how often do i need to check

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by dodge666, Feb 5, 2010 with 6 replies and 444 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dodge666

dodge666 Newbie

Ratings:
    hi all

i have just modded my 1st xbox360 (benq drive omg how easy lol) and was just wondering how often i should use xbins to see if there is a firmware update for the benq drive and i was also wondering if any1 hears about when microsoft are planning to do a ban wave on the modded xbox's or even if it is set times of the year when they do it or do we find out when its to late and we have been banned.

2. TehPhelix

TehPhelix Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Wow, I really hope you didn't just flash your benQ for real. Unless LT was suddenly released for it that I didn't know about you are in trouble. All current firmwares, with the exclusion of LT is currently detectable by MS and a large amount of xboxs have been banned and are still being banned. However, if you don't get banned then that is another story. I suggest you check in the next couple of weeks for a BenQ LT fw to be released and upgrade to that. As for future updates, they really only come out when they need to. Unless a new game wave is created they won't update it so you should know when you need to update.

3. OP
    dodge666

dodge666 Newbie

Ratings:
    thanks for your reply and not to worry i have not put the xbox online yet and was not going to for awhile until i get a dual layer burner and stuff. i will keep checking then and will pm you if i come across a LT.

the firmware i put on was "BenQ_iXtreme-THX_v1.61.rar"

4. chaoschief

chaoschief JTAG Expert

Ratings:
    It doesn't matter, 1.61 is DETECTABLE on xbox live and everything you are doing right now offline is being stored on your nand, and the instant you connect to XBL or have the Ethernet cord in, it will send all of that to Microsoft and your account will be flagged for banning. Also, you don't have to do anything to get flagged. The xbox will run checks on the DVD drive and it will fail them, again flagging you. If you had your xbox on after flashing to 1.61, I would buy a new xbox right now or gut swap.

5. doodlebro

doodlebro Enthusiast

Ratings:

That is a stipulation and has never been confirmed.

You're safe as long as you stay off live till LT comes out.

And don't check xbins... Just check the team jungle twitter.

6. chaoschief

chaoschief JTAG Expert

Ratings:
    Nothing is confirmed. It's not confirmed LT is undetectable as of now.

7. yellowlemon

yellowlemon Enthusiast

Ratings:
    umm am i getting banned if i cant updfate games on my xbox even if i already had them