• Thread starter joseole99
  • Start date
  • Views 223,729
InsanityVoid

InsanityVoid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi my brother has got my account set as home on his xbox, now a friend wants mine also if my friend sets my account as his home will my brother lose the use of playing my games?
Yes he will lose access.

W

W2K_Electric

Reaction score
Sin$
So my friend let me set his profile on my Xbox as my Xbox and he let his brother set his profile to his Xbox. It says I don't have permission to play the games I downloaded from his account anymore. Any advice to fix this?

Spooze

Spooze

Xbox Achievement Whore
Retired
Mythical Veteran Fabled Veteran Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
So my friend let me set his profile on my Xbox as my Xbox and he let his brother set his profile to his Xbox. It says I don't have permission to play the games I downloaded from his account anymore. Any advice to fix this?
You can only set your Home on one console at a time. When he gave his brother his account, it removed it from your Xbox.

Only way to fix it is to get his account back as your home, which would remove it from his brother's Xbox.

W

W2K_Electric

Reaction score
Sin$
You can only set your Home on one console at a time. When he gave his brother his account, it removed it from your Xbox.

Only way to fix it is to get his account back as your home, which would remove it from his brother's Xbox.
Dang it. Alrighty thank you for the help!

C

Caseystive

Reaction score
Sin$
Ok just a few questions...
So my I want my brother to share his games with me, so I would make his account my home Xbox...
Q 1. Are there any downfalls for him in doing this? Does he lose anything?

Q 2. I heard that doing this also shares Xbox gold, is that true?

Q 3. If so then how does this work...if he has Xbox live/gold, but I do too, does mine still expire when it's supposed to, or does it start using his? Does it overwrite mine right away and start using his? Are there any downfalls to this either? 
So my I want my brother to share his games with me, so I would make his account my home Xbox...

Q 3. If so then how does this work...if he has Xbox live/gold, but I do too, does mine still expire when it's supposed to, or does it start using his? Does it overwrite mine right away and start using his? Are there any downfalls to this either?

Q 4. Also...if I have his home Xbox and I buy a game, what exactly happens? If I later removed his home Xbox would I lose that game?

64G

64G

Meerkat
Hidden Devils
Reaction score
Sin$

Q 4. Also...if I have his home Xbox and I buy a game, what exactly happens? If I later removed his home Xbox would I lose that game?
1) No, as long as he plays on his account he has access to the games.
2) Yes.
3) If your account is silver and his expires in june, you will be able to play online as long as his account is set home to your console.
4) If you buy a game on his account then remove it, you cannot play the game as it's tied to what ever console is set to home for his. If it's on your account you have access.

C

Caseystive

Reaction score
Sin$
1) No, as long as he plays on his account he has access to the games.
2) Yes.
3) If your account is silver and his expires in june, you will be able to play online as long as his account is set home to your console.
4) If you buy a game on his account then remove it, you cannot play the game as it's tied to what ever console is set to home for his. If it's on your account you have access.
Ok thank you so much!
Also...I don't really understand the buying games thing. Should I basically just not buy games while connected to his home Xbox or is there any way to fix the issue of losing the game?

64G

64G

Meerkat
Hidden Devils
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok thank you so much!
Also...I don't really understand the buying games thing. Should I basically just not buy games while connected to his home Xbox or is there any way to fix the issue of losing the game?
Buy games on your own account, you own them. Buy games on his account, he owns them. Remove him from your console you don't get his games.

Spooze

Spooze

Xbox Achievement Whore
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$

While everything 64G 64G said is correct, I want to go into a bit more detail.

1. The only downfall is that he won't be able to play his games offline, but you can since it's your home. So if the internet isn't a concern, then there's really no downfall.

2. Yes, gold shares. If you're a silver membership, you will be able to play online. However, you won't be able to download Games with Gold games, the gold membership account will have to do that.

3. There's no downfall to this. If you both have gold, it will be like nothing changed. If you're gold runs out before his, you'll still be able to play online games until his gold runs out.

4. You will only lose games that he buys, not you. You can still buy games and those will always work.

C

Caseystive

Reaction score
Sin$
Ok so I just tried all of that stuff out and few things were a little weird.

1st: when I'm on his account and I go to settings and click on my home Xbox, it comes with a the loading circle but then does nothing and just stays on the settings page. Any idea why this is happening?

2nd: It allows me to download any games he has downloaded, but I'm pretty sure that's because I'm still signed onto his account. Would it be bad if I downloaded any of those games, because don't you only have one license for games your account and then another on the Xbox or something like that...?

Well, I just figured out the 2nd one by myself...it doesn't allow me to play them since I'm not signed into his account/home. So I guess that leaves us with why the Xbox home setting isn't working...?!

And I just figured out why that's happening too. It's because I made his account be on lock down so I would have to sign in Everytime, idk why I did that, but putting it to "no barriers" fixed it. Now I'm good!

Last edited:
DeathRGH

DeathRGH

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Sin$
4. You will only lose games that he buys, not you. You can still buy games and those will always work.
I was wondering about that before:

If my account bought e.g. black ops 3 and my friends xbox is set to my acc's home xbox we can both play it...thats clear but what happens if my account ( the one which bought black ops 3 ) gets perma banned?

• Q1: I assume you can't set home xbox with this account anymore if it got banned, true?
  • Q2: Can my friend still play the game as my home xbox is still set to his?
  • Q3: If question 2's answer is true can i get my license back to my console any way?

Spooze

Spooze

Xbox Achievement Whore
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I was wondering about that before:

If my account bought e.g. black ops 3 and my friends xbox is set to my acc's home xbox we can both play it...thats clear but what happens if my account ( the one which bought black ops 3 ) gets perma banned?

• Q1: I assume you can't set home xbox with this account anymore if it got banned, true?
  • Q2: Can my friend still play the game as my home xbox is still set to his?
  • Q3: If question 2's answer is true can i get my license back to my console any way?
Hmm. If I remember correctly, if you get perma-banned, you lose access to your games. If that's true, then I assume your friend won't be able to play them either.

Basically, you both lose access to the games. However, I may be wrong on that. But I assume if your account loses access due to the ban, then your friend would too since you no longer have them.

DeathRGH

DeathRGH

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Sin$
Hmm. If I remember correctly, if you get perma-banned, you lose access to your games. If that's true, then I assume your friend won't be able to play them either.

Basically, you both lose access to the games. However, I may be wrong on that. But I assume if your account loses access due to the ban, then your friend would too since you no longer have them.
basically if i get banned im f**ked anyways :tongue:?

U

Uhwhatusay

Reaction score
Sin$
And dont forget just found out when my internet went down u cant play the games u bought on your account offline. U only can play the games on the other persons account your shareing with.

Cakes

Cakes

お前はもう死んでいる
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Platinum Record End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
Is it possible to gameshare a game that has been Gameshared with you.
No. It doesn't work like that.

If A shares with B, and B shares with C, C does not get access to content given to B from A. C only has access to the content that B actually owns.

Top Bottom
Login
Register