• Thread starter joseole99
  • Start date
  • Views 223,733
SoulOne

SoulOne

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Is there a section for sharing here any where?

JROC4653

JROC4653

Reaction score
Sin$
So here is a somewhat different share question. I have 2 xbox one's( 1. in office 2. theatre room) that currently use 1 xbox live account all games are digital. My question is can I share my games with a friend? or is the single share all ready used by my other xbox one? If i can't share both ways(i get his games/he gets mine) how about just me sharing my games? i don't want to mess up my other console. thanks in advance

64G

64G

Meerkat
Hidden Devils
Reaction score
Sin$
So here is a somewhat different share question. I have 2 xbox one's( 1. in office 2. theatre room) that currently use 1 xbox live account all games are digital. My question is can I share my games with a friend? or is the single share all ready used by my other xbox one? If i can't share both ways(i get his games/he gets mine) how about just me sharing my games? i don't want to mess up my other console. thanks in advance
If you are only playing the games on your account on the other console then you are good to share with your friend. You can have your items downloaded and not have the console set as home if the profile is being played on. ex. I have 2 xbox ones(a,b) I have GTA V digital and want to play. Console A is where my account home is set to. Console B is not set as home. Both consoles have GTA downloaded from my profile. I'm able to play GTA on both consoles through my account, console B cannot have other profiles play my GTA.

JROC4653

JROC4653

Reaction score
Sin$
If you are only playing the games on your account on the other console then you are good to share with your friend. You can have your items downloaded and not have the console set as home if the profile is being played on. ex. I have 2 xbox ones(a,b) I have GTA V digital and want to play. Console A is where my account home is set to. Console B is not set as home. Both consoles have GTA downloaded from my profile. I'm able to play GTA on both consoles through my account, console B cannot have other profiles play my GTA.

Thanks for the quick reply. So if I understand correctly there is noway to share to console "c" (friends console) both way (his games and my games) lol I want to just try it but with only 3 chances i don't want to mess it up

T

Thr0wupthex7

Reaction score
Sin$
So I heard that if you blocked someone you were game sharing with on Xbox live they would lose the game share rights as well is that true?

64G

64G

Meerkat
Hidden Devils
Reaction score
Sin$
So I heard that if you blocked someone you were game sharing with on Xbox live they would lose the game share rights as well is that true?
not that I know of due to the fact that you would be blocking the account of the person instead of the console.

vlspider

vlspider

Reaction score
Sin$
If my Xbox is set to home for me, and Bob (who has his own console) has my xbox set to home (so I can play his games), can Mike (who has his own xbox and games) set my console as his home xbox, so that I may play both Mike's games, as well as Bob's games?

64G

64G

Meerkat
Hidden Devils
Reaction score
Sin$
If my Xbox is set to home for me, and Bob (who has his own console) has my xbox set to home (so I can play his games), can Mike (who has his own xbox and games) set my console as his home xbox, so that I may play both Mike's games, as well as Bob's games?
Your account can only have one home set at a time. You play on your profile so you have access to the games. Bob sets your profile home on his console and he has access to your games but when mike does it bob looses access.

T

tical0325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I want to game share with my son so he sets my account as home on his xbox. I have resident evil 7 digital copy reserved does that just go to his xbox since it's set to home or do we both get the game?

64G

64G

Meerkat
Hidden Devils
Reaction score
Sin$
I want to game share with my son so he sets my account as home on his xbox. I have resident evil 7 digital copy reserved does that just go to his xbox since it's set to home or do we both get the game?
you play on your account so that grants you access. your account home on his console gives him access.

vlspider

vlspider

Reaction score
Sin$
I have my xbox set as home for both me and a friend. Could another gamertag have my xbox set as home? If so, would I be granted access to his games? Would my friend who also has my xbox set as home have access?

vlspider

vlspider

Reaction score
Sin$
Another question:
If I set my friends xbox as home on my account, can he play games that I downloaded for free through the vault (ea access)?

N

nagalazila

Reaction score
Sin$
my friend is trying to game share with my xbox he has done all the steps but he says that i have to be logged in on my account at home in order to play my games how do i fix this

Spooze

Spooze

Xbox Achievement Whore
Retired
Mythical Veteran Fabled Veteran Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
my friend is trying to game share with my xbox he has done all the steps but he says that i have to be logged in on my account at home in order to play my games how do i fix this
So your friend is trying to play your games? He needs to sign into your account on his Xbox, then go and set it as his Home.

Since it's requiring your account to be logged in, he must not have set it as his Home.

K

Kevsby69

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi my brother has got my account set as home on his xbox, now a friend wants mine also if my friend sets my account as his home will my brother lose the use of playing my games?

Top Bottom
Login
Register