What's new

Discussion How much is this setup worth?

• Thread starter TerminatioN
  • Start date
  • Views 3,444
TerminatioN

TerminatioN

Salty Retired
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Scaling the Mountain Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Have a friend trying to sell me a gaming PC setup (used obviously). Need to know how much its worth. What do you guys think?

Here are the specs:

CPU is a AMD 955 black edition quad core. stock 3.2ghz running 3.4ghz.
8 gigs of DDR3 ADATA gaming series ram.
ASUS Radeon 6870 video card.
asus m4a77td motherboard (discontinued)
500GB 7200RPM sata hard drive
320GB old school back up hard drive.
Cooler Master HAF 912 case with a total of 5 120mm fans running on the case.
Cooler master hyper 212 CPU cooler two 120mm fans.
LG DVD burner
Acer 24" 1080P monitor.

Logitech G500 gaming mouse
Logitech G110 mouse
Logitech G35 7.1 surround sound headset with mic.

0sHY.jpg

4xEK7.jpg

So yeah, what do you guys think its worth?

Thanks.

BreakdowN v2

BreakdowN v2

VIP
Retired
End of the Year 2012 End of the Year 2016 End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
$400-$800

It really boils down on to who you can sell it to.

InfectHead

InfectHead

Strip the flesh, salt the wound!
End of the Year 2012 MotM Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
I'd say at most $500 for the PC (not including other hardware). For $800 you can build a brand new system that spanks that.

TerminatioN

TerminatioN

Salty Retired
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Basically guys, I'm asking how much I should offer for this used setup if I want to get a decent system for a decent deal. I know better can be built for ~$800, but I don't think I really need better than this, and I don't really want to spend ~$800...

Mocking Da Bird

Mocking Da Bird

Guys Below Me Suck
Retired
AzzidReign Jr Hardened Veteran Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
I would say $600-$700. Since both the processor and the motherboard are discontinued, I'm sure the warranty and service did as well. Not sure, however. Also, the 6870 isn't that great of a GPU. It's a low level card.

InfectHead

InfectHead

Strip the flesh, salt the wound!
End of the Year 2012 MotM Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
~9 months I believe.

So what about including the monitor and gaming mouse? I'm guessing that adds on at least another $100-$150?

Yeah, the whole system with extras included would be an added $150, so total of $650.

TerminatioN

TerminatioN

Salty Retired
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah, the whole system with extras included would be an added $150, so total of $650.

I would say $600-$700. Since both the processor and the motherboard are discontinued, I'm sure the warranty and service did as well. Not sure, however. Also, the 6870 isn't that great of a GPU. It's a low level card.

Thanks guys.

One more thing... I'm kind of a newb... how feasible is it to upgrade components?

I'm guessing it depends on the component. Like I'm guessing the video card would be fairly easy to upgrade? But if I wanted to upgrade the processor I'd need a new mobo (and that would get expensive) and then some of the other components might not be compatible?

joeykeys268

joeykeys268

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks guys.

One more thing... I'm kind of a newb... how feasible is it to upgrade components?

I'm guessing it depends on the component. Like I'm guessing the video card would be fairly easy to upgrade? But if I wanted to upgrade the processor I'd need a new mobo (and that would get expensive) and then some of the other components might not be compatible?
Depending what socket the mobo is, it might not be expensive to get a new cpu (i didnt look at the parts) but upgrading the gpu to a card like the 7870 can cost about 300 dollars

XsV161

XsV161

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks guys.

I'd agree with the $650 for everything. It's fairly simple to upgrade components. You will be able to upgrade the video card to something more modern easily and the power supply should handle it. I think that says 500w in the pictures. If you wanted to upgrade the processor then it would have to be AMD, obviously, and supported by the mobo. I know nothing about AMD processors, but for example if this PC had an i5, you could upgrade to an i7 easily. You may want to upgrade the PSU before getting more/better parts.

joeykeys268

joeykeys268

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'd agree with the $650 for everything. It's fairly simple to upgrade components. You will be able to upgrade the video card to something more modern easily and the power supply should handle it. I think that says 500w in the pictures. If you wanted to upgrade the processor then it would have to be AMD, obviously, and supported by the mobo. I know nothing about AMD processors, but for example if this PC had an i5, you could upgrade to an i7 easily. You may want to upgrade the PSU before getting more/better parts.
the psu should be like 750w about is you want a high end card

Top Bottom
Login
Register