What's new

Solved How is this Video Card?

Cryptid

Cryptid

Stickied Grizzled Veteran Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
I want to know your opinion on this card and if it would be good to use.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150697

Solid card, pretty good cooling. I believe you can find the 290's cheaper than that though, although don't quote me on that as I haven't checked in a while.

I know you were looking for 3x borderless monitors the other day; If you're going to be running a tri-monitor setup I suggest springing for the 290x, it'll help you out a bit there.

Dini

Dini

merged
Retired
Scaling the Mountain CotM Modder
Reaction score
It's a 4GB card and from experience with Radeon i'd say it's definitely worth it.

WRX

WRX

Getting There
Reaction score
Solid card, pretty good cooling. I believe you can find the 290's cheaper than that though, although don't quote me on that as I haven't checked in a while.

I know you were looking for 3x borderless monitors the other day; If you're going to be running a tri-monitor setup I suggest springing for the 290x, it'll help you out a bit there.
Ahh, I was hoping it would be good to run with a triple monitor setup. I hope I can find it a bit cheaper. I still have to get the processor (I am getting the AMD FX 8350 8-core).

Cryptid

Cryptid

Reaction score
Ahh, I was hoping it would be good to run with a triple monitor setup. I hope I can find it a bit cheaper. I still have to get the processor (I am getting the AMD FX 8350 8-core).

It would work well with a tri-monitor setup where you're using, say, one monitor for browsing, one for music / chat, and one for gaming. If you're trying to run an eyefinity setup with 3x monitors running the game at once, you may find that a bit difficult with the card. You won't be getting horrible FPS (my estimate is probably 40-45) as long as you're on 1920x1080p eyefinity, but if you run any higher resolution than that your FPS will tank.

WRX

WRX

Getting There
Reaction score
It would work well with a tri-monitor setup where you're using, say, one monitor for browsing, one for music / chat, and one for gaming. If you're trying to run an eyefinity setup with 3x monitors running the game at once, you may find that a bit difficult with the card. You won't be getting horrible FPS (my estimate is probably 40-45) as long as you're on 1920x1080p eyefinity, but if you run any higher resolution than that your FPS will tank.
I will probably do the one for YouTube, one for Chat, and one for Gaming. If I do run the triple monitor for gaming it will be like Attack of the B team Minecraft Modpack, World of Warcraft, or Elder Scrolls Online.

Cryptid

Cryptid

Reaction score
I will probably do the one for YouTube, one for Chat, and one for Gaming. If I do run the triple monitor for gaming it will be like Attack of the B team Minecraft Modpack, World of Warcraft, or Elder Scrolls Online.

You should be able to get by just fine with a 290 then :smile:

WRX

WRX

Getting There
Reaction score
You should be able to get by just fine with a 290 then :smile:
Alright man, if you happen to come across a cheaper 290 than the one I posted, please PM me about it. It would be much appreciated. :smile:

MA2Peaces

MA2Peaces

Ghetto and Proud... And Hungry
Reaction score
Alright man, if you happen to come across a cheaper 290 than the one I posted, please PM me about it. It would be much appreciated. :smile:
I would check around on Ebay. I use to go on there when I heard about cards being sold for like half price and ish

SeaPancake3

SeaPancake3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm looking into getting a 290 as well. I've narrowed it down to gigabytes version (cheapest I've seen at 359 or somewhere around there on newegg) and if I can stand to put it off a while longer then I'm going for sapphires vapor-x 290.

ItsAmplix

ItsAmplix

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that card would have plenty of performance for playing any current generation game on high settings at 1080p with a solid frame rate

Top Bottom