Tutorial How Sharing Games Works [Explained]

• Thread starter joseole99
  • Start date
  • Views 223,738
bizzyhood

bizzyhood

Reaction score
Sin$
I have a few friends who have given me there accounts with games that we've gone halfs on , in total about 10 set on my Xbox as home I set up a new friends account in my Xbox and bought Star Wars and when I set his account to home it started downloading now it will not launch at all ... So I signed into his account on my Xbox and went to store and it says he doesn't own the game any ideas ? On his own Xbox he can play the game fine puzzling me

NukaVault935

NukaVault935

Reaction score
Sin$
So I did this w/ my friend and when be has me set to his home Xbox, I cannot play CoD Ghosts. I license transferred him Fallout4. I don't think I can change it back for a year cause he doesn't know what he's doing and he keeps changing it back.

PS. Is the year wait a full year, or until the end of this year???

Mark Wahlberg

Mark Wahlberg

I need another set real quick!
Reaction score
Sin$
Thank you for a very well worded explanation. Appreciated. :smile:
Can my friend that I game shared with make his xbox his home Xbox again? Or will that make me lose the stuff I got from him?

64G

64G

Meerkat
Hidden Devils
Reaction score
Sin$
Can my friend that I game shared with make his xbox his home Xbox again? Or will that make me lose the stuff I got from him?
Once His Profile No Longer Has Your Console Set As The Home You Will Lose The Items You Got From Him.

dubuddaman

dubuddaman

Enthusiast
Frame In Gold 10th Anniversary Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
OK, probably already been discussed, but there are a lot of pages. This may be quicker!

If I set my Xbox home on my friends Xbox, and he sets his home to mt Xbox, essentially any game I buy he would get, and any game he bought I would get correct?

Or can only one person purchase the games and the other is just the recipient?

Mark Wahlberg

Mark Wahlberg

I need another set real quick!
Reaction score
Sin$
Once His Profile No Longer Has Your Console Set As The Home You Will Lose The Items You Got From Him.
Is there a way we can make our home Xboxs to our own account on our own Xbox without losing the stuff?

64G

64G

Meerkat
Hidden Devils
Reaction score
Sin$
Is there a way we can make our home Xboxs to our own account on our own Xbox without losing the stuff?
Nope there isn't a way.
OK, probably already been discussed, but there are a lot of pages. This may be quicker!

If I set my Xbox home on my friends Xbox, and he sets his home to mt Xbox, essentially any game I buy he would get, and any game he bought I would get correct?

Or can only one person purchase the games and the other is just the recipient?
It will be both for the profile that purchased the game as well as the Xbox the profile has the home set to.

Marshy 138

Marshy 138

Reaction score
Sin$
Right so I can set me account up at my friends as my home console and him do the same then whenever we buy a downloadable game we can both play it right?
Would I need to go to my mates to buy the game? (Do you have to buy the game on the Xbox which your account is set up as the home Xbox?)
Does this work if you buy the game from the US store as we are in the UK?
Does it have to be brought from the Xbox store? or can you buy a downloadable code, download the game and then share it?
Thanks

J

Jay Swag

Reaction score
Sin$
I know this is a pretty old thread, but does the Account Sharing reset at New Years?
Can I add a second gameshare account?
Please reply, thanks in advance.

LashleyAFC

LashleyAFC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Sorry to bump.

Is it possible to play a game from an account that isnt set as my home xbox? I read I could start the game up on that account, then swap to my own account and be able to play it on that. Bit of a faff, but still.

64G

64G

Meerkat
Hidden Devils
Reaction score
Sin$
Sorry to bump.

Is it possible to play a game from an account that isnt set as my home xbox? I read I could start the game up on that account, then swap to my own account and be able to play it on that. Bit of a faff, but still.

No The Account You Got The Game From(Friends Account) Has To Be Set As A Home Account For Your Console.

S

Sc0ttyLAD

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi, didn't see this until now...

I bought myself an XBOX ONE for Christmas, I recently found out you can game share and share gold...
I also found out you can get games cheaper from different regions, anyway...

My XBOX ONE has my nephew's GT on it set as it's home XBOX, my account is not set as the home XBOX.
My nephew has a 12 month subscription, I was using the 1 month free trial but that ran out yesterday...

Can I (?) USE my nephew's gold with his account set as my home and can he and his dad still play their XBOX?
Someone did try and explain but I got confused.

This whole sharing games, HOME setting on the ONE is pretty much confusing the hell out of me!
Of course, I want to be able to play Online with my nephew's gold but I don't want to give him any restrictions!

The way I am seeing it is; his account is set as my XBOX's home.
His account at his house, is NOT set as home.
His father's account is set as home because they used that to set-it-up. HIS father has Fifa downloaded through his account so when my nephew want's to play it, his father needs to be signed in AS WELL as my nephew. so my nephew can play Fifa in his GT.

If say, his father want's to play online, can he do so without my nephew being signed in? OR does my nephew HAVE to be signed in?

1 more question; CAN I put my GT on their XBOX (it's not set as home on my 1) and set it as home so they can download the games I have purchased????

Sorry if it's not the right place, I'm still pretty much confused.

THANKS!

S

spf62

Reaction score
Sin$
My question about game sharing is, if I buy a game and then purchase the season pass, does the person I'm sharing with also benefit from the season pass?

64G

64G

Meerkat
Hidden Devils
Reaction score
Sin$
My question about game sharing is, if I buy a game and then purchase the season pass, does the person I'm sharing with also benefit from the season pass?
Yes I believe that works.

L

laguna2244

Reaction score
Sin$
im pretty late but I got a question If i have a friend that has my account as home, how can i get it taken off his xbox so he doesn't get my games downloaded if he doesn't take it off? can i get my friend to make my account as home?

I

IwearHelmet4Bed

Getting There
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
If I was to set my account as Xbox Home on my friends account, then that fiend set his account as home on another friends account. Would they also be able to play my games?

Top Bottom
Login
Register