What's new

Discussion How I Got The Data Migration Kit.

• Thread starter Phazed
  • Start date
  • Views 3,549
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Phazed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok So i rang microsoft customer support (UK BTW)
there is a damm automated smart voice thing that recognises your voice
which is pretty cool haha :biggrin:

First time i rang the guy told me to go online and download PDF i hung up.

second time (this time it worked)

I rang them up, a rep answered me called alex ( i couldn't understand a word he said)
i said to him "I bought a new hard drive out of game stop for my xbox, but all of my saved games are on my old one and xbox live account and the guy from gamestop told me to ring customer support to get something called a "data migration kit" (lol)

next he said to go online and download the form and post it out.

i then said "I don't have a computer with internet access and that might be a problem" lol

so then because its his job to help mah he bought everything i said
and asked me for my Serial number of xbox , full name and post code.

then he told me to hold for 2 minutes while he forwards it to something (i couldnt make out what he was saying-.-)

2 mins later while i was watching house :biggrin:
he then said sorry for delaying you, i said np then he said it will be delivered in 7-10 business days.

Hope this helps anybody in need,:thumbup:

L

legend101

Reaction score
Sin$
well i just told them that i bought 120gb hardrive that came with with the cd and no cable and they just send me one

D

Demonzz

Reaction score
Sin$
Lol I rang them up..Im in the UK. I said that i bought a new hardrive and i wanted to transfer the data from my old hardrive to my new one. He instantly said "Have you got a reciet and where did you buy it from"
So i said i bought it from a friend.. Then he put the phone down..
LOL??
So i bought one off ebay for 5.65 LOL free postage

C

Cole Goodyear

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I faxed in a PDF with two completely random serial numbers, a fake name, and still got it. Complete microfail

M

MilesChris

Reaction score
Sin$
I have called xbox support so many times and can still not get one.Ive told them a bunch of stories but everytime they just tell me its $12.95.

T

Thilo

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
MilesChris said:
I have called xbox support so many times and can still not get one.Ive told them a bunch of stories but everytime they just tell me its $12.95.

Cry. That gets to them.

Is there any way to skip the friggin robot?:?

P

Phazed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
yeah gwah keep saying "rep" lol
it works since the robot doesnt understand and transfers u to a rep lol

T

Thilo

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Agent.

Agent.

Agent.

Agent.

Finally, in a Indian accent. "Hello, My name is Alex. What is your first and last name and the nature of your problem."

C

Cole Goodyear

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
There are hundreds of alex's... lol

F

fatcho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
WOW i've tried sooo much times. It's basically impossible

S

supersonic125

Reaction score
Sin$
wow just buy it, its not like it costs 100 dollars or something its cheaper then all of the other transfer cables and stuff and its "official" quit being cheap

C

chaotic fury

Reaction score
Sin$
I finally got my cable. I just got somewhat upset with the guy i talked to and then asked for his supervisor... Then i also worked over thatguy and finally got my cable.

X

Complex360

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Bill gets women pregnant and calls all the kids Alex before enslaving them.

B

brucemendes

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi...
I have some information regarding that Migration kit so that i want to share with you......You have the option to perform a one-time transfer of content from a 20GB Xbox 360 hard drive to another Xbox 360 20GB or Xbox 360 120GB hard drive. Whether you choose to do this or not, understand that both hard drives are fully compatible with both your Xbox 360 console, and will be after the transfer, too. However, content can only ever be moved from the smaller drive only once. The transfer kit cannot move content from the larger 120GB drive.If you have already saved games or stored content on your Xbox 360 Elite system's 120GB hard drive or the Xbox 360 Special Edition 20GB hard drive, those games and that content will be erased during the content transfer. (All preloaded content will remain when the transfer is complete.) Xbox LIVE Arcade games and other content purchased on Xbox LIVE can be re-downloaded.At the end of the transfer, your new hard drive will contain every file that could be transferred from the 20GB hard drive. Preloaded content on your new hard drive, such as game demos and videos, may change during migration. The original preloaded content will be completely erased and replaced with new content during migration.

V

Vein

Reaction score
Sin$
I've called several times with a different story. Talked to supervisors with no success. Any ideas (other than spending the money)? I'm tired of calling...

A

aMazZe yO

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
for me i phoned up ( UK ) and got costumer support and a woman answered and i said i bought a new hdd and i want to transfer the stuff from my old hdd to my new one and then she just asked for my details so then i gave them and 5 days later i got mine in the post :biggrin: !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register