• Start date
  • Views 506
Spendy

Spendy

Mr. Spendy
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello se7ensins,

I am going to get a hetzner dedicated server today =D and was wondering how many players I could hold on it with about 20 plugins on?? Here are the specs:

----------
I7-920 quad core
24 GB DDR3 RAM
2 x 750 GB SATA 3 Gb/s HDD(Software-RAID1)
100mbps

So yeah =P. I am also looking for plugins for the server it's a town/faction/PvP server so if anyone has any recommendations even the basic plugins, thanks =).

- Spendy

CarlosArias604

CarlosArias604

Reaction score
Sin$
Bit of a over kill, That could run 3 servers with 50+ plugins easily. For one server it could have 1-1000 plugins, Depends on the plugin. With 200+ players easily without lag.
So I would suggest getting a smaller server with 8gb maybe 16gb at most. With 8gb or 16gb you could get 50-100 players with 1-100 plugins?

-C

Upvote 0
XenShadow

XenShadow

Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah that is a TON of overkill with just running a minecraft server. It does depend on other things too like world size and things but that should be able to handle anything you throw at it. I would rather use that to run a Battlefield 3 server! That's just me.

Upvote 0
CarlosArias604

CarlosArias604

Reaction score
Sin$
How much does that cost O_O also i agree with the people above.
Actually Hetzner isn't that bad, It's under a hundred dollars a month. The only extra cost is when you first get the server the set up fee is between one to two hundred dollars.
So for what he wants to do it is a overkill... If that was me I would run 3 servers at once....

-C

Upvote 0
M

Malo

- Premium Member -
Reaction score
Sin$
Actually Hetzner isn't that bad, It's under a hundred dollars a month. The only extra cost is when you first get the server the set up fee is between one to two hundred dollars.
So for what he wants to do it is a overkill... If that was me I would run 3 servers at once....

-C
same lol unless he already has a really popular server that has like 150 people playing on it already, the current server im mod on has 125 slots and its always full, it can get laggy sometime, and its at 16 gigs but were doubling the ram :smile:

Upvote 0
M

Malo

- Premium Member -
Reaction score
Sin$
That's weird...? Does the server have and mods installed or resource heavy plugins? Because 16gb should be able to handle 150 players easily even with plugins.

-C
idk, the owner is saying he has had it at 150 but it started to lag, when we get the upgrade were going to have something like 200-300 slots with 32 gigs of ram, for plugins we have no intensive plugins,and we have about 15-20 including a spleef plugin and soon to be hunger games plugin, in spleef currently, there can be up to 80 people in a spleef game, there is 3 worlds, spawn/spleef world, creative with myplot, and survival.

Upvote 0
CarlosArias604

CarlosArias604

Reaction score
Sin$
-Shrunken Like A Boss-
Oh Multi-Worlds would be your problem, As it uses quite a bit of ram. Even then I am surprised it lags, Is it constantly full? If so Multi-Worlds and a full server with 30 or more plugins could be the cause. There are easier/cheaper ways to improve speed though.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register