Dismiss Notice

Guest,
We are celebrating 14 years since the inception of Se7enSins! Join us in our celebrations!

Unsolved How people become nearly invincible using ability cards?

Discussion in 'Red Dead Redemption 2 Support' started by chrisPtune, Oct 8, 2019 with 11 replies and 684 views.

1. chrisPtune

chrisPtune Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I've been noticing a trend lately: half of the enemies I face end up killing me in two shots or less, while it takes me several to the head to kill them. One enemy I faced didn't even take damage when I hit him several times. I don't consider myself the best player ever, but I wouldn't consider myself awful to the point where I should be getting killed so easily and facing such hard enemies.

So I would like to ask, what ability card layouts have you used that can make you hard to kill? Are there any that make you nearly invincible? Is there any tonics you use with ability cards that make you almost invincible? Does upgrading them make them work significantly better?

My current ability card layout is:
    • Slow and steady
    • Fool me once
    • Never without one
    • The unblinking eye
    *all unupgraded

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  2. Gandalf61

Gandalf61 You Shall Not Pass! VIP Retired

Ratings:
    Good question. I have noticed the same thing. Yesterday i was in a showdown and blasted a guy 5 times with a shot gun. Three of them to the head. He turned and killed me with one shot

3. Arcvox

Arcvox Newbie

Ratings:
    There’s definitely a glitch for this out there at the moment..

But yeah OP the closest legitimate way to get godmode is with the ability cards you mentioned. I would probably swap out NWO with Iron Lung however. Then keep chugging tonics + making sure your cores are gold lol, it’s very cheesy but you do become a goliath.

4. DeM0

DeM0 Newbie

Ratings:
    • Slow and steady
    • Fool me once
    • Iron Lung
    • Kick in the butt
    Make sure all your cores and outer bars are gold and you are practically in God Mode

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    chrisPtune

chrisPtune Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Do your cards have to be fully upgraded?

6. Arcvox

Arcvox Newbie

Ratings:
    For sure, it’ll still be good but leveling them up will make it even better and last longer. If you wanna level them up fast do some collector runs as the XP from that goes towards cards too.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Mnx

Mnx mnx

Ratings:
    Godmode is done through joining someone between a mission, and quiting it.

8. OP
    chrisPtune

chrisPtune Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Alright, thanks man I appreciate the info.

9. postmortemdecay

postmortemdecay Enthusiast

Ratings:
    There are "anti-god" mode & god eater set ups to counter whatever tanks you may come across. I don't know the setup off hand.

10. Slug Menace

Slug Menace Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Dynamite arrows should one shot anybody using tonics/ability cards

11. Heathen Inferos

Heathen Inferos Getting There

Ratings:
    No, they shouldn’t. They shouldn’t one-shot anyone - they should leave you with a very, very small amount of health if you had a full white circle to begin with. They’re already bad enough with griefers - we don’t need them making it even worse.

12. Slug Menace

Slug Menace Enthusiast

Ratings:
    They already one shot which is my point in regards to countering the tonics and ability cards lol

• Like Like x 1