What's new

Discussion How many people actually played MMOs and complain about grinding?

Echo

Echo

7S
Retired
Legendary Veteran TotM Services
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm going to go ahead and share with you my one real issue with the loot. I know Justin does not agree with me, and I am not saying the system is broken. But, playing for days upon days just to get a legendary engram that turns into a rare or uncommon can be extremely frustrating.

I for one, enjoyed the loot dropping in Diablo III. D3 was messed up because people could trade and drop items. Since you cannot do that in Destiny, I think having a loot system like Diablo III would be ideal, only for strike missions however. I have no issue with the loot being random in the crucible, as that gives everyone a random chance at getting stuff. However, for doing strikes and especially the raid, I think should be a little bit more rewarding. Like, getting something from a boss drop, or the random loot generator to be some what more rewarding. I know a couple of people who got screwed doing the raid and honestly, that would just make me not want to do the raid ever again. I know some people who have been grinding it out day in and day out, just to get a legendary engram that turns into materials, or an uncommon and it can be very demotivating to keep dumping hours and days into a game to come up empty handed.

I know Destiny is trying something new with the loot, as you can buy certain things from the masters when you have reached a certain rank and I am all for that. But, for me personally, I have no interest in really doing strikes and raids just to come out empty handed. I might as well stick it out in crucible and get all my gear that way.
I tried sticking to Crucible, but it's boring as **** when you're playing by yourself. On top of that, if you have no bounties to complete, there's really no point in playing it at all IMO because all I do is grind for rep for my factions. When I farm, I simply throw my earbuds in and ignore everybody for 3+ hours. I ended up getting four legendaries and one exotic from one spot, so that's why I continue to farm when I get the chance. I do agree with what certain people said above me, however. The gear really has no purpose other than to level you up to thirty and that's it.

BreakdowN v2

BreakdowN v2

VIP
Retired
End of the Year 2012 End of the Year 2016 End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
I somewhat agree with you on this only because in Diablo 3, I was getting too much loot. Meaning I was getting rid of more gear than actually upgrading my character. I don't know if it's changed in Reaper of Souls, but before that was the case. I personally feel they should add an extra stat which is a percentage to finding engrams in which Diablo 2 pulled off so successfully. If you get a piece of gear that has this stat which will say "add x percentage towards engram finding" and that percentage would be small. The reason why it would be small because it will help boost your need to GRIND and grind to find this better gear with this statistical view and will help you boost to find engrams instead of it just being random. I hate the RNG in this game which is a reason for myself to not grind AT ALL.

I don't know. I'm just thinking here.
Yeah, D2 had it down very well. I just want loot after killing big bosses. Not a random generator at the end.
I tried sticking to Crucible, but it's boring as **** when you're playing by yourself. On top of that, if you have no bounties to complete, there's really no point in playing it at all IMO because all I do is grind for rep for my factions. When I farm, I simply throw my earbuds in and ignore everybody for 3+ hours. I ended up getting four legendaries and one exotic from one spot, so that's why I continue to farm when I get the chance. I do agree with what certain people said above me, however. The gear really has no purpose other than to level you up to thirty and that's it.
I farm as well, but it should not have to be that way all the time. You should be rewarded for hard work, not just everything being so random.

z BeAsTLy

z BeAsTLy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You should be guaranteed strange coins in the raids. Idk if you are though, I haven't played it.

It just sounds like a good reward to me.

Keysnsamples

Keysnsamples

Stuff n Thangs
Retired
Fabled Veteran Greeter Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$

I enjoy the grind honestly. Brings back memories of EQ back in the day.

Everyone complaining about not being max level/geared has either never played an MMO or just wants their games to spoon feed them.

Honestly though, it's still super easy to gear up. Exspecially with this Queen's bounty event.

Priority

Priority

SE7ENSINS
Legendary Veteran Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
the difficulty and chances to do different things are way different I think when it comes to a PC MMO, for being a introduction to the console world it is an awesome idea and it will cut out the average gamer from those who want to grind

Mega Xis

Mega Xis

Wᴇʀᴇᴡᴏʟғ
Reaction score
Sin$
I have no reason to complain.

RNGesus gives me what I want, no matter the game :tongue:

Top Bottom
Login
Register