What's new

Unsolved How exactly does hosting work on COD WW2, specifically on PS4?

G

GodsRightHand

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So a little background, I used to be a big COD player on Xbox and I remember with previous iterations of the game the hosting was done P2P. Is this also the case with WW2 on PS4? I’ve read around and can’t seem to find a solid answer, and based on my own experience (two great games followed by one with lag) I really can’t tell. I have Fios coming into my house connected to a gigabit-capable router, which my PS4 connects to with a LAN cable. 50mbps up and down with 6ms ping, I can’t figure out why I’m lagging on such a regular basis. Anybody know for sure how hosting works in this game/ have any tips for my setup?

S

Skepta

Microphone Champion
Super Moderators
Reaction score
I believe it goes off people of a similar skill and not local connections.

G

GodsRightHand

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I knew that already lol, but what i am curious about is if its P2P or dedicated servers? Either way with a 6ms ping I shouldn’t be lagging as much as I am, or my ping isn’t as good as i though? From what I’ve seen online it seems to be more then average, and I’m talking about rubber banding type lagging about 20% of games (I leave these obviously lol), not just getting hit markers instead of kills. I guess either the servers are crap, or the SBMM puts me with people across the country and picks them as the host (or just gives me an incredible amount of host lag to compensate)

19XX

Reaction score
I doubt this has anything to do with it, but is your NAT open?

Also, maybe check your UPnP?

G

GodsRightHand

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah open nat, I have every port that’s listed on activisions website forwarded and 4196kbps bandwith.

G

Gardzz

Hollywood's Bleeding
Retired
Reaction score
I believe you get put into games with people with around the same stats as you if you're playing solo, location and internet strength could also be a factor.

With that being said, when playing in a 6 man you are more likely to be up against squads of any rank.

Top Bottom