What's new

Unsolved How much TDP necessary for a CPU cooler for my build (need help asap please!)

• Thread starter Ohh Karim
  • Start date
  • Views 496
O

Ohh Karim

Reaction score
I bought the CryoRig H7 CPU Cooler which is like 140W TDP, however when I put my components on pcpartpicker.com, it says that my build is 211W. So does this mean my CPU cooler won't sustain my PC? Should I be concerned? If so, what should I do?

If you need to know my full build to determine something, here it is:
- CPU: i3-7100
- GPU: GTX 1050Ti 4GB LP
- Ram: Kingston 8GB
- Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B250M-D2V LGA1151 USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
- Power supply: EVGA 650 N1, 650W, Power Supply 100-N1-0650-L1
- Hard drive: Kingston A400 SSD 120GB SATA 3 Solid State Drive SA400S37/120G
- Case: Full tower Z3 (tiger brand)

PC Part Picker list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/XTj26s
CPU Cooler website: https://egypt.souq.com/eg-en/cryorig-h7-cpu-cooler-8315975/i/

Last edited:
T

theroach

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
TDP is not measured like that, technically, kind of hard to explain quickly..... That cooler will easily cool that processor.

O

Ohh Karim

Reaction score
TDP is not measured like that, technically, kind of hard to explain quickly..... That cooler will easily cool that processor.
Ok thanks for letting me know!

J

John 9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a CryoRig H7 cooling an i7-8700k (not over clocked yet) and @ 3.7 GHz I hit 45° on full load so it should definitely cool ur CPU.
Thinking about adding a next fan to it but that's a next story.

O

Ohh Karim

Reaction score
I have a CryoRig H7 cooling an i7-8700k (not over clocked yet) and @ 3.7 GHz I hit 45° on full load so it should definitely cool ur CPU.
Thinking about adding a next fan to it but that's a next story.
Thanks!

P

Prefix_NA

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks for letting me know!
The power consumption of 211w is estimated for your whole build.

The Cryorig H7 can cool a ****ing FX-9590 it has no issues cooling a low power i3. It is actually one of the best coolers for the money that has ever existed.

O

Ohh Karim

Reaction score
The power consumption of 211w is estimated for your whole build.

The Cryorig H7 can cool a ****ing FX-9590 it has no issues cooling a low power i3. It is actually one of the best coolers for the money that has ever existed.
I appreciate the information, thanks a lot!

Top Bottom