What's new

Discussion How many Xbox 360's have you gone through?

• Thread starter Adamgm10
  • Start date
  • Views 1,266
xXiTzZiMXx

xXiTzZiMXx

Surpreme
Reaction score
13 of em. Zephyrs and Xenons. Reflowed a Xenon's CPU and is still running. The GPU is a bit rubbish now. Unbanned 2 times lol, glad I retrieved keys as this is the only unbannable retail I have. 
Hit the whip in my 64

Last edited:
xXBeefyDjXx

xXBeefyDjXx

Long time Sinner
Super Moderators
Community Champion
Premium
MotM Experienced Veteran Scaling the Mountain
Reaction score
I was talking with my mother earlier today about all the Xbox 360's she has bought for my brother and I when we were kids. I have gone through 8 retail Xbox 360 consoles because they broke so damn easy.

April 20th 2006: Remember this day well, I got my first Xbox 360, was a Xenon had fun for a year and it broke. RROD

Fall 2007: Made my father buy me a Xbox 360 for just for Halo 3. Had to do a crap ton of chores. I believe it was a Zephyr but it broke about 6 months later. RROD

Summer 2008: Got another Xenon, RROD almost a year later.

Summer 2009: Got an Opus broke really fast by RROD. Missed out on the Reach Beta, luckily I got to play a match at least of invasion from my brother's friend's Xbox.

Winter 2009: Got an Opus again and it broke fast too, probably had it a few months, broke from RROD, personally I think Opus's break so much faster than Xenon's do.

Summer 2010: Got a Falcon from a friend for 100 dollars with Halo 3, CoD 4, and WaW that barely used it and it RROD'd a year later.

Fall 2011: I got a Jasper that hasn't broke yet, I sold it on eBay a few months ago. HDMI port broke in 2012 though which pissed me off.

Winter 2013: My mother just one day came home with a Xbox 360 slim for no reason and said, "here you go", it was a corona that came with Skyrim and Forza 4, also came with a year of live and a free month of hulu plus. that's the one I use right now damn thing looks and works just like it did day one, I put a 500gb HDD in it last month. Love this console and I actually use it way more than my Xbox One.

Modified Xbox 360's

Winter 2012: Made a JTAG from a Xenon I bought on eBay, I got three months of fun from it at least.

Fall: 2013: Made another JTAG from a Xenon a neighbor gave me, Got 2 weeks out of it.

Spring 2014: Bought what I call a "haunted" Zephyr from a local pawn shop, worked fine, then I JTAG'd it and got like 2 hours and it started doing weird stuff. Would power on and off by it's self, then every time I booted it up it would give me a different error code every time. Said f*ck this thing and brought it to my shed and beat it with a hammer.

Summer 2014: I was sick of modding my own consoles so I bought my RGH Trinity from HuskerHeaven for pretty cheap. Love that thing.
Got an xbox back in 2009 white arcade can't remember model. Never RROD just drive stuck, swapped it for a Jasper elite 3 years later....
Then i also got a lt1.5 white one unknown motherboard. updated and sold that.
Went and got a Slim trinity RGH2.0 from someone i met on here in real life, and never had a single problem with that. Sold the jasper still working, and then got another slim trinity rgh2.0.

I decided to un rgh the second trinity and failed to flash the nand and ended up trashing it. (Oops)

Then i got a jailbroken ps3. ended up not using the xbox after being banned after 6 years of gold. and getting pissed off at the fact i got banned for petty things. i sold the rgh trinity i had left and that was that.

T

ToxicJuggalo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1 since the USA release date but have accumulated more over the past years for parts or repair for resale

2liftheavy

2liftheavy

Getting There
Reaction score
How different are the temps you would say when you changed the thermal compound to artic silver?

Any thermal compound will work really. There really is no significant difference with AS that i have seen

Mad Monkaay

Mad Monkaay

Hoster||Youtuber||Xbox/Ps Support
Legendary Veteran Mr. Nice Guy Free Hoster
Reaction score
I hade four

Phat Opened it up to hot swap got thrown out because someone thought it was broken

Xbox Slim 250Gb Used for going on holiday Left it with famo there probs broke by now

Xbox slim 250Gb still have but banned

sold xbox 360 250 gb for £40 ik ik wanted it to go quick

and current is falcon jtag blue led

SmartPhone

SmartPhone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had 2 Jasper RGH's.

S

Sammy1032

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1 xenon dev rrod, 2 zephyr dev rrod, 3 working dev kits

BrianSlays

BrianSlays

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've gone through roughly 3!

One stolen by my mom's ex, he's a ****.
The other two overheated and got RROD.

Garretts228

Garretts228

Enthusiast
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
If I tried stating how many I have had, it would be the biggest lie on se7ensins. I've owned Xbox's ranging from Retail kits of all variations. Several Dev kits my first... Xenon, and my last was a prototype Jasper used for stress testing. One beta kit. Launch team edition Xbox 360. I use to buy, sell, an repair the ****ers. At one point I had every special edition fat xbox 360 sitting in my room just to have it. MW2, Halo 3, even had my hands on the simpsons movie edition that they only made 100 of at one point.
My first ever Xbox 360 though. It was a Xenon bought on release date. It failed. Microsoft swapped the board with another xenon with the v2 GPU heatsink, and with glue around the CPU and GPU. My buddy uses it, but it runs to this day. Of course the CPU and GPU was reballed :wink:

In the end, I was an Xbox 360 whore. I just wanted them all.

Shoe

Shoe

♛COTM July 2016♛
Premium
CotM FotM Stickied
Reaction score
been through about 5 xbox's and 1 xbox one

fathom7411

fathom7411

Hardened Veteran Frame In Gold Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
My gf and I both have launch xenon consoles. I sent it up to my sisters a few years back to game on. There was one rrod issue with it about 4 years ago but that was fixed.
My gf's launch console works perfectly and still has the original seals.
To replace my launch console, I bought a elite falcon a few years back. No issues ever. Added a fan to it last year since it was starting to get old.

N

noi

Reaction score
oh god.. I have had so many consoles it's not funny. Guess I'll just list personal xbox 360's I kept more then a month. Listing my first up until the current. There is a very long story to why I had so many and none have ever had any major issues though the first one did get sold because I didn't know how to repair them at the time, and from 2012 - 2015 I didn't play the 360 much due to getting banned every second day because my console got flagged for USB modding on my retails. Though changing that console and not messaging people solved that issue but by then I lost interest and focused on PlayStation modding and trophy hunting out of school though I did learn alot from all the ban's and manage to never get a ps3 ban past one in 2014 and never got an account ban on a console since. Mean stealth servers by 2017 where good enough to play on normally and not worry about ban's. All my Xenon and More recent RGH Consoles after my first one are still unbanned KV's though the Xenon JTAG did sadly RROD, which kinda sucked as it was my favorite but I made bright idea of playing during a 47 degree heat wave with no AC. Lets say the solder didn't last 25 minutes, once the console cooled it was dead which is my own fault as I knew the risk going in. Was kinda hoping a fan on top, 90% fan speed and the case off would be enough. Lesson, don't play a Xenon when the house is so hot everything in it is warm to a touch, if anyone has ever been in a spray booth when temp is set to 40 - 46 or cooling down from a bake cycle and all the panels are heated up, that was what everything in house felt like.
Though in all fairness even a slim would have been at risk at those temps, at the time I couldn't help myself and had been holding back from playing anything for almost a week but heat wave lasted about that long.

2009 - Falcon - 60GB Retail |disc drive stopped working and sold|
2010 - Jasper - JTAG |bought this one from someone|
2012 - Corona v1 - retail
2012 - Corona v3 - retail
2013 - Falcon - 60GB Retail
2015 - 512MB Jasper - RGH 1.2 with Rev C (my first RGH install)
2016 - Xenon - Retail
2016 - NTSC Xenon - JTAG (my first JTAG install)
2016 - Trinity - RGH 2 with ace v3
2016 - Xenon - RGH 1.2 with ace v3 (Thank you Metal Metal , never would have got that to boot without him)
2017 - NTSC-J Jasper - RGH 1.2 with Rev C
2017 - Trinity - RGH2 with ace v3
2017 - Falcon - 20GB retail
2018 - Corona v4 - RGH 2 with Ace v3
2021 - White Corona V2 - Retail
2021 - NTSC-J Corona v2 - Retail
2021 - NTSC-J Halo 4 Corona - Retail for now - play to dual nand once I open.
2021 - NTSC-J Corona v4 - RGH 2 with X360Run Glitcher

I got the last console apart of a massive console lot which had 3 RGH console included since retails can't sell them, that last one is on a 2012 dash and is a unbanned KV, not sure if install is that old but install was good on this and boot times are inconsistent but overall the system runs good and who ever did install did disable the MU which is good, though wires are really faded in colour so install might be from 2013 which console is dated to but I am not sure since I don't know when the X360Run Glitcher come out. Though it is also possible that console just was never updated.

As for the other two, one was extremely bad install that I thought was a no display issue until I pulled the console apart, honestly it was disgusting. The system had something highly corrosive spilled all through the fan and near the CPU, cockroaches had been all through it and died in it, the solder joints on the matrix glitcher where all dry cold joints and the wires where extremely long, was almost like someone was trying to see what the most extreme circumstances a console could still boot, the console would attempt to boot more then 30 times and take over 2 -3 minutes to boot, picking the glitcher up and moving it to AV port reduced the boots to 25 - 60 seconds and reinstalling the wires made it insta boot, but the corrosion is so bad I think the board isn't worth saving so I have turned it into a test repair board and kept the chip.

As for the other RGH, it is a Corona v2 that for some reason has a post fix, maybe to improve boot times though original wire length was too long causing 20 - 45 second boot times with average of 6 attempts with odd insta boot, I have never seen this glitch chip before but it was marked CR4 Slim and looked like a knock off, had a set of 6 switches like some of the old TX chips and had 5 wire spots using CR4 points, but thing on the chip says CR3... so beats me what the chip is suppose to be but I changed the all the oversized wires with some old wires I had laying around and shortened the length and change position of the chip to reduce interference which increase the consistency of the boots, on average it boots in 3 - 4 which isn't the best but its only about 10 - 15 seconds at most and sometimes insta boots so it's alot better then it was, pretty sure the timing is off but I don't know what switches should be set to plus I think I could do a little better with wire gauge to further improve on the boot times, but it isn't to bad, but I am getting annoyed with the vibration of the fan so I will likely pull it apart again anyways, anyone have any idea what that chip is and how to get better boot times with it on corona, or is that best it's probably gonna get with the chip it come with? Honestly tempted to swap it with a matrix and try octal450 RGH 1.2 install on it.
But if I can save money and use the old chip before selling that would be ideal. Though I honestly can't comfortably sell it for a good price as is as it is not to my standard.

Apologies if this is to much or I didn't make sense in parts, I often mistype and end up with a jumbled mess accidently dragging and deleting bits not realizing it when I miss a key on my laptop, doesn't help my grammar isn't very good.

Last edited:
HektorLektor

HektorLektor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you guys break/destroy your Xbox's so easily. Ive had mine for 5 years and it's never had a problem. Ive had the Xbox One for almost 2 years and no problem with that either, take care of your stuff boys haha :smile:
Haha for real, reading this title I thought it was something else but everyone seems to be going through multiple xboxs haha

Had mine for 5 years and no signs of stopping
Post automatically merged:

oh god.. I have had so many consoles it's not funny. Guess I'll just list personal xbox 360's I kept more then a month. Listing my first up until the current. There is a very long story to why I had so many and none have ever had any major issues though the first one did get sold because I didn't know how to repair them at the time, and from 2012 - 2015 I didn't play the 360 much due to getting banned every second day because my console got flagged for USB modding on my retails. Though changing that console and not messaging people solved that issue but by then I lost interest and focused on PlayStation modding and trophy hunting out of school though I did learn alot from all the ban's and manage to never get a ps3 ban past one in 2014 and never got an account ban on a console since. Mean stealth servers by 2017 where good enough to play on normally and not worry about ban's. All my Xenon and More recent RGH Consoles after my first one are still unbanned KV's though the Xenon JTAG did sadly RROD, which kinda sucked as it was my favorite but I made bright idea of playing during a 47 degree heat wave with no AC. Lets say the solder didn't last 25 minutes, once the console cooled it was dead which is my own fault as I knew the risk going in. Was kinda hoping a fan on top, 90% fan speed and the case off would be enough. Lesson, don't play a Xenon when the house is so hot everything in it is warm to a touch, if anyone has ever been in a spray booth when temp is set to 40 - 46 or cooling down from a bake cycle and all the panels are heated up, that was what everything in house felt like.
Though in all fairness even a slim would have been at risk at those temps, at the time I couldn't help myself and had been holding back from playing anything for almost a week but heat wave lasted about that long.

2009 - Falcon - 60GB Retail |disc drive stopped working and sold|
2010 - Jasper - JTAG |bought this one from someone|
2012 - Corona v1 - retail
2012 - Corona v3 - retail
2013 - Falcon - 60GB Retail
2015 - 512MB Jasper - RGH 1.2 with Rev C (my first RGH install)
2016 - Xenon - Retail
2016 - NTSC Xenon - JTAG (my first JTAG install)
2016 - Trinity - RGH 2 with ace v3
2016 - Xenon - RGH 1.2 with ace v3 (Thank you Metal Metal , never would have got that to boot without him)
2017 - NTSC-J Jasper - RGH 1.2 with Rev C
2017 - Trinity - RGH2 with ace v3
2017 - Falcon - 20GB retail
2018 - Corona v4 - RGH 2 with Ace v3
2021 - White Corona V2 - Retail
2021 - NTSC-J Corona v2 - Retail
2021 - NTSC-J Halo 4 Corona - Retail for now - play to dual nand once I open.
2021 - NTSC-J Corona v4 - RGH 2 with X360Run Glitcher

I got the last console apart of a massive console lot which had 3 RGH console included since retails can't sell them, that last one is on a 2012 dash and is a unbanned KV, not sure if install is that old but install was good on this and boot times are inconsistent but overall the system runs good and who ever did install did disable the MU which is good, though wires are really faded in colour so install might be from 2013 which console is dated to but I am not sure since I don't know when the X360Run Glitcher come out. Though it is also possible that console just was never updated.

As for the other two, one was extremely bad install that I thought was a no display issue until I pulled the console apart, honestly it was disgusting. The system had something highly corrosive spilled all through the fan and near the CPU, cockroaches had been all through it and died in it, the solder joints on the matrix glitcher where all dry cold joints and the wires where extremely long, was almost like someone was trying to see what the most extreme circumstances a console could still boot, the console would attempt to boot more then 30 times and take over 2 -3 minutes to boot, picking the glitcher up and moving it to AV port reduced the boots to 25 - 60 seconds and reinstalling the wires made it insta boot, but the corrosion is so bad I think the board isn't worth saving so I have turned it into a test repair board and kept the chip.

As for the other RGH, it is a Corona v2 that for some reason has a post fix, maybe to improve boot times though original wire length was too long causing 20 - 45 second boot times with average of 6 attempts with odd insta boot, I have never seen this glitch chip before but it was marked CR4 Slim and looked like a knock off, had a set of 6 switches like some of the old TX chips and had 5 wire spots using CR4 points, but thing on the chip says CR3... so beats me what the chip is suppose to be but I changed the all the oversized wires with some old wires I had laying around and shortened the length and change position of the chip to reduce interference which increase the consistency of the boots, on average it boots in 3 - 4 which isn't the best but its only about 10 - 15 seconds at most and sometimes insta boots so it's alot better then it was, pretty sure the timing is off but I don't know what switches should be set to plus I think I could do a little better with wire gauge to further improve on the boot times, but it isn't to bad, but I am getting annoyed with the vibration of the fan so I will likely pull it apart again anyways, anyone have any idea what that chip is and how to get better boot times with it on corona, or is that best it's probably gonna get with the chip it come with? Honestly tempted to swap it with a matrix and try octal450 RGH 1.2 install on it.
But if I can save money and use the old chip before selling that would be ideal. Though I honestly can't comfortably sell it for a good price as is as it is not to my standard.

Apologies if this is to much or I didn't make sense in parts, I often mistype and end up with a jumbled mess accidently dragging and deleting bits not realizing it when I miss a key on my laptop, doesn't help my grammar isn't very good.
Jesus haha

Hats off for that post, thats so many consoles I'm getting jelly here xD

Props to you!

Skrubsy

Skrubsy

Old Guy
Super Moderators
VIP
Mythical Veteran Scaling the Mountain AzzidReign Jr
Reaction score
I have gone through my fair share of Xbox 360’s, but no where near as many as N noi .

Xenon JTAG that died to RROD
Falcon JTAG that is somewhere missing in my house.
Trinity RGH that has been an absolute nightmare, Lucky Lucky
Trinity RGH that was mean to Lucky Lucky

Lucky

Lucky

Super Moderators
Community Champion
Premium
Scaling the Mountain Beginning of An Odyssey Bright Idea
Reaction score
I don't even remember my first console... It might have been a jasper that died in just a few months.
However,

I have what I assume to be a trinity (#1) with a 4gb internal was the first console I bought for myself after the first console died. (couldnt tell you when purchased).. hotswapped it and all back in the [email protected] days!

My favorite... trinity (#2) RGH. (2013?)

Recently I've started modding consoles as a hobby...
All these bought recently.
Falcon (#3) - rgh1.2 but stubborn, possibly bad mobo.
Falcon (#4) - my new go-to console, rgh1.2
Falcon (#5) - going to a friend, rgh1.2
Corona 16mb (1) - sitting at my gf's house (does this count as mine?)
Trinity (#6) - sitting on a shelf awaiting a new case, however this is most likely getting sold soon.
Jasper (#7) - rip to this one. This is the only one that's actually like dead dead, which is no longer mine. I gave it to a friend for parts/repair.
Xenon (#8) - jtagged
Xenon (#9) - midway through rgh1.2 on it. waiting on some wire.
Falcon (#10) - this is supposed to be jtaggable, delivering on Monday :smile:

These are all the consoles I currently own myself. My retail trinity (which may have been a corona?) is my longest surviving console.

--------------------------

I have gone through my fair share of Xbox 360’s, but no where near as many as N noi .

Xenon JTAG that died to RROD
Falcon JTAG that is somewhere missing in my house.
Trinity RGH that has been an absolute nightmare, Lucky Lucky
Trinity RGH that was mean to Lucky Lucky
Your first trinity listed, that poor nand on it... that thing crushed your hopes and dreams for what, 3 days in a row?
Also, that second trinity... crushed my hopes and dreams for another 3 days in a row:roflmao:, however, it is now the quickest glitching console I've done :smile:

Skrubsy

Skrubsy

Old Guy
Super Moderators
VIP
Mythical Veteran Scaling the Mountain AzzidReign Jr
Reaction score
I don't even remember my first console... It might have been a jasper that died in just a few months.
However,

I have what I assume to be a trinity (#1) with a 4gb internal was the first console I bought for myself after the first console died. (couldnt tell you when purchased).. hotswapped it and all back in the [email protected] days!

My favorite... trinity (#2) RGH. (2013?)

Recently I've started modding consoles as a hobby...
All these bought recently.
Falcon (#3) - rgh1.2 but stubborn, possibly bad mobo.
Falcon (#4) - my new go-to console, rgh1.2
Falcon (#5) - going to a friend, rgh1.2
Corona 16mb (1) - sitting at my gf's house (does this count as mine?)
Trinity (#6) - sitting on a shelf awaiting a new case, however this is most likely getting sold soon.
Jasper (#7) - rip to this one. This is the only one that's actually like dead dead, which is no longer mine. I gave it to a friend for parts/repair.
Xenon (#8) - jtagged
Xenon (#9) - midway through rgh1.2 on it. waiting on some wire.
Falcon (#10) - this is supposed to be jtaggable, delivering on Monday :smile:

These are all the consoles I currently own myself. My retail trinity (which may have been a corona?) is my longest surviving console.

--------------------------

Your first trinity listed, that poor nand on it... that thing crushed your hopes and dreams for what, 3 days in a row?
Also, that second trinity... crushed my hopes and dreams for another 3 days in a row:roflmao:, however, it is now the quickest glitching console I've done :smile:
I think my consoles are cursed? I should just custom engrave the case "cursed" with purple leds. lol

Lucky

Lucky

Super Moderators
Community Champion
Premium
Scaling the Mountain Beginning of An Odyssey Bright Idea
Reaction score
I think my consoles are cursed? I should just custom engrave the case "cursed" with purple leds. lol
I wish I had an engraving machine/CNC machine to do case mods like that.you are the cursed console man!

Top Bottom