Dismiss Notice

Guest,
We are celebrating 14 years since the inception of Se7enSins! Join us in our celebrations!

Tutorial How Sharing Games Works [Explained]

Discussion in 'Xbox One Tutorials' started by joseole99, Jan 19, 2014 with 278 replies and 215,776 views.

1. joseole99

joseole99 Enthusiast

Ratings:

• Like Like x 20
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  2. ForeverxGhosty

ForeverxGhosty Enthusiast

Ratings:
    so can both people play the same game at the same time?

3. OP
    joseole99

joseole99 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Simply put, Yes, you can both play the same game at the same time.

4. tonymarco134

tonymarco134 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    So does it have to be bought from the xboxone store on the console or does it work with discs. Like once you put the disc in and install it, It notices you have that game and you can share it or no just by buying it on the console

5. OP
    joseole99

joseole99 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I just replied in your other post. Yes, it has to be a Digital Game.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SDL

SDL Orla Keogh<3

Ratings:
    Thanks for explaining this thoroughly! Makes more sense now.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Activated

Activated Enthusiast

Ratings:
    What happens if I delete their account on my Xbox one?
    Will I lose the content that I had downloaded off of their account?

• Like Like x 1
  8. OP
    joseole99

joseole99 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Since your Xbox One will still be set as their Home Xbox you should still be able to play all their content. You will only lose it when they change their Xbox Home back to their Xbox One.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Chicago Bears

Chicago Bears Getting There

Ratings:
  10. OP
    joseole99

joseole99 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    The fact that you commented on a different thread at 6:46 and then on this one at, guess what, 6:46 as well as making 5 word comments on 10 other threads following your post here, tells me that you did not even read this, nor did you read any of the others.

Also by trying to increase your post count, you pretty much bumped 9 dying threads and buried this useful one. Congratulations on not contributing anything with any of the past 11 posts you made in less than 9 minutes.

11. CLE

CLE Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Just to clarify, I can let multiple people use my account as their home xbox. So lets say I have Battlefield, and 4 of my friends don't have it. Does that mean that all of those 4 friends could then get my BF? Also, lets say they all get the BF and all my purchases, if I was to set my account as my home xbox, would all four of them lose the content?

12. OP
    joseole99

joseole99 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    It's the other way around, you'd set your Xbox One to their Home Xbox and get their purchases while still letting them play their games, sorry if I didn't explain it well enough. You can only have one Home Xbox so what you are saying is that they can all have your Home Xbox set to theirs, which isn't the case.

13. CLE

CLE Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Yea, it's a bit confusing. Didn't you say, "If one person were to make his Xbox One the Home Xbox for two other people, he can then play his purchases, along with the purchases of the two other people. You can then do this for 3, 4, 5 or more people."

My question was a little confusing, so I'll try to restate it. If I was to have a game downloaded from the marketplace, would i be able to let multiple people get it, and play it at one given time? Or does it only allow you to give it to one person.

14. OP
    joseole99

joseole99 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    It only allows you to share it with one other person. What I meant in my explanation was that one person can have multiple people share it with him. So when I say you can do it with multiple people, I guess a better phrasing is that multiple people can do it with you. It allows for one person to access multiple libraries but not for multiple people to access one library.

I altered original post to better sort out the two methods of 'sharing.' Let me know if it's easier to understand or if I'm still not explaining it well. I'll do my best.

• Like Like x 1
  15. tonymarco134

tonymarco134 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Ok thanks, So is there even any games worth doing it for. You can get most of them on xbox 360 and looks almost as good Besides dead rising 3.

16. OP
    joseole99

joseole99 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I'm doing it with my brother. I find it worth it cause we just split the costs of games since we'll never stop sharing. Maybe its not worth it for you now since there aren't any exclusive games but eventually it'll be worth it, especially if you know someone you'll never stop sharing with.

17. melon2007

melon2007 92% Halo

Ratings:
  18. Games4Bears

Games4Bears Enthusiast

Ratings:
    So um, would anyone want to gameshare :biggrin:

19. Sphase

Sphase ♥ VFX ♥

Ratings:
    Thanks for the explanation, this clears the confusion I had!

20. Sparfire

Sparfire VIP VIP Retired

Ratings:
    Thank you for a very well worded explanation. Appreciated. :smile:

• Like Like x 1