• Start date
  • Views 1,784
XeDK

XeDK

XeDK
Experienced Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
So i got a hold of a Opus and this is the only motherboard i have not seen. How rare do you guys say it is?
Opus2_zps2b2b19dc.jpg

Opus3_zpsa729045c.jpg

Opus4_zps1947df4f.jpg

Opus5_zpsa389eba6.jpg

Opus6_zps95f7b066.jpg

Opus1_zps5f9d205d.jpg
ShawnUnderSe7en ShawnUnderSe7en
XboxSurgeon XboxSurgeon
HuskerHeaven HuskerHeaven
Kingkat714 Kingkat714
MJ Joker MJ Joker

XboxSurgeon

XboxSurgeon

XDK Support
Reaction score
Sin$
Well I would say it's rarer than most retail motherboards. But since rarity is subjective to the potential buyer its hard to say a value. Depends on condition and if it functions/rrod history if any, current dashboard for a jtag. I have seen arguments stir up over the rarity of the opus on ASSEMbler whether it's rare or not. Most people these days avoid anything older than a falcon. Most who are looking for a retail to be retail or even those looking to rgh/rjtag look for Jaspers. So when all those are being bought up does that make a Jasper eventually rare? Opus were sent out from the factory direct to the consumer, never sold, always replacing a busted xenon or zephyr. So depending on how many were issued is what defines its rarity. Speaking of retail mobo alone, taking all dev/prototypes out of the equation, i would say it's pretty rare.

XeDK

XeDK

XeDK
Reaction score
Sin$
Well I would say it's rarer than most retail motherboards. But since rarity is subjective to the potential buyer its hard to say a value. Depends on condition and if it functions/rrod history if any, current dashboard for a jtag. I have seen arguments stir up over the rarity of the opus on ASSEMbler whether it's rare or not. Most people these days avoid anything older than a falcon. Most who are looking for a retail to be retail or even those looking to rgh/rjtag look for Jaspers. So when all those are being bought up does that make a Jasper eventually rare? Opus were sent out from the factory direct to the consumer, never sold, always replacing a busted xenon or zephyr. So depending on how many were issued is what defines its rarity. Speaking of retail mobo alone, taking all dev/prototypes out of the equation, i would say it's pretty rare.

Yes i did know just wanted to know how rare, I was planning on RGHing it and keeping it that's all.

HuskerHeaven

HuskerHeaven

when I took his glass of champagne...
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I'd put it up there in the fairly rare, I haven't seen one yet.

Fuzz

Fuzz

☑ rekt    ☐ not rekt
Modder Stickied EotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah it's rare, but it wouldn't make it worth more than a normal console, possibly even less.

MJ Joker

MJ Joker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Quite Rare Havent Seen One In Awhile Eathier What Are You Looking To Do With It?

HuskerHeaven

HuskerHeaven

Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah it's rare, but it wouldn't make it worth more than a normal console, possibly even less.

Thats exactly what rare means. To the right person its worth a pretty penny. Obviously not towards the average joe, but the mona lisa ain't worth **** to me, maybe some toilet paper, but to the more classy individual she is priceless. Rarity is all in the eye of the beholder.

Kingkat714

Kingkat714

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
They are quite a rare. My friend got a Xenon in 2006 at launch, when it RROD'd he bought a new one and a few months later sent his Xenon in and in return got an Opus. I bought it from him for $50, used it as my main, then I sold it in 2008 after I bought my elite. He sent his console in in 2007, and received a Opus with a 2007 manufacturing date. Do you know when yours was produced?

Last edited:
XeDK

XeDK

XeDK
Reaction score
Sin$
They are quite a rare. My got a Xenon in 2006 at launch, when it RROD'd he bought a new one and a few months later sent his Xenon in and in return got an Opus. I bought it from him for $50, used it as my main, then I sold it in 2008 after I bought my elite. He sent his console in in 2007, and received a Opus with a 2007 manufacturing date. Do you know when yours was produced?

No but i will know after i RGH it :tongue:

Fuzz

Fuzz

Modder Stickied EotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Thats exactly what rare means. To the right person its worth a pretty penny. Obviously not towards the average joe, but the mona lisa ain't worth **** to me, maybe some toilet paper, but to the more classy individual she is priceless. Rarity is all in the eye of the beholder.

Lol. So you would rather have an Opus motherboard than the Mona Lisa?
Let me tell you the Opus mobo isn't worth jack sh*t, to anybody. Something can still be rare but worth nothing. Rarity doesn't mean that something will be worth more.

HuskerHeaven

HuskerHeaven

Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Lol. So you would rather have an Opus motherboard than the Mona Lisa?
Let me tell you the Opus mobo isn't worth jack sh*t, to anybody. Something can still be rare but worth nothing. Rarity doesn't mean that something will be worth more.

It depends on who you are, thats what I'm saying. Not that I would rather have one or the other. Neither of them really mean anything to me. Im just saying to the right person, it could definitely be worth some money. That is what rarity is about.

Fuzz

Fuzz

Modder Stickied EotM
Reaction score
Sin$
It depends on who you are, thats what I'm saying. Not that I would rather have one or the other. Neither of them really mean anything to me. Im just saying to the right person, it could definitely be worth some money. That is what rarity is about.

With certain objects that is true, a car for example. However for an Opus motherboard, nobody would pay a lot of money for it.

HuskerHeaven

HuskerHeaven

Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
With certain objects that is true, a car for example. However for an Opus motherboard, nobody would pay a lot of money for it.

You do bring a good point, I wouldn't have paid for a RROD Opus, but like I said, it was worth 20 to him. There's always someone out there who will pay top dollar. Just got to find the guy. That really crazy guy who has every version of every xbox in a glass case just to show what a nerd he is.

Kingkat714

Kingkat714

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
It is unlikely that a collector would buy an Opus that has both been opened (and RGH'd lol) and has had RROD. But I would say that an Opus RGH would be worth as much (if not $10 more) as a Falcon.

XeDK

XeDK

XeDK
Reaction score
Sin$
It is unlikely that a collector would buy an Opus that has both been opened (and RGH'd lol) and has had RROD. But I would say that an Opus RGH would be worth as much (if not $10 more) as a Falcon.
Well have you ever seen a jtag or rgh opus? Like said before someone that would like a rare rgh would pay a lot.

Top Bottom
Login
Register