What's new

Discussion How RGH detection & banning works?

• Thread starter AngryDonut
  • Start date
  • Views 1,489
A

AngryDonut

Reaction score
I'm new to the whole RGH scene, and would like to know how their detection and banning works. I know modding on public matches will get me banned, but what I am curious about is if I create a custom game in BO2 and invite a friend, can I get banned for that? I have seen it done on multiple occasions, however I have also read that simply connecting to the internet with an RGH'd xbox will get you banned.

Thanks in advance!

Life

Life

Graphics Are Life
Artist Reporter A Milli
Reaction score
I'm new to the whole RGH scene, and would like to know how their detection and banning works. I know modding on public matches will get me banned, but what I am curious about is if I create a custom game in BO2 and invite a friend, can I get banned for that? I have seen it done on multiple occasions, however I have also read that simply connecting to the internet with an RGH'd xbox will get you banned.

Thanks in advance!
Once the modified Console goes online and connects to servers it sends out a signal and it all depends on the length of it before it shows up at Microsoft and then gets banned.

A

AngryDonut

Reaction score
Life Life
So if I play on custom game, eventually I will get banned?

Also, do you know how their detection works? How can they tell if a console is RGH'd?

RiNZLR

RiNZLR

Slaybraham Lincoln
Reaction score
If youre afraid of being banned then you shouldnt mod. or do more research

Nou

Nou

Sarcastic Scotsman #2
Fabled Veteran Bright Idea Frame In Gold
Reaction score
I think they check via certain dashboard features, such as modified Nand image and other things. Looking around I saw someone mention "secdata.bin" probably plays a key-factor among other things.

7S Dynomonkey

7S Dynomonkey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Life Life
So if I play on custom game, eventually I will get banned?

Also, do you know how their detection works? How can they tell if a console is RGH'd?
They can tell if a consoles modded since it has the modded software on it to run home-brew. Even if you were to go online and play cod with no mods without stealth you would be banned. With a stealth server even without using mods you will eventually be banned. Although, you can unbar yourself with a kv you can buy online. I suggest watching a youtuber called XxModdedWarfarexX as he makes a lot of good videos explaining this.

Benjamin Rush

Benjamin Rush

Getting There
Reaction score
Depends on how you get online. To get online you must reverse the HV and spoof it to make it appear as a retail. Then there's the XOSC challanges - not necessary to get online but spoofing these correctly will increase your KV lifespan. Individual games also have challenges (bo2, ghosts, aw) that detect if the console is modified.

Player reports are influential, but using a sh*tty server like XBLSE, you'll get banned through their detection methods before player reports matter.

xXBeefyDjXx

xXBeefyDjXx

Long time Sinner
Administrator
Super Moderators
MotM 10th Anniversary Mr. Nice Guy
Solutions
Reaction score

Thanks in advance!
Basically. The hack to get an xbox to run home brew changes the way the console runs deep down. Because of this, Microsoft uses the hypervisor as a check. Homebred have modified hyperVisors so when they ask it a question, a retail might answer 000001 and a home brew console 010100.

Basically this reports back to xbox live from the split second you sign in. So when you sign in without stealth. The console tells xbox live the wrong answer and you get instabanned regardless of if you go private lobbies.

You must have stealth enabled. Because stealth basically reverses that wrong answer so it is right and looks like the console was never tampered with