teb

teb

Project & Sales Manager
Administrator
Odysseus' Summit Scaling the Mountain Stickied
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello my fellow sinners, here is a quick and simple tutorial on how to get yourself a fancy custom boot animation on your modded console.

So to start with, you are going to need this on your computer.
Fake Anim
You will need your video either as .wmv or converted to .wmv
Your video can be any video you find converted to .wmv

Extracting The Folder
Once you have downloaded this, you need to extract the folder to your desktop. Open the BootAnim folder, then open jukebox. This is where you will be putting the video file you want as your boot animation. There will be a few videos in this folder that you will not need. If you plan on switching back to the original boot animation you will need to make a copy of the original on your desktop.

From here you will drag your video file into the jukebox folder, it should be the only video in the folder.
Now that you have your video file into the folder, you will want to copy the BootAnim folder onto your HDD where all your other folders are. (Games, Media, Content, etc.) This can also be on any storage device.

Edit Your Launch.ini
You will need to open your launch.ini up on your computer and put a new default in it. Here is an example:
http://prntscr.com/b1iuju
Replace the example part on FakeAnim to where your FakeAnim is located.

From this point, your console will boot both videos, your custom animation, and the original. You can stop here or continue to remove the original.

All that is left now, is to delete the original animation from your console and fix the timing on your custom animation.

You will now need to go into the fakeanim folder on your rgh and extract the config file from it. This file allows you to change the timing of the red screen which you will see before your custom animation.
Open the config file and change the delay to 10. or more but don't forget, the console needs time to boot before you can launch the animation. Once thats done change the Calibration in that file to 0. Now you can save this file back into the fake anim folder overwriting the old one.

The next step, you will be removing the original logo. So if you would like to keep it, do not do this.

Removing The Original Logo And Setting Up Config
You need to go into your RGH through ftp or you can use freestyle dash and find the flash folder on your RGH. If you are using freestyle dash you need to go into general settings and enable the advanced file manager in order to remove this file.

Now that you can see your files you need to navigate to the flash folder. inside this is a file called bootanim.xex. You will want to remove this file. Once you have removed the file you will have completed your task of swapping out your original boot animation to your custom boot animation. Keep in mind that doing this, you are deleting this forever until you reflash your nand with the previous one that had bootanim on it. You will want to backup your nand just in case something messes up and you need to reflash.

Done!

Thats a simple tutorial on creating a custom boot animation. If this helped you please leave some feedback. If you have anything to add to this, please leave it below in the comments, Otherwise enjoy my cute little tutorial.

To see a video on this, you can go Here.

T

TLRxModzZ

Noob programmer/RGH support/Host
Reaction score
Sin$
Can someone help ? Basically followed this tut and everyworked basically after I deleted my bootanim.xex and restarted console and now it don't turn on :frown: if I bypass my plugins it work but if I don't it just stays black screen forever :frown: please help

teb

teb

Project & Sales Manager
Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Can someone help ? Basically followed this tut and everyworked basically after I deleted my bootanim.xex and restarted console and now it don't turn on :frown: if I bypass my plugins it work but if I don't it just stays black screen forever :frown: please help
re flash your nand and try again.

T

TLRxModzZ

Reaction score
Sin$
re flash your nand and try again.
How do I do that ? I've got jrunner etc do I just load a saved one before ? Another problem I'll have is that I brought this 360 so should I just reflash whole thing and pray for a miracle ?

Last edited:
teb

teb

Project & Sales Manager
Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
How do I do that ? I've got jrunner etc do I just load a saved one before ? Another problem I'll have is that I brought this 360 so should I just reflash whole thing and pray for a miracle ?
Once you re flash your nand it will be like you never attempted this and you can try it again. If you follow step by step it should work flawlessly

T

TLRxModzZ

Reaction score
Sin$
Once you re flash your nand it will be like you never attempted this and you can try it again. If you follow step by step it should work flawlessly
Hi someone told me the problem is because I'm on ninja which sucks so illjust have to reflash my nand and prey for the besy

teb

teb

Project & Sales Manager
Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi someone told me the problem is because I'm on ninja which sucks so illjust have to reflash my nand and prey for the besy
NiNJA has nothing to do with it lol.

T

TLRxModzZ

Reaction score
Sin$
NiNJA has nothing to do with it lol.
I don't understand why then :frown: I followed your tut step by step and as soon as I deleted that thing everything went wrong :frown:

ZoZo

ZoZo

Adventure begins where fear ends.
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey Frame In Gold Bug Finder
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't understand why then :frown: I followed your tut step by step and as soon as I deleted that thing everything went wrong :frown:
As he's said, re-flash your NAND. I've had this issue before.

Or you can do this since you're talking about NiNJA.

T

TLRxModzZ

Reaction score
Sin$
As he's said, re-flash your NAND. I've had this issue before.

Or you can do this since you're talking about NiNJA.

are you on ninja if so did you get the fakeanim to work it will work as long as i dont delete the default one but im obviously wanting to delete the orignal one as it just adds to much boot time.

ZoZo

ZoZo

Adventure begins where fear ends.
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey Frame In Gold Bug Finder
Reaction score
Sin$
are you on ninja if so did you get the fakeanim to work it will work as long as i dont delete the default one but im obviously wanting to delete the orignal one as it just adds to much boot time.
I don't have an RGH anymore. I just re-flashed my NAND and got rid of fakeanim. So I won't be much help to you with that question.

T

TLRxModzZ

Reaction score
Sin$
I don't have an RGH anymore. I just re-flashed my NAND and got rid of fakeanim. So I won't be much help to you with that question.
Oh right :frown: well thank you very much kind sir for the help anyway:biggrin:

T

TLRxModzZ

Reaction score
Sin$
Why do you have Modz in your name if it just took 2-3 people to get you to realize flashing the nand was your only option?
so at the time I was still a noob in this section.... And it was something new I was learning, just like I bet you knew absolute nothing.... So yeah how about you let the new people learn and stop commenting with your nonsense:smile:

L

leonleon

Reaction score
Sin$
If the console boots normally, can I simply copy boot animation.xex back to flash? Or do I need to reflash the nand in order to get the original animation back?

teb

teb

Project & Sales Manager
Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
If the console boots normally, can I simply copy boot animation.xex back to flash? Or do I need to reflash the nand in order to get the original animation back?
You will need to re flash.

Byrom

Byrom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Just to update anyone reading this. Up until the recent ninja xex update removing the bootanim.xex from flash would cause a black screen freeze on boot while having the ninja plugin loaded. This is no longer the case and ninja now supports this without issue.

T

TLRxModzZ

Reaction score
Sin$
ok so i have done all this but my converted .wmv file wont play
I can't remember exactly What it is but I believe it needs to be wmv4 for it to work could be wrong, if you use vlc media player and use the web converter on that it should work !

Top Bottom
Login
Register