What's new

Discussion How many of y'all love to fly helicopters?

• Thread starter Rotorist
  • Start date
  • Views 2,683
Rotorist

Rotorist

Reaction score
Sin$
I love to fly helicopters in games. especially ones with somewhat realistic physics but not too hardcore. I think battlefield's interpretation of helicopter combat is pretty fitting for my taste. it's still a little too realistic though and doesn't promote air to air combat. are there any other helicopter lovers here:smile:

Ryan

Ryan

Retired
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Santa's Helper Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
As much as I like flying Helicopters on Battlefield I have to say I am awful at it, I've never got fully to grips with the mechanics behind flying and not just on Battlefield, other games too. It doesn't stop me though, I still find it fun, although if there'a weapon attached you'll usually find me in the gunners seat!

RexxiTu8

RexxiTu8

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
I do like flying them but I'm not very good at it. I'm still getting the hang of flying them. Although when I go up it's like I a pro when I start to make a move forward that's when everyone dives out of the helicopter! Witch I do not blame them! I go all over the place and goes side ways. Maybe one day I'll be a pro :wink:

Rotorist

Rotorist

Reaction score
Sin$
As much as I like flying Helicopters on Battlefield I have to say I am awful at it, I've never got fully to grips with the mechanics behind flying and not just on Battlefield, other games too. It doesn't stop me though, I still find it fun, although if there'a weapon attached you'll usually find me in the gunners seat!
Yea helicopters can be a beast :smile: I think the biggest challenge of helicopter in BF is:
1. the helicopter drifts a lot so hard to maintain a hover (but that's just how helicopters are in real life)
2. when you try to turn and maneuver, it's very easy to overdo and lose posture, and then you crash or fly outside battlezone

Ryan

Ryan

Retired
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Santa's Helper Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
Yea helicopters can be a beast :smile: I think the biggest challenge of helicopter in BF is:
1. the helicopter drifts a lot so hard to maintain a hover (but that's just how helicopters are in real life)
2. when you try to turn and maneuver, it's very easy to overdo and lose posture, and then you crash or fly outside battlezone

Indeed, I entirely agree. It makes it a challenge though doesn't it? To keep it under control anyway, especially in maps where there is tall buildings all around. When I'm in spectator mode and I watch others, I'm sometimes amazed how good they are at flying them.

Tang0

Tang0

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I love the helis, it rewards you for being skilled once you get the hang of it!

Rotorist

Rotorist

Reaction score
Sin$
I love the helis, it rewards you for being skilled once you get the hang of it!
This sums it all up :smile: Helicopters are hard to fly so gives you more thrill when you do fly well and land some good hits

Goat Eyes

Goat Eyes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I loved flying the helicopters in BF3, I found it really easy and I'd get my gunner a hell of a lot of kills each match I was in one, I might even go as far to say I was pretty damn good at it! Was never good at using the rocket pods and getting kills as a pilot though.

I didn't pick up BF4 until a couple of months before Hardline came out so I was out of practice.. I got in a chopper for the first time and just could not fly the thing. Straight into the ground unfortunately killing the poor soul who spawned on me :sorry:. I've not dared pilot one since. I miss it.

Rotorist

Rotorist

Reaction score
Sin$
I loved flying the helicopters in BF3, I found it really easy and I'd get my gunner a hell of a lot of kills each match I was in one, I might even go as far to say I was pretty damn good at it! Was never good at using the rocket pods and getting kills as a pilot though.

I didn't pick up BF4 until a couple of months before Hardline came out so I was out of practice.. I got in a chopper for the first time and just could not fly the thing. Straight into the ground unfortunately killing the poor soul who spawned on me :sorry:. I've not dared pilot one since. I miss it.

perhaps you too would enjoy my bf wannabe helicopter game lol

Tang0

Tang0

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

Why don't you try the test range?

Pyroman

Pyroman

No
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I only fly helicopter lol, from just piloting the blackhawks in BF:BC2 and letting 2 side gunners rip enemy's apart, to being a sole pilot of an Apache and tearing enemy tanks a new-one. That's pretty much the only thing things I have fully upgraded in BF4(scout and attack), I haven't really play BF:H much. so i wouldn't know what the helicopters were like in that.

VJJ

VJJ

Thanks for everything <3
End of the Year 2015 Stickied A Milli
Reaction score
Sin$
I love to fly helicopters in games. especially ones with somewhat realistic physics but not too hardcore. I think battlefield's interpretation of helicopter combat is pretty fitting for my taste. it's still a little too realistic though and doesn't promote air to air combat. are there any other helicopter lovers here:smile:
I am good at it, and it is fun. But there are better pilots out there that deserve the seat more than I do, I would just let my friend IGLOOICE9 take the handle while Chrisdabeer and I sat on the sides as Engineers.

Tang0

Tang0

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I only fly helicopter lol, from just piloting the blackhawks in BF:BC2 and letting 2 side gunners rip enemy's apart, to being a sole pilot of an Apache and tearing enemy tanks a new-one. That's pretty much the only thing things I have fully upgraded in BF4(scout and attack), I haven't really play BF:H much. so i wouldn't know what the helicopters were like in that.
That's exactly like me, but I gun as well if a friend wants to pilot.

SurF

SurF

Seasoned Member
Fabled Veteran Hardened Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I love flying. I was horrendous once bf4 came out, but caught on. I'm somewhat decent now and will hopefully continue to improve

Brad the Creator

Brad the Creator

Cray Cray
Reaction score
Sin$
I'd love to be able to fly them but the thing is, I absolutely suck at it and 9/10 times I crash them.

Top Bottom
Login
Register