What's new

Discussion How I transferred GTA IV the lost and damned to another xbox live account.

• Thread starter thinlizzy76
  • Start date
  • Views 2,391
thinlizzy76

thinlizzy76

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Items needed:
Memory Card.
An account with lost and damned already downloaded.
xbox live access.

1) I started off by putting my profile (thin lizzy 76) onto another harddrive by memory card.
2) I then signed into xbox live and re-downloaded the lost and damned onto the harddrive.
3) After the game downloaded I then inserted gta IV and when i got into the game , i pressed start and went into : game, then new then,the lost and damned.
4) Right now for the tricky part. As soon as I clicked on the lost and damned, I pulled the memory card out . (a message should now come up saying to re-insert the memory card, ignore it for now)
5) Sign in now with the xbox live profile you want to be able to play the lost and damned with, (the profile you want to be able to play tlad should be on the harddrive you have inserted)
6) If done correctly you should now be able to play the lost and damned with another xbox live profile.
7) Re-insert memory card to make the memory card message
8) Complete the first mission in tlad and save to ensure no bugging will occur in future.
9) You will now be able to play the lost and damned on the chosen profile as well as the original profile.

This is my first tutorial guys, please go easy on me!
This tutorial works 100% though.

If you are having any trouble with this , pm me :smile:

E

eeeeeesy

Reaction score
Sin$
sorry, im sure this had nothing to do with the time at which you removed the memcard . I think the reason it worked is because that was the origional harddrive and xbox you purchased the dlc from, so it always lets you to redownload it from dash

thinlizzy76

thinlizzy76

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I did not use my own xbox to download tlad, i used my neighbours as his internet is stronger than mine.

D

dude8937673

I'm 12, Whats A Jtag?
Reaction score
Sin$
you can always do that no matter what and you don't need to do any of the yanking out of them memory cards. :thumbdown:

thinlizzy76

thinlizzy76

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
you can't transfer live files normally, you can put them on a harddrive but the only one that can access them is the profile that downloaded them, :thumbdown: at least know what you are talking about before you post. you try doing it without doing a licence transfer or yanking out a memory card and i guarantee it won't work

E

eeeeeesy

Reaction score
Sin$
thinlizzy76 said:
you can't transfer live files normally, you can put them on a harddrive but the only one that can access them is the profile that downloaded them, :thumbdown: at least know what you are talking about before you post. you try doing it without doing a licence transfer or yanking out a memory card and i guarantee it won't work

YOU are the one who needS to know what they are talking about before they go running their mouth. GET A BRAIN. You originally downloaded tlad to your hardrive then redownloaded it to the same hardrive?
QUOTE thinlizzard
1) I started off by putting my profile (thin lizzy 76) onto another harddrive by memory card.
2) I then signed into xbox live and re-downloaded the lost and damned onto the harddrive.

upon tranferring your profile via data transfer kit and dvd to the other drive, does it not automatically transfer tlad? Why did you redownload it.

FOR YOU TO REDOWNLOAD MEANS IT WAS ALREADY ON THE HARD DRIVE:cursing:

Another thing, WHERE IS THE DISCLAIMER TELLING PEOPLE THIS COULD POTENTIALY RUIN, ERASE, or CORRUPT THEIR MEMORY CARD AND OR PROFILE?:cursing:

I am curiosly waiting to see what your next unintelligent response ist to be.

thinlizzy76

thinlizzy76

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
jesus christ... I didnt redownload it to my harddrive!!!!!!!!!!! I REDOWNLOADED IT TO A DIFFERENT HARDDRIVE i.e. THE ONE THAT THE OTHER PROFILE WAS ON! Ok I'll put it simple just for you. I transferred my profile from my harddrive to memory card, then i tranferred my profile from the memory card to the harddrive that is to recieve the tlad. then i went to download history once my profile was on the new harddrive and clicked on tlad and redownloaded it!!!!:cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing:, Now you ****tard tell how EXACTLY it could corrupt ? hmmm? YOU GET A BRAIN

E

eeeeeesy

Reaction score
Sin$
thinlizzy76 said:
jesus christ... I didnt redownload it to my harddrive!!!!!!!!!!! I REDOWNLOADED IT TO A DIFFERENT HARDDRIVE i.e. THE ONE THAT THE OTHER PROFILE WAS ON! Ok I'll put it simple just for you. I transferred my profile from my harddrive to memory card, then i tranferred my profile from the memory card to the harddrive that is to recieve the tlad. then i went to download history once my profile was on the new harddrive and clicked on tlad and redownloaded it!!!!:cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing:, Now you ****tard tell how EXACTLY it could corrupt ? hmmm? YOU GET A BRAIN
Are you serious? Try reading the instruction booklet issued by microsoft and as well as the notificationns which popup on screen warning you not to remove any memory devices from console during saving or loading, because it can corrupt your memory unit.

J

JJKM4A1

Reaction score
Sin$
thinlizzy76 said:

If the profile was copied to someone elses hard drive, wouldn't pulling the memory card out do nothing at all?

I think you meant to just keep the gamertag on the memory card.

Code:
So if we have these 3 things:
(HDD without DLC) 
(Xbox without DLC)
(Memory Card w/ gamertag that has TLaD purchased)

And we turn on the 360, go to marketplace and re-download the purchased content to the hard drive... Load up GTA4, start a new game of TL&D, pull the memory card which has the DLC out, push the guide button and sign in as another profile - The new profile will be able to play the Lost and the Damned.

Is that right thinlizzy76?

D

dude8937673

I'm 12, Whats A Jtag?
Reaction score
Sin$
I KNOW!! LOL

as long as you have your GT on the mem card you should be good

Top Bottom
Login
Register