How screwed am I w/ LiteOn Series 7

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by Dirty Dobb, Feb 5, 2010 with 9 replies and 505 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dirty Dobb

Dirty Dobb Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Ok, so this my 1st time attempting to flash a Xbox DVD drive...all was going well till the writing on the LT firmware. I was able to save my key.bin, inquiry.bin, identify.bin, serial.bin, dummy.bin, and the CFW.

Then I made it to the MTK Flasher 32 and hit the LiteOn Erase and got to this stage...
    "After pressing yes and during the sequence of dots shown below, switch drive Power Off then
    On - ONCE.
    Hopefully you will see good Flash Chip Properties and Status 0x72 (2 known SPi Chips for Lite-On’s, Winbond and MXIC) MXIC Shown, drive will appear in Vendor Mode under Drive Properties...I got the Vendor Mode but never got the MXIC shown. It seams I never got into Vendor mode.

But I was unable to write CFW and for some reason I think my drive is bricked(don't know if it's possible) but my drive won't open anymore...so I don't know if I can eject it manually and flash the firmware again. The only problem is it's not showing up on the computer and the Xbox drive...so how do I find it? If anyone can help that would be great.

Oh if I put the drive back in the case and power up the Xbox can I test the drive to see if it will open? Or will M$ be able to see if I turned it on and had a DVD failure? Any case I think the Xbox is out of commission till I get it flashed.

I'll try and get pictures later to post on what I'm talking about!!

2. EclipseModz

EclipseModz Retired Retired

Ratings:
  3. Chaosx721

Chaosx721 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I've actually done this twice to my brother's drive. Best thing to use to fix it is iPrep. If you have any question about it or need more help let me know.

EDIT: Use what EclipseModz posted.

• Like Like x 1
  4. EclipseModz

Ratings:
    The DosFlash method is the best. It works with all 3 lite-on versions.

5. Chaosx721

Chaosx721 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Actually I used DosFlash the 2nd time on the drive, both seem to work well but you probably know better.

6. DannyDifalco

DannyDifalco Enthusiast

Ratings:
    uninstall VIA drivers.
    turn drive off.
    close tray
    open tray half way
    turn drive on
    press erase lite-on follow steps even if the drive doesnt show still attempt to write firmware.
    outro ata
    after you install firmware id recommend erasing and rewriting

7. EclipseModz

Ratings:
    The drive is already locked up. It has to be finsihed in DosFlash or Iprep.

Also I will tell you again. If he already had his drivers installed then you tell them to uninstall the drivers. If he doesn't then you tell them to install them because that will be the cause of it failing.

8. OP
    Dirty Dobb

Dirty Dobb Enthusiast

Ratings:
    How do I know the port #?

9. EclipseModz

Ratings:
    Start>right click on my computer>properties>device manager>storage controllers>right click on your VIA card>click properties>Click resources.

You are going to see numbers.This is just an example.

I/O Range - CF00-CF0F<----- This is port #1. Its port Number is CF00(yours may or may not be different.). It is located at the end of the VIA card and is the one you will use.
    I/O Range - XXXX-XXXX
    I/O Range - XXXX-XXXX
    I/O Range - XXXX-XXXX

10. OP
    Dirty Dobb

Dirty Dobb Enthusiast

Ratings:
    :thumbup:My port ended up being FF00 and I was able to flash it last night with no problems. Thanks for all the help.:thumbup: