• Thread starter joseole99
  • Start date
  • Views 223,742
X

xMike

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
So my buddy has ghosts downloaded on his xbone. I set his home xbox on mine so I can play it. Can our other friend set his xbox as his home too? Then all three of us can play?
I don't think it is possible on the Xbox One. But on the Playstation4 I think you could go up to 5 people.

joseole99

joseole99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
What if i put my account on another xbox and make that one my accounts home will my friend still have the games even though his xbox isnt my accounts home?
No he will not. Only the xbox set as home and the account will have that accounts games.

T

The Bos33

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
ook what if im game sharing with another person and then someone else makes their home console as my xbox, will they be able to download the games that im downloading from the other person or do i have to buy the games in order for the other person to be able to download and play them

BlackIViper

BlackIViper

Reaction score
Sin$
I smell a ban coming along.. thats odd... 
I don't think it is possible on the Xbox One. But on the Playstation4 I think you could go up to 5 people.

Nope. Sony said to many people were abusing this so they made it only possible with 2 people. 
ook what if im game sharing with another person and then someone else makes their home console as my xbox, will they be able to download the games that im downloading from the other person or do i have to buy the games in order for the other person to be able to download and play them

You, abd the other person you shared with will both be able to play each other digital games. so if you bought a game, he can download it and play. if he bought a game, you can download it and play his too.

BlackIViper

BlackIViper

Reaction score
Sin$
So my buddy has ghosts downloaded on his xbone. I set his home xbox on mine so I can play it. Can our other friend set his xbox as his home too? Then all three of us can play?

uhhhh re-read this post...

"Method 2: It is also possible for one person to have multiple people sharing with him. If one person were to make his Xbox One the Home Xbox for two other people, he can then play his purchases, along with the purchases of the two other people. He can then do this for 3, 4, 5 or more people. This method only works if you know people willing to share their library with you even when you're not sharing yours. Keep in mind this is only beneficial for a single individual; the person who's Xbox One is set as the Home Xbox for all their friends."

T

The Bos33

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I smell a ban coming along.. thats odd... 

Nope. Sony said to many people were abusing this so they made it only possible with 2 people. 

You, abd the other person you shared with will both be able to play each other digital games. so if you bought a game, he can download it and play. if he bought a game, you can download it and play his too.
no im saying im game sharing with another person so i didnt buy the game but what if another person makes their home xbox, my xbox... will that put be able to download the games that i downloaded from game sharing and didnt buy
so it would go like this
Other person My Xbox Other friend
^my home^ ^the other persons home^ ^wants to share games that im downloding from the other person

Last edited:
TheScene

TheScene

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This works with full version digital downloads like lets say Battlefield , and Thief? If so thats awesome.

B

buafw

Reaction score
Sin$
my friend has a digital game i want so i have his account. I go to my settings and select make this my home xbox. I then have his game (note: he does not have my account, i only have his to get the game). I now want to gameshare with another friend. I give him my account and he gives me his and we both go the our setting to "make this my home xbox"
1) do i lose all the content i got from the first person?
2) can i still play the game i got from the first person?
3) if i can still play the game, can the person i gave my account to download the game i got from my first friend since i downloaded it to my account?

Last edited:
Keysnsamples

Keysnsamples

Stuff n Thangs
Retired
Fabled Veteran Greeter Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
my friend has a digital game i want so i have his account. I go to my settings and select make this my home xbox. I then have his game (note: he does not have my account, i only have his to get the game). I now want to gameshare with another friend. I give him my account and he gives me his and we both go the our setting to "make this my home xbox"
1) do i lose all the content i got from the first person?
2) can i still play the game i got from the first person?
3) if i can still play the game, can the person i gave my account to download the game i got from my first friend since i downloaded it to my account?

1. If you make your console the 2nd person's "home console", then yes. You will lose access to the 1st person's games.
2. No, see above.
3. No. when you game share the console gets the rights to the games/DLC (thus allowing everyone on that Xbox to play it). Game sharing doesn't give any rights to accounts.

Spooze

Spooze

Xbox Achievement Whore
Retired
Mythical Veteran Fabled Veteran Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
I have a question. How many people can game share with the same account? My xbox is currently set as my friend's home xbox so I can play the games he buys. Could one of my other friends recover his account and set that to their home xbox as well and play my other friends games too?

TheScene

TheScene

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Got myself another xbox 360 today. anyone game to hook me up with a proper GTA 5 digital?

MONSTAatWAR

MONSTAatWAR

Reaction score
Sin$
I know this thread is old and im all late but, If my friend wants my games. He logs onto my account Hit Xbox Home button. Now My account his is main xbox one account. I understand all that but what got me confused is. Lets say I want to buy a game, Does he need to purchase the game for me. Logged onto my account, Buy the game. Then off my account, log on his account and download. Or can I still purchase the game (even though my account is under his Xbox Home) He still will get it? I hope this makes sense. I don't see anyone asking about purchasing games for the future.

TheScene

TheScene

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
anyone have all DLC for GHOSTS haha.. would like to grab that from you

BlackIViper

BlackIViper

Reaction score
Sin$
I know this thread is old and im all late but, If my friend wants my games. He logs onto my account Hit Xbox Home button. Now My account his is main xbox one account. I understand all that but what got me confused is. Lets say I want to buy a game, Does he need to purchase the game for me. Logged onto my account, Buy the game. Then off my account, log on his account and download. Or can I still purchase the game (even though my account is under his Xbox Home) He still will get it? I hope this makes sense. I don't see anyone asking about purchasing games for the future.

No, he does not need to sign into your account or vise versa. just buy the game and it will appear in his recent downloads by going to My games and Apps>and scroll all the way to the right. Make sure you did the same to his account also. Log into his account and set his account as your home xbox.

T

The Bos33

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
would this work with something that i downloaded and not purchased

Bloodymoon00

Bloodymoon00

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok bare with me if I sound stupid but if my friend and I are game sharing and my account is home on his xbox and vise versa. If I buy a digital game and download it on my xbox on my account which is my home xbox on my friends account do we both still keep sharing the games or do we have to keep setting my home Xbox back and forth?

joseole99

joseole99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok bare with me if I sound stupid but if my friend and I are game sharing and my account is home on his xbox and vise versa. If I buy a digital game and download it on my xbox on my account which is my home xbox on my friends account do we both still keep sharing the games or do we have to keep setting my home Xbox back and forth?
you keep sharing the game and do not have to set the home xbox over again. you'll just have to go to the games and app section on the xbox that didn't download it first and it'll show up when you scroll all the way right.

K

Kakashi

OG
A Milli Mythical Veteran CotM
Reaction score
Sin$
I will be sharing Halo MCC with my brother for sure. A nice cheap way for us to both play.

joseole99

joseole99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I will be sharing Halo MCC with my brother for sure. A nice cheap way for us to both play.
Halo MCC is a Disc Only release; meaning this game sharing will not work for it. Sharing only works for Digital Downloads.

Top Bottom
Login
Register