• Thread starter DismayModz
  • Start date
  • Views 2,020
DismayModz

DismayModz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
eh I didn't even start getting into any detail, I don't need to, I own both haha
Well you still made your point which is a good thing :smile:

Stonerzard

Stonerzard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I own a PS4, and have been thinking of getting an XB1 when I get some money in. But from all of my friends that have XB1's, they've all told me the same thing: The loading time is horrendous, I thought the PS4 was bad but according to them the PS4's is much faster. That's it, the graphics are so close together there's not even a difference really.

The kids up above talking about RAM/GPU bla bla don't know what they're on about, the performance is effectively the same. You wouldn't even know the difference.

Basically here are the differences:

Different UI.
Different networking (obvious)
PS4 faster loading speed
Xbox has certain titles released earlier
PS4 has PS Now which is such a good service it's almost worth buying a PS4 just for that!
Controller and console size.
Xbox is louder so I've been told but I cannot testify to that.

It's basically just down to exclusives, but for me - Xbox milk theirs a little, like Forza has been heavily milked, and Halo hasn't even been worth playing since Reach. Ergo I bought a PS4, mainly with MLB: The Show in mind.

Stonerzard

Stonerzard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
lol just no. The ps4 is far superior in every way, faster GPU, faster CPU, and a faster RAM. 

Look at the specs for both, ps4 is better hahaha so people who say ps4 is better aren't children it's fact.

You basically just copied the comment above. You're bringing nothing to the table here, please learn the art of persuasion.

The last xbox I played was my 360....2 years ago. But it's still laying next to my ps3 and ps4.
guess what, a faster system does not mean a better system.
hell, the ps4 isn't even faster in some regards. the marketplaces load times are longer, achievements load slower, sending/receiving messages take longer. hell, even the psn app is slow as hell compared to microsofts. so please, tell me, how is sony utilizing it's "faster" processing speed? I'm not a fan boy, I'm a well informed smark who isn't afraid to say something is better just because I prefer something else.

when it comes down to it, my computer is still far superior than the current generation of consoles. but pros and cons are still thrown into that. it's not like i'm saying everyone who plays games needs a gaming pc. some people work better with a keyboard/mouth, dualshock 4/xbox one controller. hell, the only reason I don't down the xbox is because of the controller. so specs aside, well, i can give a rats ***. if I could stick DS 4 thumbsticks on the xbox then I'd buy the hell out of that. I want myself some Halo.

Thing is about gaming, everybody is different. Some PC gamers love to use a controller or a joystick. Some love to play on a laptop like me, because they just find it easier. Some console gamers hate big controllers, some love it.

The thing is, you buy what you want based on YOUR preferences, and not somebody elses. I don't have the same preferences as you, but I'm more than willing to listen to your views on certain features so I can judge for myself how well I think that will work for me. I mean, I don't take someone clothes shopping with me so I can see what the clothes would look like on them, would you?

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Comparing the PS4 to the XB1 which I only have the XB1 how good is the PS4 compared to that?
I'm loving my PS4 and can't wait until Silent Hills, No Man's Sky, and Everybody's Gone to the Rapture are released (they are PS4 exclusives). Also, just to note, PS4 has more foilage on GTA V.

m5QfIhd1.png

DismayModz

DismayModz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm loving my PS4 and can't wait until Silent Hills, No Man's Sky, and Everybody's Gone to the Rapture are released (they are PS4 exclusives). Also, just to note, PS4 has more foilage on GTA V.

m5QfIhd1.png
Dang GTA looks way better on PS4, I've only played it on the one :frown:

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Dang GTA looks way better on PS4, I've only played it on the one :frown:
I'm sure some games look better on the X1. All I'm saying is I love my PS4. I'm not about to say the X1 is bad though or anything like that.

DismayModz

DismayModz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm sure some games look better on the X1. All I'm saying is I love my PS4. I'm not about to say the X1 is bad though or anything like that.
Yeah I have been hearing that PS4 and XB1 are about the same, so eithier one would be a good console.

T3DDY_173

T3DDY_173

the official T3DDY
Hardened Veteran Frame In Gold Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
The last xbox I played was my 360....2 years ago. But it's still laying next to my ps3 and ps4.
guess what, a faster system does not mean a better system.
hell, the ps4 isn't even faster in some regards. the marketplaces load times are longer, achievements load slower, sending/receiving messages take longer. hell, even the psn app is slow as hell compared to microsofts. so please, tell me, how is sony utilizing it's "faster" processing speed? I'm not a fan boy, I'm a well informed smark who isn't afraid to say something is better just because I prefer something else.

when it comes down to it, my computer is still far superior than the current generation of consoles. but pros and cons are still thrown into that. it's not like i'm saying everyone who plays games needs a gaming pc. some people work better with a keyboard/mouth, dualshock 4/xbox one controller. hell, the only reason I don't down the xbox is because of the controller. so specs aside, well, i can give a rats ***. if I could stick DS 4 thumbsticks on the xbox then I'd buy the hell out of that. I want myself some Halo.

this thread is talking about the ps4 and the posts u replied to was talking about ps4 vs xbox one.
u put the 'network' stuff and an 'app' into the list.
messages load fine for me. [download is 2mb/s] trophies load fine for me.
and halo has gone down the bad road.[played all halos for a long time, most limited edition]

for gaming its the ps4, for entertainment its the xbox one.
case closed.

Perfect

Perfect

Feeling them Summervibez
10th Anniversary Programmer Jokester
Reaction score
Sin$
Consoles will always be about the same. Because their consoles.
If one is superior to the other is entirely opinion based. On paper the ps4 > xbox one
But the truth of the matter is that different consumers want different things from a console.
If you like halo go buy an xbox one. If you want the best specs for the price go buy a ps4.
Want to not switch to psn that is fine too. Like the order go get a ****ing ps4.
People should stop trying to convince people that one thing is better than the other. Its all based of what you seek in a console.
I myself just want a system that will still play the latest games in 8 years. I couldnt care less wich of the 2 it is i just got a ps4 because friends of mine have one 
PS: Graphics wise you probably wont notice the diffrence stop b****in

AZZA94

AZZA94

YNWA
Reaction score
Sin$
I bought a ps4 about two weeks ago to go alongside my Xbox one because I won a **** load of money, Ive been using it since I got it but honestly cannot see it being my "main" console. It's great to play in fact I feel like I play more of my games on it than what I do on Xbox, feels better for single player games I don't know if that makes sense but yea I don't feel like I have to be in a party talking like I do on Xbox which makes me not play single player games as much. Don't really see much difference in graphics yea they seem slightly better but meh, just feels like it has a nice Instagram filter if you ask me. I just get bored on it a lot quicker than I do on my Xbox one even though I can watch movies online with Netflix or stream on the awful browser it has as well as jamming out with spotify which is great but still I get bored of it quickly. It's just me. I've typed a decent amount so probably gunna get some people telling me I'm insane or wrong and that it's far superior but I don't care. Just letting you know my experience see if it helps :smile:

Ressurection

Ressurection

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Went to the pawn shop, 3 XB1's and I was all like (cool)
Looked next to them, around 20 PS4's.
I can see a lot of people are returning there PS4's :I
But I dont have either console so I can't necessarily say one is better than the other.
X360/PS3 master race anybody?

Ressurection

Ressurection

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Also, I wouldn't go off of "PS4 vs Xbox one" Graphic comparision images. Those are all made by fanboys who try to make the other console look bad. Here's one I could find that looks about right.
_1386118383.jpg

This is just by going off my friends, but apparently the PS4 is brighter than the XB1. (Could just be lying though)

bak0n

bak0n

I'm dead inside
Reaction score
Sin$
<3 my ps4, and also people say the network is **** but ive never had a problem (expect loser squad)

Borat Sagdiyev

Borat Sagdiyev

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have both but the difference is the xbox one looking like a dvr.

Facts

Facts

Contributor
Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I own both and my one barely gets any usage, but hey I got it for less than half the price so whatever.I hate the UI on the X1, it's total downgrade from the 360's. Everything is an app now and a pain in the *** in general compared to the other systems.

On PS4 you hit the home button and all of your stuff is right there (friends, parties, messages, trophies, etc). Everything on the PS4 is integrated and generally fast as hell. You don't have to go into an app to find another app or deal with any of that snap bs. Man I really wish they would've stuck with the 360 UI, the whole windows 8 thing is so damn corny. Give me back my menu guide!

Top Bottom
Login
Register