What's new

Discussion How long will you play legit??

• Thread starter Gandalf61
  • Start date
  • Views 13,878
Marc the Robot

Marc the Robot

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I hear ya dude. I mostly run around hunting and then going to the butcher to sell stuff, then hunt some more. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot to do in this game yet. I know you can do showdowns but those are not really that fun.

I think, if the point of the game is to drink it like you would a slow whiskey, then it succeeds on every level but for the moment, I don't see the point of glitching or earning XP or Gold 'illegitimately' because once I have all of that, there'd be nothing to do with it. I'm not going to glitch to unlock ability cards so I can use all my godlike Dead Eye powers to shoot a trout, as graceful as I may be in doing it.

Frank

Frank

se7en *clap* sins *clap* review
Retired
Sweet Sixteen! Pumpking Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
I have been playing the game legit. I work a lot so can't get on a lot each day but all I do when I log on is mess around with my wife or go hunting with her. I'm currently level 16 with 1,000 dollars and 32 gold. Haven't bought any new horses but I have bought the Bolt Rifle, Bow, Fishing Rod and some other stuff I can't think on top of my head.

Thoughts on the gold bar situation, well... I might just end up buying a modded account just like GTA5. Prices will only get even more ridiculous and at this rate of making money, its going to get harder getting stuff due to the amount of grind you already have to do but only time will tell.
Depending on your console I presume Xbox one won't get modded accounts for RDR2 for quite awhile anyway... And PS4 I hold more hope for getting modded.
So I am wondering how many people, if any, will actually play this game legit. In other words truly grind out without using an AFK method or glitch to max out and/or get enough gold bars to buy the Black Arabian. (70)

I earned 5 gold bars playing showdown non stop for 12 hours (alright, I used an AFK glitch) but the point is that to earn 70 Gold Bars without going AFK, you would have to play Showdowns for at least 168 hours. I am assuming that is the fastest way to earn GB's legitimately??

thoughts?
Honestly make use of the glitches now. I'm level 30 and well I think if you start the game in beta it's practically a free for all; like when GTA V came out the glitches was simple but effective no one really planned well enough to grind it out (glitches).

Overall you earn enough from hunting and missions on top of the every 5 levels you get a map this is easier enough as personally the police method isn't effective but rather hunting is. You may also find that you can glitch the missions so you can replay without a timer.

Back to the first point if RDR2 is going to go the same way GTA V did. Which I expect it will due to the Micros being what they are price wise. Then abuse the system as much as possible because in the later years it's going to get extreme (GamePlay). So be wise with your money and make sure to grind it to an unrealistic amount.

This is my opinion anyway.

Blue_jayy

Blue_jayy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I’ll definitely glitch when there’s a glitch worth my time. I think my plan for beta is to play catch up before the first real update... gonna want the camp upgraded, some pamphlets + maxed out abilities before they start selling planned properties & wagons for a killing on top of thousands I’d have to earn on stuff just from beta.

It’s literally impossible to get all this stuff & a lot of it isn’t even for sale with gold. Not a lot of fun with the current ways to make money except showdown. I’d even think about paying micros if it was reasonable. Like I can buy ability upgrades & pamphlets for like 5 bars or less each. That seems worth it. But it’s not even a option to use gold instead of cash from what I see

Navy Davey

Navy Davey

☠️Wicked Good☠️
Retired
Mr. Nice Guy Legendary Veteran Platinum Record
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Playing this game legit has already gone out the window for me.
I am Still only at level 47 but I have a lot of items purchased with free gold.
I have every camp upgrade and all weapons available to me at my level.
I have purchased a leopard Appaloosa.
(Great horse by the way)
I used free gold to unlock and purchase recipe pamphlets.
I am truly hoping to get a free Arabian as promised.
So... yeah once a glitcher always a glitcher I guess :roflmao:

Deuce_Mojo

Deuce_Mojo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I've played basically legit throughout. Ok there are some exploits here and there but the legit stranger missions have got me through into the 70s ranks.

I'll play legit until they sell vehicles and properties for like hundreds of gold. Then if there isn't glitching, I'm hanging up my spurs.

A

abig79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I glitched as soon as one came available, got like 90 gold bars and level 97 with nothing to do or buy. Only time I play is if something new comes out even something as simple as the fish spawning only the ground in the desert. I just have no goal now unless I wanna load up on money for something that might be released soon.

I did enjoy the hunting and fishing as I do in most games but getting burned out on it much like the stranger missions and story missions. Went onto other games to pass the time, tomb raider’s were on sale and are really good games

Spent a lot of time tying to find my own glitch, treasure map repeats, free horse or saddle but no luck

I was working on a invisible torso glitch where I kinda got it to stick but you have to wear the vest and it will sometimes reappear until you go to the barber and look at haircuts. I’d release it but I don’t even know what I did anymore

Last edited:
ZoZo

ZoZo

Adventure begins where fear ends.
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey Frame In Gold Bug Finder
Reaction score
Sin$
I did the fish on land glitch the day I got online. With how little to none money/xp making missions there are at the moment, I’m going to give myself a little head start by glitching.

RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke

retired boah.
Retired
Bug Finder Glitcher End of the Year 2015
Reaction score
Sin$
I did the fish on land glitch the day I got online. With how little to none money/xp making missions there are at the moment, I’m going to give myself a little head start by glitching.

I'd personally suggest waiting bro. The current glitches out there aren't exactly worth the time it takes to grind them imo. I've said it on another thread, but I feel like once there's new content added along with better legit money-making methods (which should be anytime now over the next month or two), that people in the community will be able to start finding much better glitches that will be suited better for the time it takes to complete them.

Sky Air

Sky Air

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm finished for now, I swear they nerfed the online story missions again. Found a nice dead fishing farm spot but a dollar a fish is annoying. To little to do even for a beta, the PvP missions are so mediocre and cheese. Funniest thing I did do was get on top of these boats.
DwyQ-_qWwAArxAT.jpg:large

postmortemdecay

postmortemdecay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Stopped playing legit the day it came out...

It's almost impossible to with websites like this, as well as youtube. I finally got myself the collective minds strike pack that has come quite in handy.

pablo67340

pablo67340

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ive played legit mainly because Ive been too distracted to look up cheap ways to progress. Its been fun

Token

Token

Godly Sinner
Administrator
Content Team
Hidden Devils
Grammar Nazi Frame In Gold Odysseus' Summit
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I’ll be playing legit for as long as possible.

Once it becomes an unfair playing ground it will become an instance of “if you can’t beat em, join em”.

Hopefully it doesn’t come to that though as I enjoy it.

Deuce_Mojo

Deuce_Mojo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
How long will I play legit? Until like two weeks ago when I got 80-something and there was really nothing left to do.

Gandalf61

Gandalf61

You Shall Not Pass!
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
How long will I play legit? Until like two weeks ago when I got 80-something and there was really nothing left to do.
Yep. They need to drop the first dlc asap. Getting tired of doing the same missions over and over. Had fun exploring Guarma but that only took a couple of hours.

MafiaDesigns

MafiaDesigns

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
For as long as the game has life, its too easy to make money and get xp. Im a rank 154 with over $1.5k

Top Bottom
Login
Register