How the hell do i put gametypes on my xbox?

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Mod Help' started by mattduh, Jan 24, 2009 with 11 replies and 395 views.

1. mattduh

mattduh Newbie

Ratings:
    I recently downloaded the SlayerForge gametype from one of these links on the site, and I have no clue how to put it on my xbox, any help here? If you offer direct help from AIM that would be excellent, MSN works too. Here are my screen names : AIM - Matt Duh.. MSN - Martinm09@live.com

2. Xpargas

Xpargas Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    You need a transfer device/cable like Xsata or xport

you can also get a free transfer cable from microsoft

3. OP
    mattduh

mattduh Newbie

Ratings:
    I have xport its just I dont understand how it works, any tuts for complete retards like me that may help?

4. Xpargas

Xpargas Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    You need to resign the gametype with your Profile and device Ids (or you can null them out) then you put it on your HDD using xplorer or xport360

5. OP
    mattduh

mattduh Newbie

Ratings:
    How do I find out my device ID?

6. Otaku Se7en

Otaku Se7en The Old School Retired

Ratings:
    Just use this app when Resigning, it Rehashes it was well, then click and drag it onto the right folder in patrition 3 on the 360. Don't worry about knowing your device ID and such.

[App] .:: CONcept ::.

7. OP
    mattduh

mattduh Newbie

Ratings:
    Do I have to rename the file or anything, because after i resign/rehash it or whatever the file name is still slayerForge. When I look at all the other files on my 360 they look like Slayer0000004329842184041 or something like that, :\ I just simply don't understand this.

I did what you just told me to do and STILL the file is corrupt :speechless:

8. Otaku Se7en

Ratings:
    The names when they are on your 360 HDD from the computer will NOT be the same as in game what the title is. You do NOT edit the name of the save when on the computer by renaming the file. You rename or chnge the author in Hex Editor or some Halo 3 Toy Box modding program. When you take it off yu 360 you mod it, save it, then Rehash it, then Resign it. Then put it back on our 360 (Over writing old file, it should always say overwriting file.)

9. OP
    mattduh

mattduh Newbie

Ratings:
    i downloaded it off this website :speechless:

10. Otaku Se7en

Ratings:
    Then simply place it on your HDD, what exactly is the problem your stating? The File name isn't what you want, the slayer gametype comes up as 'Corrupt' when you try to run it or the gametype name in game (Playing on Halo 3) is incorrect?

I apologize I re-read your post I see what you mean now, that is strange that it is named that. I haven't used it so I would not know what it is. The file name is incorrect, that is why it does not work in halo 3. I'd recommend making a slayer gametype, saving it then changing the file name of the modded gametype to match the gametype you just made, then rehash and resign it one more time (Use CONcept, I know it is still unbanned) then put it on your 360, overwriting the one already on there.

11. unknown v2

unknown v2 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    No... You can rename Halo 3 files to anything as long as you don't edit the main string (usermap, slayer, screenshot, film). Those numbers are just a timestamp and editing them wouldn't result in a corrupt file, because I've been doing that for a long time.

If it shows up, make sure it is rehashed and signed with a non banned KV and your ID's. To get your ID's, get a CON file(save) from your xbox, open it in CONcept and save those ID's. Then write them to the Forge gametype using CONcept.

12. Otaku Se7en

Ratings:
    He's saying the filename when on his desktop is SlayerForge, not the usual slayer(1000 Numbers) thats why I said make a new gametype, and change its name to match it.