Discussion How hard would it be to hack a kinect link

• Thread starter XxCrazyPersonxX
  • Start date
  • Views 5,627
Status
Not open for further replies.
X

XxCrazyPersonxX

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.
Seasoned Veteran 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
is it possible and if so how hard would it be to hack into the Kinect link, They say it reports info to Microsoft so does that mean its streaming to them or being recorded for later viewing? Also either way isn't it possible to intercept that stream and be able to see through the Kinect camera? If its possible using someone webcam on there laptop is it too farfetched to assume it cant be done on a Kinect? So not only do we have to worry about them watching us, we have to worry about someone else sitting back on there couch with a bowl of popcorn and a big bottle of lotion.......

Xeren

Xeren

♦♦♦ God Complex ♦♦♦
Legendary Veteran Programmer Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
is it possible and if so how hard would it be to hack into the Kinect link, They say it reports info to Microsoft so does that mean its streaming to them or being recorded for later viewing? Also either way isn't it possible to intercept that stream and be able to see through the Kinect camera? If its possible using someone webcam on there laptop is it too farfetched to assume it cant be done on a Kinect? So not only do we have to worry about them watching us, we have to worry about someone else sitting back on there couch with a bowl of popcorn and a big bottle of lotion.......
They're not recording videos of you. I'm pretty sure that would be illegal.

D3FEKT

D3FEKT

Bewbs
Platinum Record Stickied Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
They're not recording videos of you. I'm pretty sure that would be illegal.

People believe anything. Remember in 2010 about the first kinect? people thought the same thing. Nothing happened.

Tergat

Tergat

Here's looking at you, kid
Services Grammar Nazi Jokester
Reaction score
Sin$
People believe anything. Remember in 2010 about the first kinect? people thought the same thing. Nothing happened.

I beg to differ

But yeah , that would be illegal

X

XxCrazyPersonxX

Reaction score
Sin$
Lol well reguardless they said they send feedback, witch means the Kinect is intergrated with the cloud system. And if im not mistaken anything with an internet connection is accessible over the internet. So despite the fact if there recording you or not, there is still a camera that is ALWAYS on in your living room........ god forbid your bedroom.

D3FEKT

D3FEKT

Bewbs
Platinum Record Stickied Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
They also did say you can completely turn off the kinect.

Tergat

Tergat

Here's looking at you, kid
Services Grammar Nazi Jokester
Reaction score
Sin$
Couldn't you just un-plug it?

X

XxCrazyPersonxX

Reaction score
Sin$
They also did say you can completely turn off the kinect.

When did they release that, if im not mistaken they announced that it had to be on to use the xbox.

iado

iado

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Put something over the camera and use your controller to do things. That is what i do...

N1CKY

N1CKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
All Xbox code is signed, So you cant exactly just tell someone to play your totallylegitgame.exe (or xex) so you can see the camera.

So fxck if its illegal, You think that will stop these multi-billion corporation? It wasn't that long ago Sony was found to be selling laptops with Sony made root kits inside them. You people need to wise up.

THE QBN BEAST

THE QBN BEAST

Engineering the Future
Mr. Nice Guy Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
It won't be very hard unless they encrypt the connection from the kinect to the xbox but I don't believe they'll do that as I think they might release a stand alone version which can be plugged into the pc.

Keysnsamples

Keysnsamples

Stuff n Thangs
Retired
Fabled Veteran Greeter Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$

You can only turn the kinect off if you shut all power off the system. No ****. Lol.

Well the first kinect sends data to MS and 3rd party developers. Did you know that? :smile:

All Xbox code is signed, So you cant exactly just tell someone to play your totallylegitgame.exe (or xex) so you can see the camera.

So fxck if its illegal, You think that will stop these multi-billion corporation? It wasn't that long ago Sony was found to be selling laptops with Sony made root kits inside them. You people need to wise up.

Microsoft is one of the good guys. They would never do anything bad. :smile:

Cosmic Owl

Cosmic Owl

Determination!
Content Team
VIP
MotM Stickied Journalist
Reaction score
Sin$
I mean, the best thing to do is to not buy the Xbox One, and not deal with Microsoft spying on you via Kinect.

Though, I'd just put black tape over the camera, or something like that.

Syrus

Syrus

Just chill out
Fabled Veteran Mythical Veteran 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
Everyone is flipping out over this new kinect, I honestly don't think its going to be a big deal as everyones making it out to be.

X

XxCrazyPersonxX

Reaction score
Sin$
Is this new Kinect going to be similar to what the government currently does with our phone, meaning if you say a certain word and the xbox Kinect hears it a big red flag pops up on the gov screen, of no-no words....... Like seriously for all we know this stupid device is going to take over America, among all other countries that alow it. Also everyone keeps saying just cover the camera itself...... What about the mic that is always on even when the system is off??????

Derpy

Derpy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Is this new Kinect going to be similar to what the government currently does with our phone, meaning if you say a certain word and the xbox Kinect hears it a big red flag pops up on the gov screen, of no-no words....... Like seriously for all we know this stupid device is going to take over America, among all other countries that alow it. Also everyone keeps saying just cover the camera itself...... What about the mic that is always on even when the system is off??????

Unplug it when the X1 is off...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register