What's new
  • Howdy, Guest!

We have issued a forced password reset on all user accounts, meaning you will not be able to login until this process is complete. Instructions will be displayed when you login with your previous credentials, however if for any reason you do not have access to your associated email address, you will need to contact us at [email protected].

For more information, please read this Important Announcement

Thank you for being awesome!

Tutorial Xbox 360 How to add Engine Swaps to Forza Motorsport 4 DLC Cars

CassetteTapeBoy

CassetteTapeBoy

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey forza sinners, this is my guide/tutorial on how to add engine swaps to FM4 DLC Cars. I would like to thank "TheAdmiester" for helping me with all this. I am not responsible for any damage done to your system(s) & computer(s). Be sure to make backups.

Here what you can do after you read all this:
  • Add DLC Car engines to base cars
  • Add DLC Car engines to other DLC Cars
  • Add Base car engines to DLC Cars
  • Unlock DLC cars
  • Unlock Unicorn & promotional cars
What you need:
Grab a DLC pack (I'll be using the "SRT Viper Bonus Pack"), make a folder on your desktop called "Forza Modding" and put the DLC & WxPirs in that folder.
NiWy45j.jpg

Drag the DLC file onto wxPirs or open wxPirs, then File--> Open then select your DLC.
NIXEPkT.jpg

Before we extract, make a folder called "WXPIRS Extracted" in the "Forza Modding Folder". Now come back and select the item that has bunch of capitol letters and numbers, right click on it, click "Extract Folder", now select the "WXPIRS Extracted" folder.

Now that we extracted the contents, go in the "WXPIRS Extracted" folder, make sure the first folder in it is "Media".
jFMSX9C.jpg

Go into the "Media" folder, then "DLCZips" and you should see some files. Select the "XX_pri_XX.zip", use "Cut" not "Copy.
VdgIgAe.jpg

Now Paste the "XX_pri_XX.zip" into the main "Forza Modding Folder"
T6ZnwQs.jpg

Create a folder inside the "Forza Modding" folder and call it "QuickBMS". Put all the QuickBMS files inside that folder.
fDEAYPg.jpg

Create a Text File called "Forza" inside the "QuickBMS" folder. Copy and paste the code that's found under the "Extract Zips" section of the "Big Modding Thread" into the Forza Text file, now save it. Now go back to the Main folder "Forza Modding". Select the "XX_pri_XX.zip", cut and paste in the "QuickBMS" folder. Create a folder called "Extracted" inside of the "QuickBMS" folder.
6Y7ZZLH.jpg

Select and drag the "Forza" text file onto "quickbms.exe". 2 Windows should appear, one that is a "Command Prompt" and the other a "Select Window". In the "Select Window", go to the "QuickBMS" folder and select the "XX_pri_XX.zip" file. The "Select Window" should reappear, asking for an output folder. In that "Select Window", Navigate inside the "Extracted" folder that's in the "QuickBMS Folder", now click "Save".

The "Select Window" will go away and now let QuickBMS do it's thing. If successful, you should be greeted with this. Now close the "Command Prompt" Window.
v1YNvvJ.jpg

In the "QuickBMS" folder, go inside the "Extracted" folder. The first folder should be "Media". Go inside the "Media" folder and there should a few folders. Open the "db" folder, then open the "patch folder", now you should see a file called "XXXXX_merge.slt".
AJoux7i.jpg

Now open the SLT file using "SQLite Browser". In this section, I will not go over the "editing values" part because its the same way as editing the base game's "gamedb.slt" for engine swaps. If you do not know how to edit engine swaps in general, please read the "Big Forza Modding Thread". I can give you some additional tips.

To get the "Engine IDs" and "Car IDs" from other DLCs, simply repeat what's above and copy the values to a text file for future referencing. Do not copy the "DLC" values to the base games "gamedb.slt", as the "gamedb.slt" is loaded before all the DLC's. In our "Viper" DLC example, there is data missing under "Data_Car" and "Data_Engine" when compared to other DLCs and the base game, do not worry, our "Viper" example DLC is loaded last and takes the values from the stuff loaded before it.

Now that you added the engine swaps inside the "XXXXX_merge.slt", we can move on. Navigate back to the "Extracted" folder and right click the "Media" Folder. In the menu, click Send To --> Compressed Zipped Folder.

1cBcf4Q.jpg

Now right click and Cut the "media.zip file. Go to the folder "WXPIRS Extracted", now paste in the "DLCZips" folder.

7ZGI80x.jpg

Rename the "media.zip" to "99_pri_99.zip" and rename the folder "XX_pri_XX" to "99_pri_99"

n51wdsL.jpg

Create a folder on your desktop called "Friday DLC Maker". Put the Friday DLC Maker files in that folder. After you done, that open "fdm.exe". In the "Input Directory" section, press the "..." button and select the "WXPIRS Extracted" folder in our "Forza Modding" Folder. In the "Output File Name" section, press the "..." and select the "Friday DLC Maker" folder. "Package Name" and "Description" names don't matter too much, Just make sure it says Forza Motorsport 4 in both fields. EX: "Forza Motorsport 4 Test"

KshL6M0.jpg

Now that you got done configuring it, Press the Proceed button.

LqsNnK4.jpg

If you got a failed dialog, try to run the program as Admin.

Open WxPirs and select the DLC we created. If it looks like this, you do it right!
yFURgy6.jpg

Since we used the "SRT Viper Bonus Pack" as a base for our Custom DLC, we have to delete the old one (If its installed). I assume your doing this on a Modded Xbox 360, so you install the Custom DLC like any other FM4 DLC. Install Location for our Custom DLC is "HDD1/Content/(Bunch Of 0's)/4D530910/00000002/"

If your DLC vehicles in the "Custom DLC" (or other normal DLC'S) you made do not show up in dealership and cannot be selected in garage. Your gonna have to change some values (By Editing "XXXXX_merge.slt" file again and rezipping and such). In the DLC's XXXXX_merge.slt, go to the table "ContentOffers". There should be some records in there with different sections. Under the "LicenseMask" section/row change the numbers to "0". Now go the table "Data_Car". The numbers under "IsPurchased" and "IsInstalled" should be "1". "IsUnicorn" should be "0".

QA:

(Q) Do you have any engine swap ideas?
(A) I've made a thread giving out some ideas here: https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/th...a-motorsport-4-and-other-forza-games.1837323/

(Q) Can I add and/or change cars in the Level Up System?
(A) It is possible. Some DLCs do have the "LevelUp" table that they add some DLC cars to the current system. In my experience, I couldn't get it to work.

(Q) The engine swap I want to add to X car has no name.
(A) Technically, it would work still but you wouldn't have a name when you go to select it. Luckily you can just copy over the desired engine swap that's under "Data_Engine". Copy the line that uses that engine ID and copy/paste it in the same location in your Custom DLC and enter a name under "EngineName". Since your Custom DLC loads last it'll overwrite the old line. There is a small chance of the name still not showing up.

sA6KZat.jpg

(Q) Can I bring over FM3 Exclusive Engine Swaps to FM4?
(A) Yes and it's easy to do, its just time consuming. FM3 and FM4 share almost the same table structures. Find the engine ID, look in the tables, see if the line uses that ID and copy it over to your custom DLC. A popular convert is the "Mopar 540 Big Block".

QBJpYhd.jpg

(Q) Could I have 2 Custom DLCs?
(A) I'm not sure but In my experience it didn't work at all.

(Q) The Chevy El Camino and Chevelle SS use the "454 Big Block" but use 2 different Engine IDs, is there a difference and which one should I use?
(A) Its mainly preference. Both have the same horsepower when maxed out, however the El Camino has bigger displacement (Which doesn't affect performance).

Chevelle:
NwLq96U.jpg

El Camino:
HACyprw.jpg

(Q) How do I add Electric engines to gas/diesel cars?
(A) It's possible but I do not know how to do that.

(Q) Can I bring over FM3 exclusive cars and tracks to FM4?
(A) In theory we should be able to.

(Q) Can I adjust the weight of the engine swap to be more realistic?
(A) Yes but I haven't because it never worked out for me.

(Q) I got a "Fatal Crash" when selecting a engine, how do I fix that?
(A) You either have conflicting numbers or you don't have the right numbers.

(Q) I get a "Fatal Crash" when entering any Letter-specific class race, what causes it?
(A). If your car & it's setup loads fine in a test drive, and its in theory the AI. The AI might be loading a setup that the game doesn't like, so it just stalls. I've experienced this problem and the current solution is just to start all over (In terms of the SLT table file).

(Q) Could I add an actual custom engine to FM4?
(A) I think so

(Q) Why is there duplicates of my engine swaps on the engine swap menu?
(A) I do not know what causes but it doesn't seem to affect the engine, car and game itself. I would not worry.

(Q) Do I need to repack DLC to use with Xenia?
(A) You do not have to. I would first install the DLC normally. Each DLC should be unpacked atomically in the "Content" folder. Extract the files out of the PRI zip of the DLC you want, edit the files you want, repack the files in a PRI zip (like above) but instead of using Friday DLC Maker to repack the whole DLC, copy the new PRI zip to the DLC you got the Original PRI Zip and replace it, now your done.

(Q) I got a engine swap adding problem. Every-time I add an engine swap (via the Custom DLC with PRI replacing method) it doesn't show up now. My other engine swaps and other edited/added values still work, so can I fix this?
(A) I don't know what causes it but your gonna have to repack your DLC. Luckily you can carry over your recently modified PRI file but you need a backup of your custom DLC. Just unpack your custom DLC, replace the PRI file, repack, Install via Xenia (Remove the old custom DLC before installing), launch the game and you should see your recent swaps/changes appear. My theory is that it has something to do with Windows. Like for example, repacking a DLC with a 1-deep folder on the C drive, results in an repack error but repacking on the "Desktop" is error free, even when the C drive is excluded from a full drive search using Windows Security.

Last edited:
Teancum

Teancum

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
sad_ferrari_fan sad_ferrari_fan you might be able to replace a DLC though. I haven't tried it yet, but I have several new liveries for race cars (some are just from other Motorsport games). I thought about taking on a FM4 mod after FH2 and FH1, but it being DLC only. I think if I put this in the track DLC (soccer and test track) so I don't conflict with existing car DLC.

(some examples of new liveries and ones ported from other FM games)
https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/th...edition-—-jtag-rgh-only.1258210/post-14461081

GohTheWM

GohTheWM

Reaction score
Sin$
Friday DLC Maker keeps coming up with Something went wrong with package file creation and it always comes up with code: 3221225477 or 571

Last edited:
CassetteTapeBoy

CassetteTapeBoy

Reaction score
Sin$
Friday DLC Maker keeps coming up with Something went wrong with package file creation and it always comes up with code: 3221225477 or 571

There could 2 reasons:
  1. You did something wrong (Ex: You forgot to run Friday DLC Maker as Admin).
  2. Windows Antivirus tool is interfering with that folder. At that point, I would exclude that folder from the scanning list. An even better solution would be creating a new folder and excluding that folder too.

GohTheWM

GohTheWM

Reaction score
Sin$
There could 2 reasons:
  1. You did something wrong (Ex: You forgot to run Friday DLC Maker as Admin).
  2. Windows Antivirus tool is interfering with that folder. At that point, I would exclude that folder from the scanning list. An even better solution would be creating a new folder and excluding that folder too.
I always run it as admin, and I already allowed the threat. Im on the latest Crapdows 11 update if that counts

Top Bottom
Login
Register