mods people spawn plasma shields, stuff that isn't normally in the map, etc.

So, I want to get a plasma shield in Dune. How could I go about doing this?

And yes, before you tell me to search, I did search.

2. sacretes

sacretes Enthusiast

Ratings:
    ...i am guesing you have seen this on xlink kai or xbc...
    you dont "get" it into the map for dune. the way you saw it was because it is already in the map.
    1: if you want to shoot it out of a gun, go to the weapon tag and select plasma pistol. swap the proj of "plasma_pistol_bolt" to the mach "dune_gate"
    2: if you want them to spawn on the map i suggest making them spawn either through duplicating machine placement spawns...not so easy to do. or open scen tag and go to meta editor and finding "netgame equipment" and change a few grenades to mach-dune_gate 's
    hope this helped

• Like Like x 1
  3. RvB rox

RvB rox Contributor

Ratings:

duplicating/cloning chunk on xbl/system link = bad

swap it with a different gun.
    to do this, go to entity and go to the item collection tag [itmc]
    next choose the weapon you want. it doesnt really matter but just choose one you dont want on the map. click it and on the box to the right right clickk and go to display < idents
    then at the top of the box select the weapon, right click it and go to swap. swap it with the dune gate or whatever you want. even a warthog or tank!
    at the top go to where the bsp viewer. (i forgot where but its at the top right depending on which entity your using.)
    once in the bsp viewer, find out how to display the item collection. go around the map and move what you just swapped.

for entity controls go here

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/halo-2-beginner-mod-tutorials/107001-entity-controls.html

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    Link Gray

Link Gray Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Thanks.

I've also seen a mod where you can destroy the plasma shields with, for example, a shotgun, so that if it gets too laggy, they can be destroyed.

Any idea how to do this?

5. David5534

David5534 Premium Premium

Ratings:
    Just shoot them and they should be destroyed.

6. RvB rox

RvB rox Contributor

Ratings:
    i think those only work with the ones on relic

7. sacretes

sacretes Enthusiast

Ratings:
    depending on what you want to shoot it with...i made a no-noob gun so that non-modders cannot pick it up...
    go to weap tag sentinel aggressor beam-check dual weildable and equp to left arm only.
    then go to dependencies and find the projectile, click "goto" and then in the proj tag dependencies swap the jpt! form sentinel aggressor beam to plasma_pistol_overcharged_bolt. and its a one hit destroy sheilds and instantly takes shelids from players as well. might wanna make the proj life longer and add scopes to it, also you will need to start with a dual weildable weap (pp-sheilds/sent beam-noob gun works great) because you cannot pick it up unless you dual weild it...then just swap an itmc on the map for the sentinel beam.