• Thread starter Korpsicle
  • Start date
  • Views 770
Korpsicle

Korpsicle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have MW2 running. I unplugged my ethernet before I ever put the disc in the drive. I have played the game using an offline account, however my XBL acct has seen the main menus, therefore it is in my "achievments" list.

If a banhammer comes through, will they hit people without retail copy on leaderboards, or will they hit any account that has "seen" MW2 pre-release w/o retail.

Anyone know how the banning was committed in past times?

tl;dr is it safe to play an already released game while the console has "seen" a game that hasn't been released yet, assuming there is a future ban?

iTz MiKe

iTz MiKe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
We'll as long as you haven't been online with the account that has the achievements for MW2 than they cant tell..but if you did there is a chance.

Korpsicle

Korpsicle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Haven't been online since I popped the disc in the tray. But if you look at my achievements list [which you can't because it hasn't updated because I'm offline...] it says
Modern Warfare 2 0/xx. Just because I've played the game offline on my console [on a diff account], doesn't mean I don't have a retail copy of the game. Can they ban on the pretenses that I've so much as played the game pre-release?

iTz MiKe

iTz MiKe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I know other people on this site are better than me at "chances of being banned by playing a game early" type stuff..but as long a you don't go back online until after release you should be ok...

Korpsicle

Korpsicle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It's not the online w/ MW2 part. It's the can I just go play like, CoD4 online?

iTz MiKe

iTz MiKe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Infect said:

I answered that question...if there is proof that you played MW2(achievements) i would stay OFFLINE till launch.

OLine57

OLine57

ALL GAVE SOME. SOME GAVE ALL. 343
Hardened Veteran Gifter Frame In Gold
Reaction score
Sin$
Infect said:

The next time you sign into XBL with the console that has played MW2, that console sends a log to XBL saying that you have played MW2. If you sign on with that console before launch, MS will see that you have obviously played the game early. If you sign on after launch, MS will see that you played the game, but will be unable to tell WHEN you played the game for the first time. They will have to assume that you played it after launch.

J

jdcx95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Infect said:

You're not gonna be banned. But if it makes you feel better, wait till the 10th.

D

Discography

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It depends how good the rip was you got, i got incredibles rip and patched it with the stealth files and i was banned

X

Complex360

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Is the RRoD rip fine, I've heard its best and it was from a completely different non-bundled disk.

D

DONTuseKYJELLY

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Tissues said:
Is the RRoD rip fine, I've heard its best and it was from a completely different non-bundled disk.
RRoD Version is the only MW2 out that is Good. Although your still taking that chance of being banned for playing a game before release. So yes its a good copy and will not get you banned but like i said above wait until the game is out im waiting until the 11th until i play. And no if anyone is wondering it has been said many times by taking your ethernet cord out NO THAT WILL NOT WORK.

Korpsicle

Korpsicle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
What do you mean taking the ethernet cord out "will not work?"

OLine57

OLine57

ALL GAVE SOME. SOME GAVE ALL. 343
Hardened Veteran Gifter Frame In Gold
Reaction score
Sin$
Infect said:
What do you mean taking the ethernet cord out "will not work?"

Just read my post above, and don't go online. If you played a bad rip you're probably screwed no matter what. If you played a clean rip you might be ok, but no matter what, don't go on XBL for any reason before MW2 launches.

Top Bottom
Login
Register