What's new

How far have we got with with modding the xbox one?

• Thread starter handsomepigeonzz
  • Start date
  • Views 55,158
S

Sketch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
im aware. my whole point is the partition you need to access to in order to exploit it, is only open while in dev mode. other than that, the partition is closed.
All partitions are available in retail as well. Unless you're mistaking for a system virtual disk there's no other partition available in dev mode. You can 'exploit' on retail just as easily as dev mode.

astromodding

astromodding

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
love how the last one i posted was deleted lol.
the whole purpose of the dev kit is honestly to create games/
All partitions are available in retail as well. Unless you're mistaking for a system virtual disk there's no other partition available in dev mode. You can 'exploit' on retail just as easily as dev mode.
you really cant though. if you boot up into dev kit mode you can upload literally anything as long as it is the correct file extension. it doesnt matter what it is. so that means if you wanted you can upload a generator to your console as long as its the correct extension. that means you can upload xbl stealth files to it once you convert them. you can upload modded game saves once they're converted. same thing with pirated games it doesnt matter what it is. all you need to do is figure out HOW to convert them to those extensions and them still work. modding on the console isnt hard once you get the file because its an ISO thats uploaded, converted and compressed. if you couldnt upload literally anything then you couldnt upload Emulators for consoles.

AquaVortex

AquaVortex

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Doesn't matter if it can be converted to dev kit or whatever. It's still possible to do a lot that's available in dev-mode in retail.
Really? I thought you had to do the dev mode activation thingy for $20 but can u teach some cool stuff.

S

Sketch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Really? I thought you had to do the dev mode activation thingy for $20 but can u teach some cool stuff.
You can. The only limitations in retail is the firewall and some tools not being available. It's still possible to get the same use from dev mode. The main difference is that developer-mode has restrictions on what content can be loaded, etc, which is why anyone claiming to be able to do any form of modification in the standard UWA (SRA) developer mode are usually clueless.

astromodding

astromodding

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You can. The only limitations in retail is the firewall and some tools not being available. It's still possible to get the same use from dev mode. The main difference is that developer-mode has restrictions on what content can be loaded, etc, which is why anyone claiming to be able to do any form of modification in the standard UWA (SRA) developer mode are usually clueless.
the literal only restriction for what is uploaded is the extension type bud. how about you hop off of this post and actually try it before claiming it cant be done. and when you realize it can be done, I'll be waiting for you to admit how ignorant you are

and if you do some google searches you will find a promotion offering a free dev account.

64G

64G

Meerkat
Hidden Devils
Reaction score
Sin$
the literal only restriction for what is uploaded is the extension type bud. how about you hop off of this post and actually try it before claiming it cant be done. and when you realize it can be done, I'll be waiting for you to admit how ignorant you are

and if you do some google searches you will find a promotion offering a free dev account.
Be careful with your tone, Sketch does have experience in the modding scene for XB1 and knows what he's talking about.
If you can, elaborate more on this topic and possibly show some of the progress you've achieved atm.

AquaVortex

AquaVortex

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Can u teach me how to get in this dev mode?

astromodding

astromodding

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Be careful with your tone, Sketch does have experience in the modding scene for XB1 and knows what he's talking about.
If you can, elaborate more on this topic and possibly show some of the progress you've achieved atm.
im aware who Sketch is. but thank you (not trying to sound sarcastic) i cant really elborate more than i already did. all you literally need to do to mod on XB1 is to be able to know how to compress your file and how to convert a file from any type over to .appx and it will launch and work. i dont thats why i cant elaborate more on it but i do know it works because i was given a modded ISO of L4D2 and i uploaded it. multiple things i tried wouldnt work after i converted it to .appx which is why i said you need to know how to do ANY file and have it still work. if a modded game works where you have God Mode, aimbot, esp, teleport, change weapons and give items works, then it will work with any game

and also another thing that people are doing is with PUBG they have the mod running on their PC and they have their xbox hooked up to the PC and it works as an injection method. they are modding on xb1 without even exploiting the console. R6 Siege works the same way just like GoW4

S

schitzotm

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
im aware who Sketch is. but thank you (not trying to sound sarcastic) i cant really elborate more than i already did. all you literally need to do to mod on XB1 is to be able to know how to compress your file and how to convert a file from any type over to .appx and it will launch and work. i dont thats why i cant elaborate more on it but i do know it works because i was given a modded ISO of L4D2 and i uploaded it. multiple things i tried wouldnt work after i converted it to .appx which is why i said you need to know how to do ANY file and have it still work. if a modded game works where you have God Mode, aimbot, esp, teleport, change weapons and give items works, then it will work with any game

and also another thing that people are doing is with PUBG they have the mod running on their PC and they have their xbox hooked up to the PC and it works as an injection method. they are modding on xb1 without even exploiting the console. R6 Siege works the same way just like GoW4
Yep, just like window 10 mobile.
Convert to appx and sideload it.
Only problem is upon exit of dev mode you no longer have it. You need to publish it to the store to use as retail. That is why games have anti cheat and cheat detect.
And yes if you can get a remote radar for a console game you can also inject mods via the same. Getting hit with a bolt action gun like it was a machine gun is evidence of this. No recoil no reload and auto aim. Just like in pc. Pubg probably needs more work on mod injection detection.
But yes you are correct that when in dev mode you can convert to appx and it will run on the console by sideloading it.
No big secret there. I think now the appx converter tool even maps the buttons too. (Could be wrong on that its been a while since I used it or read up on it)

astromodding

astromodding

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yep, just like window 10 mobile.
Convert to appx and sideload it.
Only problem is upon exit of dev mode you no longer have it. You need to publish it to the store to use as retail. That is why games have anti cheat and cheat detect.
And yes if you can get a remote radar for a console game you can also inject mods via the same. Getting hit with a bolt action gun like it was a machine gun is evidence of this. No recoil no reload and auto aim. Just like in pc. Pubg probably needs more work on mod injection detection.
But yes you are correct that when in dev mode you can convert to appx and it will run on the console by sideloading it.
No big secret there. I think now the appx converter tool even maps the buttons too. (Could be wrong on that its been a while since I used it or read up on it)
thats literally my point. its already being done for modding. people have figured it out already. you cant exploit the x1 console because it already is exploited as soon as you turn it into a dev kit. you can do literally whatever you want on it. so why are people saying its impossible to mod on x1? PUBG is proof that its possible. and to top it off, it took someone 2 years ago to tell everyone how to do it and no one listened to him because he wasnt a "known modder" yet he's been modding since rainbow six on the original xbox. im talking about me and my brother. we are both from ATOMIKHACKS. we ran the site and the services for the biggest mw2 and CoD4 lobbies. we were the 1st people do to infinite retail to retail mod menus on CoD4. we were the 1st people to have aimbot chopper gunners, super perks, fake derank lobbies, instant drop care packages and we figured out how to do an xp lobby in tdm on mw2 when no one else could. we were the 1st for everything yet no one will listen now and all people do is report my posts because im telling them how to do something that they dont think will work yet when people who actually know what they're doing and aren't leeches figure it out, its the same exact way i told them to begin with.

Last edited:
S

Sketch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
thats literally my point. its already being done for modding. people have figured it out already. you cant exploit the x1 console because it already is exploited as soon as you turn it into a dev kit. you can do literally whatever you want on it. so why are people saying its impossible to mod on x1? PUBG is proof that its possible. and to top it off, it took someone 2 years ago to tell everyone how to do it and no one listened to him because he wasnt a "known modder" yet he's been modding since rainbow six on the original xbox. im talking about me and my brother. we are both from ATOMIKHACKS. we ran the site and the services for the biggest mw2 and CoD4 lobbies. we were the 1st people do to infinite retail to retail mod menus on CoD4. we were the 1st people to have aimbot chopper gunners, super perks, fake derank lobbies, instant drop care packages and we figured out how to do an xp lobby in tdm on mw2 when no one else could. we were the 1st for everything yet no one will listen now and all people do is report my posts because im telling them how to do something that they dont think will work yet when people who actually know what they're doing and aren't leeches figure it out, its the same exact way i told them to begin with.
The PUBG stuff is done through networking, not from an exploited console. Sure, you can install typical Win10 AppX's on the console while in developer-mode but any game will typically fail. This is due to each signed license containing a field called "BootMode" which the console uses to determine whether or not it should be running in which mode. Retail games are set to "RETAIL" which would mean if you were in developer mode, regardless of cert excluding internals, you can't properly install nor boot them. Also, it's not exploited when in developer mode. That's an authorized feature which is everything but an exploit.

To provide a little backup to this - here is a license that each and every Xbox One game (disregarding typical Win10 indie ones, unless they're in ID):
ZWUiych.png

This is why booting and "modding" games in developer mode just won't happen. I mean, unless you magically ended up with the keys to sign the licenses then sure you would be able to modify and alter the boot mode. But of course that hasn't happened.

Not saying it's not possible to take a normal Windows 10 App/Game and attempt to install it on the console but that is not related entirely and should be disregarded.

Last edited:
astromodding

astromodding

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The PUBG stuff is done through networking, not from an exploited console. Sure, you can install typical Win10 AppX's on the console while in developer-mode but any game will typically fail. This is due to each signed license containing a field called "BootMode" which the console uses to determine whether or not it should be running in which mode. Retail games are set to "RETAIL" which would mean if you were in developer mode, regardless of cert excluding internals, you can't properly install nor boot them. Also, it's not exploited when in developer mode. That's an authorized feature which is everything but an exploit.

To provide a little backup to this - here is a license that each and every Xbox One game (disregarding typical Win10 indie ones, unless they're in ID):
ZWUiych.png

This is why booting and "modding" games in developer mode just won't happen. I mean, unless you magically ended up with the keys to sign the licenses then sure you would be able to modify and alter the boot mode. But of course that hasn't happened.

Not saying it's not possible to take a normal Windows 10 App/Game and attempt to install it on the console but that is not related entirely and should be disregarded.
i never said a "normal" game did i? when you turn a game into an ISO properly, it takes that license with it because its read from the disc. when you compress it down to size you add into the file whatever folder you want containing whatever you want. of you wanted to make p*rn randomly pop up throughout the game you could because as far as the xbox is concerned, its a legitimate copy of a game. hence why ROMs work on emulators. because as far as its concerned, its a legitimate copy of the game due to the license. thats where modding on the console itself comes into play. you make a game into an ISO, carry the license in the process, add whatever files you want to game (as long as you dont mess with the boot up) and the game will launch and work with whatever you did to it.

if you ever had a true dev kit, not a converted dev kit or one that was half and half, a true dev kit from the x360 days, which not many people had as far as im aware, then you will know how to do what im talking about because its done almoat exactly the same

S

Sketch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i never said a "normal" game did i? when you turn a game into an ISO properly, it takes that license with it because its read from the disc. when you compress it down to size you add into the file whatever folder you want containing whatever you want. of you wanted to make p*rn randomly pop up throughout the game you could because as far as the xbox is concerned, its a legitimate copy of a game. hence why ROMs work on emulators. because as far as its concerned, its a legitimate copy of the game due to the license. thats where modding on the console itself comes into play. you make a game into an ISO, carry the license in the process, add whatever files you want to game (as long as you dont mess with the boot up) and the game will launch and work with whatever you did to it.

if you ever had a true dev kit, not a converted dev kit or one that was half and half, a true dev kit from the x360 days, which not many people had as far as im aware, then you will know how to do what im talking about because its done almoat exactly the same
So much wrong.

Last edited:
S

schitzotm

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$

How do you plan on taking the “ISO” and getting it to the console? Disk games and downloaded games arent the same. Disk games read the key from the disk. While downloaded games are signed as digital content. How are you going to convert the iso back to original form while keeping the signature in tact?
Also, modding in dev mode would require the game developers login credentials from the game being modded.
The current game modding scene for xbox one uses a pc, packet sniff, and packet inject.
This could be completely ended if the developers would use a secure connection. This hasnt happened yet as the console struggles to render objects with the connection secured. Its the engine they are using that causes this. There is an update for the game engine that solves the whole problem but the developer would need to buy the newer version.
Nobody likes the packet modding because its so easy to completely end it.

Austin

Austin

What a random
10th Anniversary
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Hate to be that guy but look into how the radar works... I've ran it for pc and xb1 and still can. It's pretty much a slightly edited radar that the pc version uses. The xbox one isn't exploited itself all the radar on PUBG does is middleman the packets from your console to whatever you have the radar on (VM, VPS....) and it shows real time player locations. Just saying you're thinking the PUBG exploit is more than it is. Has nothing to do with exploiting the console itself at all.

C

Culhane

Reaction score
Sin$

ZWUiych.png

that's a 256-bit "KeyId" , Do you know what algorithm or combination of algos. that corresponds to ?

Sycc

Sycc

Custom Title:
Programmer Modder Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Look its under 2 years until xbox comes out witha new xbox aand then itll be back to sqaure 1. I heavily doubt anyone will ever figure out how to mod one within that time. They encrypted their **** so a buncha unpaid gremlens with nothing better to do cant mod it. Bravo on their part. Console modding is probably dead forever. RIP

brandondavis2266

brandondavis2266

Reaction score
Sin$
has anybody looked into possibly trying to get some programs installed through KODI on the xbox one to see if you can get anything unsigned to run? it has a file download section but i have no clue where to start with any of it

Top Bottom
Login
Register