• Views 223,730
Zero

Zero

Vox Populi Vox Dei
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Would this work? Friend 1 has an Xbox with Friend 2's account and Home Xbox on it. Friend 1 still has not given out his home Xbox to someone else, if Friend 1 game shares with me, will Friend 1 lose all of his games from Friend 2?
Friend 1's account has no relation to Friend 2's, you should be fine.

goss34

goss34

Shodan's Insect
Reaction score
Sin$
Friend 1's account has no relation to Friend 2's, you should be fine.
I am game sharing right now with another friend different from the people listed above, will I only get benefits from one of them or both since they both have my Xbox as their home Xbox?

Zero

Zero

Vox Populi Vox Dei
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I am game sharing right now with another friend different from the people listed above, will I only get benefits from one of them or both since they both have my Xbox as their home Xbox?
You'll be able to get benefits from both as long as both their home consoles are set as your console.

Q

Qbaron

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello! I am gamesharing with a friend. To play his games I must be signed in to his account. When he logs back I am automatically signed out and I cannot play his games any more.

Zero

Zero

Vox Populi Vox Dei
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello! I am gamesharing with a friend. To play his games I must be signed in to his account. When he logs back I am automatically signed out and I cannot play his games any more.
Set his home Xbox as your console before you sign out of his account.

Smok3y666

Smok3y666

Reaction score
Sin$
Just wanted to ask if i buy a game linked to an account like I did with Destiny The Collection today can I game share this account? I put the account on my Xbox and downloaded the game so is just a case of putting the account on another Xbox, set it as home and download the game on that Xbox?

Zero

Zero

Vox Populi Vox Dei
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Just wanted to ask if i buy a game linked to an account like I did with Destiny The Collection today can I game share this account? I put the account on my Xbox and downloaded the game so is just a case of putting the account on another Xbox, set it as home and download the game on that Xbox?
Any games bought digitally are able to be game shared, just the base game though.

W

WWE

Retired
Retired
Trifecta Mr. Nice Guy Community Spotlight
Reaction score
Sin$
Can three people play the same game at once
Off one account, no, but if two people have the same game on their accounts then one can gameshare with the one that doesn't have it and three people can play a game that way.
How do u game share with 4 people
You can't game share with four people, that's impossible. 4+ people can share with you but you can't share with 4 people.

Jackgamer584

Jackgamer584

Reaction score
Sin$
If I license transfer with my friend for the destiny dlcs will that take them off him because I don't want to have to give him money because he lost all his dlc and can we play the dlc at the same time.

kaiser111958

kaiser111958

Reaction score
Sin$
Quick question:
I made a friends xbox my home xbox, but now would like to make another friends xbox my home xbox. If me and my 2nd friend exchange homes, how many switches will I have made? how do you tell if your home home xbox is set at your own home?

64G

64G

Meerkat
Hidden Devils
Reaction score
Sin$
If I license transfer with my friend for the destiny dlcs will that take them off him because I don't want to have to give him money because he lost all his dlc and can we play the dlc at the same time.
No you both will have the DLC.

Quick question:
I made a friends xbox my home xbox, but now would like to make another friends xbox my home xbox. If me and my 2nd friend exchange homes, how many switches will I have made? how do you tell if your home home xbox is set at your own home?
If Friend A currently has your profile set as home to his console and friend B changes it to his, Friend A won't have your items anymore. Your profile and items are synced together so it's fine to use the stuff on your console and it will tell you in the settings if its your home.

kaiser111958

kaiser111958

Reaction score
Sin$
No you both will have the DLC.

If Friend A currently has your profile set as home to his console and friend B changes it to his, Friend A won't have your items anymore. Your profile and items are synced together so it's fine to use the stuff on your console and it will tell you in the settings if its your home.

So I checked my settings, and it gives me the option to make my xbox my "home xbox" --meaning i haven't re set my box to my actual home--tho i currently can still play all my DL games--.
My whole worry is if I were to let my friend B make his box my homeBox, and his mine, it wouldn't go over the three change rule? I just want to be sure i can play my games on my box, after i set mine to his box. Do I even need to set my xbox to "my home xbox"?

sorry if the answer is obvious, the clarity will give me piece of mind.
Thank you for your quick response!

64G

64G

Meerkat
Hidden Devils
Reaction score
Sin$
So I checked my settings, and it gives me the option to make my xbox my "home xbox" --meaning i haven't re set my box to my actual home--tho i currently can still play all my DL games--.
My whole worry is if I were to let my friend B make his box my homeBox, and his mine, it wouldn't go over the three change rule? I just want to be sure i can play my games on my box, after i set mine to his box. Do I even need to set my xbox to "my home xbox"?

sorry if the answer is obvious, the clarity will give me piece of mind.
Thank you for your quick response!
You'll be fine to play since the items are registered to your account. No you don't need to set it to your console. You'll know if over the limit.

C

CyberDigit

Reaction score
Sin$
So if friend 1 buys a game on his own profile while on friend 2's home xbox, is the game on friend 1's account or friend 2's account?

64G

64G

Meerkat
Hidden Devils
Reaction score
Sin$
So if friend 1 buys a game on his own profile while on friend 2's home xbox, is the game on friend 1's account or friend 2's account?
The game is bought on friend 1's profile. Friend 2 has access to the game because friend 1's account is set to have friend 2's Xbox as home.

S

Sean144

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm wondering if there is any way I can play my digital games offline?

Set the console from a friend to home xbox and vice versa. I'm not sure if he can play the games offline. I think so. But I can't.

When I have to work at nights I take my xbox with me that I can play if there is not so much to do. But I'm not able to connect me with the WiFi at work so there is no chance to play FIFA 17 for example. The only possible way would be to connect the xbox via hotspot over the iPhone. But I don't want to waste my traffic just to play some rounds of FIFA.

Spooze

Spooze

Xbox Achievement Whore
Retired
Mythical Veteran Fabled Veteran Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm wondering if there is any way I can play my digital games offline?

Set the console from a friend to home xbox and vice versa. I'm not sure if he can play the games offline. I think so. But I can't.

When I have to work at nights I take my xbox with me that I can play if there is not so much to do. But I'm not able to connect me with the WiFi at work so there is no chance to play FIFA 17 for example. The only possible way would be to connect the xbox via hotspot over the iPhone. But I don't want to waste my traffic just to play some rounds of FIFA.
You can only play the games offline of the ones that are home. So you can play your friend's games offline, and he can play yours.

Shift YTBR

Shift YTBR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello guys, I need help on this account sharing issue, if you can help me to solve this problem, I would appreciate. A few months ago I had a friend who shared the account with me, but now I don't have more contact with him and I'm sure he's using in his xbox my account as home xbox. But on my xbox, my account is main xbox too, and two days after I buy a game, he appears playing the same game. What should I do to find out if it is actually using my xbox live and my games? What should I do to stop it?

Top Bottom
Login
Register