Discussion How long will you play legit??

Discussion in 'Red Dead Redemption 2' started by Gandalf61, Dec 18, 2018 with 66 replies and 5,509 views.

1. Marc the Robot

Marc the Robot Getting There

Ratings:
    I think, if the point of the game is to drink it like you would a slow whiskey, then it succeeds on every level but for the moment, I don't see the point of glitching or earning XP or Gold 'illegitimately' because once I have all of that, there'd be nothing to do with it. I'm not going to glitch to unlock ability cards so I can use all my godlike Dead Eye powers to shoot a trout, as graceful as I may be in doing it.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Frank

Frank se7en *clap* sins *clap* review Staff

Ratings:
    Depending on your console I presume Xbox one won't get modded accounts for RDR2 for quite awhile anyway... And PS4 I hold more hope for getting modded.
    Honestly make use of the glitches now. I'm level 30 and well I think if you start the game in beta it's practically a free for all; like when GTA V came out the glitches was simple but effective no one really planned well enough to grind it out (glitches).

Overall you earn enough from hunting and missions on top of the every 5 levels you get a map this is easier enough as personally the police method isn't effective but rather hunting is. You may also find that you can glitch the missions so you can replay without a timer.

Back to the first point if RDR2 is going to go the same way GTA V did. Which I expect it will due to the Micros being what they are price wise. Then abuse the system as much as possible because in the later years it's going to get extreme (GamePlay). So be wise with your money and make sure to grind it to an unrealistic amount.

This is my opinion anyway.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Blue_jayy

Blue_jayy Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I’ll definitely glitch when there’s a glitch worth my time. I think my plan for beta is to play catch up before the first real update... gonna want the camp upgraded, some pamphlets + maxed out abilities before they start selling planned properties & wagons for a killing on top of thousands I’d have to earn on stuff just from beta.

It’s literally impossible to get all this stuff & a lot of it isn’t even for sale with gold. Not a lot of fun with the current ways to make money except showdown. I’d even think about paying micros if it was reasonable. Like I can buy ability upgrades & pamphlets for like 5 bars or less each. That seems worth it. But it’s not even a option to use gold instead of cash from what I see

4. Navy Davey

Navy Davey ☠️Over the Hills and Far Away☠️ Super Moderators

Ratings:
    Playing this game legit has already gone out the window for me.
    I am Still only at level 47 but I have a lot of items purchased with free gold.
    I have every camp upgrade and all weapons available to me at my level.
    I have purchased a leopard Appaloosa.
    (Great horse by the way)
    I used free gold to unlock and purchase recipe pamphlets.
    I am truly hoping to get a free Arabian as promised.
    So... yeah once a glitcher always a glitcher I guess :roflmao:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Trallafitti

Trallafitti Getting There

Ratings:
    Bores me to death at Level 15 already.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Deuce_Mojo

Deuce_Mojo Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I've played basically legit throughout. Ok there are some exploits here and there but the legit stranger missions have got me through into the 70s ranks.

I'll play legit until they sell vehicles and properties for like hundreds of gold. Then if there isn't glitching, I'm hanging up my spurs.

7. abig79

abig79 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I glitched as soon as one came available, got like 90 gold bars and level 97 with nothing to do or buy. Only time I play is if something new comes out even something as simple as the fish spawning only the ground in the desert. I just have no goal now unless I wanna load up on money for something that might be released soon.

I did enjoy the hunting and fishing as I do in most games but getting burned out on it much like the stranger missions and story missions. Went onto other games to pass the time, tomb raider’s were on sale and are really good games

Spent a lot of time tying to find my own glitch, treasure map repeats, free horse or saddle but no luck

I was working on a invisible torso glitch where I kinda got it to stick but you have to wear the vest and it will sometimes reappear until you go to the barber and look at haircuts. I’d release it but I don’t even know what I did anymore

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
  8. ZoZo

ZoZo Born to love, Bred to kill. Retired

Ratings:
    I did the fish on land glitch the day I got online. With how little to none money/xp making missions there are at the moment, I’m going to give myself a little head start by glitching.

9. RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke Memes 4 Dayz Retired

Ratings:
    I'd personally suggest waiting bro. The current glitches out there aren't exactly worth the time it takes to grind them imo. I've said it on another thread, but I feel like once there's new content added along with better legit money-making methods (which should be anytime now over the next month or two), that people in the community will be able to start finding much better glitches that will be suited better for the time it takes to complete them.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sky Air

Sky Air Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I'm finished for now, I swear they nerfed the online story missions again. Found a nice dead fishing farm spot but a dollar a fish is annoying. To little to do even for a beta, the PvP missions are so mediocre and cheese. Funniest thing I did do was get on top of these boats. [​IMG]

11. Slice

Slice 11 Premium

Ratings:
    Stopped playing legit the day it came out...

12. postmortemdecay

postmortemdecay Enthusiast

Ratings:
    It's almost impossible to with websites like this, as well as youtube. I finally got myself the collective minds strike pack that has come quite in handy.

• Like Like x 1
  13. pablo67340

pablo67340 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Ive played legit mainly because Ive been too distracted to look up cheap ways to progress. Its been fun

• Like Like x 1
  14. Knife

Knife Hidden Devils Staff

Ratings:
    I’ll be playing legit for as long as possible.

Once it becomes an unfair playing ground it will become an instance of “if you can’t beat em, join em”.

Hopefully it doesn’t come to that though as I enjoy it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Deuce_Mojo

Deuce_Mojo Enthusiast

Ratings:
    How long will I play legit? Until like two weeks ago when I got 80-something and there was really nothing left to do.

16. OP
    Gandalf61

Gandalf61 You Shall Not Pass! VIP Retired

Ratings:
    Yep. They need to drop the first dlc asap. Getting tired of doing the same missions over and over. Had fun exploring Guarma but that only took a couple of hours.

• Like Like x 1
  17. vagg_

vagg_ Newbie

Ratings:
    Since the very end prolly^^

18. MafiaDesigns

MafiaDesigns Enthusiast

Ratings:
    For as long as the game has life, its too easy to make money and get xp. Im a rank 154 with over $1.5k

19. Deuce_Mojo

Deuce_Mojo Enthusiast

Ratings:
    please tell me you own everything you can buy *and* have the $1500 on top... That kind of money won't go far.

• Like Like x 1
  20. OP
    Gandalf61

Gandalf61 You Shall Not Pass! VIP Retired

Ratings:
    Yep. Thats not even enough to upgrade his ability cards