What's new

Discussion How hard is it to transition into League? I need some tips.

• Thread starter Stonerzard
  • Start date
  • Views 214
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Stonerzard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a DOTA player, and I'd say that I'm a fairly good one of that. I have understanding of all if not most basic and a fair few advanced mechanics. I was just wondering what the transition into League of Legends would be like, as I'd like to try it out. If you've played DOTA 2 and gone over to League let me know how you found it, otherwise I'd like to know a few things about the system if anybody could educate me?

Last edited:
J

Jason

Reaction score
If you have experience with MOBA's then you're a step ahead!
All you have to do is learn champion matchups, general ability cooldowns, and rotations. The level grind from 1-30 will help you learn.
I'll help you more when I am out of class!

Last edited:
S

Stonerzard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have experience with MOBA's then you're a step ahead!
All you have to do is learn champion matchups, general ability cooldowns, and rotations. The level grind from 1-30 will help you learn.
I'll help you more when I am out of class!

I'll give it a go when I next go on, it doesn't run on Steam so how is the community ran on LoL? Like friending, teams, clans, custom content and store bought items?

J

Jason

Reaction score
I'll give it a go when I next go on, it doesn't run on Steam so how is the community ran on LoL? Like friending, teams, clans, custom content and store bought items?

You cannot make clans, but you can form teams with friends. Everything you mentioned is on the client.

F

FineNerdsS7

Contributor
Reaction score
You cannot make clans, but you can form teams with friends. Everything you mentioned is on the client.
You can make teams with random people you meet which would (hopefully) then be your friends :tongue:

@OP: The transition shouldn't be too hard except for the lower elo when no one knows what they're doing and they yell at everyone when they do bad. One thing you really need to learn is roles and champ matchups and then it is just practice after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom