What's new

Discussion How long will you play legit??

• Thread starter Gandalf61
  • Start date
  • Views 13,873
S

schitzotm

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
This^
Came out the gate cheating.
The game is based on looting and stealing. One would be doing the game a serious unjust to not play it like that.
Glitches take time as payouts are super low so duplicating gold bars or money takes time.
Just the way it is since payouts are low. Rockstar expects glitchers. They also expect people dont want to put in that time so the option to just purchase gold is there and making them serious money.
This game has about 4 times the amount spent on developing than gtav development thus far.
And this game as far as online goes is not finished.
Every rockstar office and many take two affiliates were pulled in for development of rdr2.
The sheer amount of money spent on the game is the reason for low pay and high priced store items. (Gotta recover the spent money) the game is actually not selling as much as anticipated either. The hope currently is rolling out a robust online system will spike sales.
But this game has a five year old game casting a huge shadow over it. Thus much much larger online content will be added to gta. Personally, I was very happy with rdr2 story mode. It was great. The only thing that gets old online is my missing zentorno. Riding that slow horse across the map take way too long. Really need a jet powered horse. Lol
So for me farming money glitches is about all I do on rdr2 online. That is when I actually pick it instead of gta.
I see rdr online falling before it really gets off the ground.
I see gta riding higher for the next two years. I see gta breaking records in 2019. And I see gta making that number one sold slot again.
Red dead offers a great story and very good times offline. As far as online goes it doesnt come close to gta and likely never will.
Just my two cents...

S

Skwonkey

Reaction score
Sin$
So I am wondering how many people, if any, will actually play this game legit. In other words truly grind out without using an AFK method or glitch to max out and/or get enough gold bars to buy the Black Arabian. (70)

I earned 5 gold bars playing showdown non stop for 12 hours (alright, I used an AFK glitch) but the point is that to earn 70 Gold Bars without going AFK, you would have to play Showdowns for at least 168 hours. I am assuming that is the fastest way to earn GB's legitimately??

thoughts?
How do you AFK showdowns after the 1.05 patch? I've tried the rubbeband controller trick on Showdown Large but I always get booted after 2 or 3 round with no message explaining why I got booted.

JOKEROFXBOX

JOKEROFXBOX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This^
The game is based on looting and stealing. One would be doing the game a serious unjust to not play it like that.
Glitches take time as payouts are super low so duplicating gold bars or money takes time.
Just the way it is since payouts are low. Rockstar expects glitchers. They also expect people dont want to put in that time so the option to just purchase gold is there and making them serious money.
This game has about 4 times the amount spent on developing than gtav development thus far.
Every rockstar office and many take two affiliates were pulled in for development of rdr2.
The sheer amount of money spent on the game is the reason for low pay and high priced store items. (Gotta recover the spent money) the game is actually not selling as much as anticipated either. The hope currently is rolling out a robust online system will spike sales.
But this game has a five year old game casting a huge shadow over it. Thus much much larger online content will be added to gta. Personally, I was very happy with rdr2 story mode. It was great. The only thing that gets old online is my missing zentorno. Riding that slow horse across the map take way too long. Really need a jet powered horse. Lol
So for me farming money glitches is about all I do on rdr2 online. That is when I actually pick it instead of gta.
I see gta riding higher for the next two years. I see gta breaking records in 2019. And I see gta making that number one sold slot again.
Red dead offers a great story and very good times offline. As far as online goes it doesnt come close to gta and likely never will.
Just my two cents...
Eh, I see RDR2 being popular until GTAVI comes out, then this game will have around 1-2 years left before it's as populated as GTAIV. As for now, this game has a LOT of possibility; mini-games, weapons, DLC, missions, horses, skins, clothes, levels 100-1000 rewards, etc. Although those may seem like small things like clothes and such, people really do care about cosmetics in games as much as they do the missions themselves.

shaunr

shaunr

Propane and propane accessories
Reaction score
Sin$
This^
Red dead offers a great story and very good times offline. As far as online goes it doesn't come close to gta and likely never will.
Just my two cents...
Lots of interesting points, but do they really need to worry about recovering spent money via microtransactions? I've seen estimates as low as $170 million that it cost to make the game. The game made 725 million opening weekend. Also the gold doesn't actually provide for much progress in the game, at least from what I've found. You can't buy rank locked weapons early using gold, right?

Activexre

Activexre

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
What the hell im gonna use gold bars on anyway? There is no pay to win after the first patch anymore. Every gun is rank locked and the arabian was free.

JOKEROFXBOX

JOKEROFXBOX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Lots of interesting points, but do they really need to worry about recovering spent money via microtransactions? I've seen estimates as low as $170 million that it cost to make the game. The game made 725 million opening weekend. Also the gold doesn't actually provide for much progress in the game, at least from what I've found. You can't buy rank locked weapons early using gold, right?
No, you cannot, but if you have the gold when it's unlocked, you can buy the item with no issue compared to the people that can't afford it, and have to farm for a couple of hours to unlock it.

C

Cornali

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Truth is , online is a shell of what story mode made me/us love. While posseing up has brought loads of fun, there is so much missing. Can I get a damn meal at the saloon and some custom outfits?

I was promised this game August of 2017. Surprise: we are pushing it back to October , but wait not that October we mean October of next year 2018. Now everyone’s argument is it’s a beta, give them time. Man listen. Millions , that’s what you’re grossing and also the number of contact missions and game modes in gta. Cut the **** and give us more things to do.

Back to subject : I’ve totally forgotten about money cuz what’s the point, until $2,000 shacks arrive and all I want is my damn turkoman. So I’ll just glitch xp(the only currency that truly matters) until I get it ,
then i guess I’m done until an arena horse dlc.

Jacob Frye

Jacob Frye

Broseph
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
So I am wondering how many people, if any, will actually play this game legit. In other words truly grind out without using an AFK method or glitch to max out and/or get enough gold bars to buy the Black Arabian. (70)

I earned 5 gold bars playing showdown non stop for 12 hours (alright, I used an AFK glitch) but the point is that to earn 70 Gold Bars without going AFK, you would have to play Showdowns for at least 168 hours. I am assuming that is the fastest way to earn GB's legitimately??

thoughts?

Nope I stopped playing Legit, like Story missions and I rarely play game modes like showdown ect. I'm currently doing the xp glitch and for gold I only got the free ones Rockstar and paid for the one time deal cause it was cheap af. Other than that I'm going to wait for another gold glitch to exploit.

I'll test out the AFK method tomorrow never tried it yet.

I'm going to purchase my first modded account when the modded services are up. I never bought it on GTA Online since there was no need to with all the solo money glitches that were out at the time.

FAQ YIU

FAQ YIU

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
This game can crumble like gta online did on the last gen and then when the big migration occurs it could be that aspect where u pick a new door ( console war) and see what newly added dlc they add into that fish bowl

W

Witchdoctor

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes you can buy guns and most things ranked locked with gold I've brought loads ranked locked with gold some you can some you can't ,as far as the game goes give it a while and it will be different, look at gta when it first went online it was shet its still shet too this day, it's not gta no more flying cars and bikes lmfao that's not how gta started out it's lost its style years ago and its just a money making farm just like all there games they and take two make, no wonder people dont play legit and glitch money/rp/xp the only thing that's worrying is that they put micro transactions in a so called beta, so does that mean it was never a beta all along and that the version were playing now is rdro and were going too wait a long time until more is introduced into the game, I agree single player was class up until epilogue lol but online is a mess atm that's even if you can stay connected, I even know people who brought it physical copy have traded it in until online gets better and did it now too get more for there buck while they can, I believe it will be a top game in the future but how long are we going too have too wait, instead of throwing micro transactions at us they could of put more things too do in the game other than boring hunting and fishing because that shets repetitive

Last edited:
D

Dragonikus

Reaction score
Sin$
In GTA I glitched and got modded money on many occasions, and even after 200 mil I am now broke again and I don't want to grind. Rockstar online games are best when money isn't the only progression. I will glitch it any time there is a possibility for it. There is already level requirements for everything's so I say "no" to two big barriers that stop me from having fun. Rockstar is also very greedy, so I can't possibly respect their wish and slave for money in their game.

Deuce_Mojo

Deuce_Mojo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

thoughts?
Gamdalf, did you just rubber band your controller? Or tap it while watching movies? Curious how to effectively exploit this.

Deuce_Mojo

Deuce_Mojo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
In GTA I glitched and got modded money on many occasions, and even after 200 mil I am now broke again and I don't want to grind. Rockstar online games are best when money isn't the only progression. I will glitch it any time there is a possibility for it. There is already level requirements for everything's so I say "no" to two big barriers that stop me from having fun. Rockstar is also very greedy, so I can't possibly respect their wish and slave for money in their game.
Someone estimated the money needed to buy everything in GTAO at now over half a $billion. Wow. I know I got in and glitched a few dozen million but I probably didn't get much beyond 20% of that figure, if that.

Plus, it's a Rockstar game, so the **** is just *there* with very little benefit from owning it. I applaud them for keeping content in GTAO a up-to-date but wow, the measly money you make from doing it wouldn't net you 10% of that $500,000,000 if you played legit on the reg.

I'm doubting the staying power of this game if they don't ramp up and quick. I spent hours farming cash yesterday. For what, though?

S

spamdie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
GTA you need about $120Million to survive. $25M Base (Pre-DLC anything) +($20 Office/MC) + $50 (Bunker/Facility/Hanger)+ $25 (Nightclub) This of course skips the other outdated addons. Like Yachts.

I don't bother with the reset character glitch. But if you do it. More power to you. I personally could not grind that much. They haven't cracked down hard on anyone because it's still in "Beta" and they'd rather have a healthy amount of people playing. Unlike GTA it's hard to pay to win because in the end all the guns are unlocked by level 50 And you don't have people with horses with homing missiles flying in the sky like GTA. In fact the only annoyance is the Varmit Rifle. That b**** better be nerfed to useless unless it's against an animal.

They'll be pretty good at keeping track at people glitching this time around. Hence how they were able to refund everyone money when they changed item prices. That just doesn't come from magic. They knew exactly how many horse revivers bought from the store.

Gandalf61

Gandalf61

You Shall Not Pass!
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
GTA you need about $120Million to survive. $25M Base (Pre-DLC anything) +($20 Office/MC) + $50 (Bunker/Facility/Hanger)+ $25 (Nightclub) This of course skips the other outdated addons. Like Yachts.

I don't bother with the reset character glitch. But if you do it. More power to you. I personally could not grind that much. They haven't cracked down hard on anyone because it's still in "Beta" and they'd rather have a healthy amount of people playing. Unlike GTA it's hard to pay to win because in the end all the guns are unlocked by level 50 And you don't have people with horses with homing missiles flying in the sky like GTA. In fact the only annoyance is the Varmit Rifle. That b**** better be nerfed to useless unless it's against an animal.

They'll be pretty good at keeping track at people glitching this time around. Hence how they were able to refund everyone money when they changed item prices. That just doesn't come from magic. They knew exactly how many horse revivers bought from the store.
Umm. The varmint rifle is a .22 caliber. Pretty useless in real life too. Its just a fun little plinker gun. (I own a few to shoot squirrels, rabbits etc)

Deuce_Mojo

Deuce_Mojo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Umm. The varmint rifle is a .22 caliber. Pretty useless in real life too. Its just a fun little plinker gun. (I own a few to shoot squirrels, rabbits etc)
Varmint rifle must die. I know Rockstar figured they'd make a weapon for shooting birds and small game but at this point I think they're saying "oh ****, we should've just made small game rounds for the repeater and the pistols 'cause this rifle sucks and shouldn't be a mini sniper rifle.

As far as crackdowns, I only foresee it if there are hacked lobbies. There's no way they'd gimp their player base well before any content or expansion items become available.

There's virtually nothing to crack down on rn tbh, with the gold glitch being used (I imagine) rarely and with there being about zero ways so far to make illegitimate cash.

With the sheer amount of fishing/hunting/mission grinding time I've put in -- in addition to the initial cash investment in the game -- I wouldn't be the person who joins a lawsuit after Rockstar reset people arbitrarily. I would lead it.

Marc the Robot

Marc the Robot

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
To be honest, I don't even know if I'm playing at all. Let alone "legit".

I've spent the last [nearly] 4 weeks going from place to place, hunting, fishing, looting, shooting cops, doing strangers missions and I've spent an inordinate amount of hours doing it but I'm not entirely clear on what my goal actually is or what I'm hoping to achieve.

I could play to unlock the Mauser or Carcano. I could play to unlock the Gold Turkoman (which I happen to think is the best pound for pound horse in the game). I could amass a small fortune of cash, unlock all ability cards and have Cripps wear his coveted bear suit as a reward for putting my camp nowhere near where I wanted it. But what then?

Right now, I feel as though there is no sense of reward for what I'm doing because ultimately I have nothing to aim for besides doing more of what I'm already doing now. I don't care about what I unlock because I'm perfectly content with the weapons, equipment and horse I have, and I don't spend any time near my camp that nobody is going to be impressed by so I have no need to 'pimp' it. My clothes have been the same since day one and I like the way they look on my character so I have no desire to buy others.

So... In answer to the question, it doesn't matter how long I play the game 'legit' for because currently as it stands, there is nothing to cheat for either.

Gandalf61

Gandalf61

You Shall Not Pass!
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
To be honest, I don't even know if I'm playing at all. Let alone "legit".

I've spent the last [nearly] 4 weeks going from place to place, hunting, fishing, looting, shooting cops, doing strangers missions and I've spent an inordinate amount of hours doing it but I'm not entirely clear on what my goal actually is or what I'm hoping to achieve.

I could play to unlock the Mauser or Carcano. I could play to unlock the Gold Turkoman (which I happen to think is the best pound for pound horse in the game). I could amass a small fortune of cash, unlock all ability cards and have Cripps wear his coveted bear suit as a reward for putting my camp nowhere near where I wanted it. But what then?

Right now, I feel as though there is no sense of reward for what I'm doing because ultimately I have nothing to aim for besides doing more of what I'm already doing now. I don't care about what I unlock because I'm perfectly content with the weapons, equipment and horse I have, and I don't spend any time near my camp that nobody is going to be impressed by so I have no need to 'pimp' it. My clothes have been the same since day one and I like the way they look on my character so I have no desire to buy others.

So... In answer to the question, it doesn't matter how long I play the game 'legit' for because currently as it stands, there is nothing to cheat for either.
I hear ya dude. I mostly run around hunting and then going to the butcher to sell stuff, then hunt some more. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot to do in this game yet. I know you can do showdowns but those are not really that fun.

Top Bottom
Login
Register